Is Tremaine ready to break out?

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Man, if you thought Edmunds' play recognition and run support suffered, you must have HATED Milano. In any event, Edmunds is the perfect MLB for modern football. He is massive, disrupts passing lanes, is excellent in coverage, and gets sideline to sideline.  The big thing i left out: great in run support. The reason is it just doesn't matter that much in today's NFL. This is not a running league. The inverse of that is you just don't need MLBs to be thumpers anymore. In fact, you don't even need their primary purpose to be great run stoppers. I think that, for what matters most in today's game, Edmunds is as good as any other MLB in the NFL.  

I mean.. is it not a rushing league though?  Baltimore, Tennessee, San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, Houston, Dallas... Teams are definitely still running the ball.  

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If I had to pick between resigning Milano and Edmunds, I'd choose Milano. 

100% of offensive coordinators in the league would disagree. It's really difficult to create throwing lanes over the middle of the field with Edmunds standing there. His size in my opinion has actually made him UNDERRATED in the media. His impact doesn't show up on the stat sheet but his size and range means typical passing lanes are not there. Yeah he's probably below average at stopping the run. But he is already near elite status with pass coverage and that matters way more.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Crazy he is only 22 and already in his 3rd year.  I see big things coming from him!

Which leads me to a question I forgot to ask couple of times... How is that possible? I mean I know that he was one of the youngest (or THE youngest?) player to be ever drafted at 19, but how so? I know that you have to play 3 years of college, so I checked his wiki and it says he went to Virginia Tech when he was 17.

You can go to college at 17 in US? In my country you need to finish high school and it's not possible before 18 birthday unless you are some kind of genius.

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Which leads me to a question I forgot to ask couple of times... How is that possible? I mean I know that he was one of the youngest (or THE youngest?) player to be ever drafted at 19, but how so? I know that you have to play 3 years of college, so I checked his wiki and it says he went to Virginia Tech when he was 17.

You can go to college at 17 in US? In my country you need to finish high school and it's not possible before 18 birthday unless you are some kind of genius.

This is from Reddit so take it with a grain of salt.  But it looks like him and his brothers all skipped a grade when they went from home schooling to public schooling.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I went to college at 17. It depends on where your birthday falls in the year and if your parents want to start you early or let you wait to start school. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I went to college at 17. It depends on where your birthday falls in the year and if your parents want to start you early or let you wait to start school. 

i did too.  i was 17 for about a month into my first year of college.  you tend to see less and less of that with parents holding their kids back a year.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i did too.  i was 17 for about a month into my first year of college.  you tend to see less and less of that with parents holding their kids back a year.

But we were clearly exceptional, so that was OK.......

The funny thing is how many of these kids were held back because of sports vs other more reasonable explanations. We knew several like that. Get over it! Parents take kids sports WAY too seriously! Unless a scholarship is the only way to get into college, try to get a grip on reality. I know little Johnny looks like a stud in T-Ball, but take a chill pill. Some crazy parents out there....

Excited to see if Edmunds can take that jump this year. As others have pointed out, just being consistent in the run game (good but not even great) makes him elite with his already-elite coverage skills.

Tremaine and Josh both look jacked this year; the kids are putting on some big boy muscle. If if if but if both he and Allen take that next step... elite QB on offense and defense, so to speak.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He was 17 his whole first year in college.  He turned 18 after his freshmen year was over.  

15 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

He was 17 his whole first year in college.  He turned 18 after his freshmen year was over.  

My wife was the same way. I know it’s quite unusual, but maybe because of her experience it surprises me a bit less. She skipped a grade in high school.....always in a hurry, that one! Of course, she would fit in Tremaine’s pocket! I’m sure his enormous size made him look like he fit in with older classmates and teammates. Odd that he could sign a rookie deal worth million$, but he couldn’t buy a beer to celebrate. ?

Regardless, I absolutely LOVE the guy and his potential for greatness! 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Seems he has put a TON of work in by his own accounts.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

As much as Milano drives me crazy at times because of over running his lanes, I think he is a more impact linebacker.  Tremaine doesnt overrun his lanes because he is slow to react.   He doesnt need to be a thumper to be great, I just think he has slow instincts.   If I had to pick between resigning Milano and Edmunds, I'd choose Milano. 

Yes, he is set to break out... Wish we had LvE as well because that would be ridiculous. Just needs Coach Kuechly for guidance on how to be a GOAT LB.

You gotta keep Milano and Edmunds unless LvE leaves Dallas and we can get him or TJ Watt

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

As much as Milano drives me crazy at times because of over running his lanes, I think he is a more impact linebacker.  Tremaine doesnt overrun his lanes because he is slow to react.   He doesnt need to be a thumper to be great, I just think he has slow instincts.   If I had to pick between resigning Milano and Edmunds, I'd choose Milano. 

vi14oAJ.gif

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I went to college at 17.4 years old. 

I skipped a grade.  The principal (head Nun) wanted me to skip a second time but mom didnt want me to be 2 years physically and socially behind my peers.

I could have gone to college at 16.  I know someone who went to college at 16.  There are/were colleges (Simon's Rock at Bard College, here: https://simons-rock.edu/early-college/index.php) who were accepting people who only finished 3 years of H.S.

Edited by maddenboy

5 hours ago, Augie said:

yep.  My older son is a late September birthday and if we sent him to kindergarten this September he’d be 17 years and 11 months when he starts college eventually.