Sean: “back up or mask up”

On 8/9/2020 at 8:40 PM, Klaista2k said:

The virus has like a 99.6% survival rate. And yes a lot of those "162,000 deaths" are made up. It's mostly older people dying of other causes and they just call it COVID to collect more $. 

And if masks really work.....then why did they release so many prisoners instead of just giving them masks? 

It's all BS. 

Here you go: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

The other day I went in to get coffee and a customer came in without a mask.  I noticed he was driving a vehicle with a New Hampshire plate and I realized he must be a Patriots fan.

Or just a selfish first worlder that has no functioning sense of community/common good, or care for his/her fellow countryman. You know, the “I got mine so F you” type of person. We need a vaccine for that as well. 

On 8/9/2020 at 9:40 PM, Klaista2k said:

The virus has like a 99.6% survival rate. And yes a lot of those "162,000 deaths" are made up. It's mostly older people dying of other causes and they just call it COVID to collect more $. 

And if masks really work.....then why did they release so many prisoners instead of just giving them masks? 

It's all BS. 

When this horrible scourge takes people who think like you do, we will just "call it" natural selection.

• Like (+1) 2

A T shirt or even better a mask. I would buy one especially if the proceeds went to Covid-19 relief funds. Living here in south Covida AKA Florida where we set Covid-19 death records almost daily, mask wearing in public is mandatory. I spend about 60 hours a week wearing one and I hate it, but understand the importance of it. So even if it wasn't mandatory I would wear it at work for the safety of others. Kudos to McDermott

plate2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, swimtoga said:

So should I be free to walk around naked or drive drunk?

Absolutely.  It's all about every person's own freedom...regardless of how it infringes on others' right to freedom.  Only my freedoms matter!!!  Not yours or anyone else's!

/sarcasm off/

• Like (+1) 2

Good study by Duke just came out on masks and their effectiveness.  I get at least a couple clients a week who mention that it has been proven masks do not work and I always wonder where they are reading this.  After some reasearch, I have also seen couple doctors and other sites claiming they do not work.  This might be good to read.  Of course it is possible Duke is part of the deep state. 

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleid=27691&publicId=395

17 hours ago, swimtoga said:

So should I be free to walk around naked or drive drunk?

Let's be honest here. Your freedom to walk around naked should (rightfully so) depend on the level of attractive you are.

For example, if I walk around naked, I should get the death penalty.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Good study by Duke just came out on masks and their effectiveness.  I get at least a couple clients a week who mention that it has been proven masks do not work and I always wonder where they are reading this.  After some reasearch, I have also seen couple doctors and other sites claiming they do not work.  This might be good to read.  Of course it is possible Duke is part of the deep state. 

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleid=27691&publicId=395

The original Duke paper is linked over on the covid threads if anyone wants to read it,  and there's discussion debunking the "masks don't work" thing.  Note that the paper is looking at effectiveness from the viewpoint of the mask wearer protecting others from the droplets exhaled by speaking.

This is a good video using schlieren to show the effect of mask wearing on how exhalations travel.  It includes some photos of  bacterial culture plates as well.  Perhaps schlieren and petri dishes are also part of the 'deep state'.  What the hell is the "deep state" anyway?  Nah don't tell me I don't think I want to know.

To recap:

Yes, the virus is about 0.1 micron in diameter.    But the relevant size, is the size of the water particles we snork out, large and aerosolized, which are much bigger than the virus.  That's not an accident - the virus needs to be surrounded by water to remain infectious and it can't move around on its own, we move it in our exhalations.  Water particles we exhale are exhaled as larger particles and break into smaller particles as they get further from our face due to the force of the exhalation/sneeze/shout/singing.  So when we wear a larger cloth mask, it can block and absorb the stuff we snork out before they break up into small particles.  That's why my cloth mask protects you from me, but not me from you.

A virus is just a little parasitic delivery truck for its own replication and assembly instructions.  Outside our warm moist schnoz, it needs to be sitting in a little water droplet to keep its proteins functional and able to be infectious.  If it's stripped of the water surrounding it, it will dry out and inactivate.  That's the reason it inactivates faster on porous surfaces like cloth, paper, and cardboard vs. glass hard plastic or metal.

The other key piece that gets lost is that people mistakenly believe N95 masks don't block things smaller than 0.3 microns.  0.3 microns is just their least efficient size range.  They do indeed filter smaller particles, the efficiency goes back up.

• Thank you (+1) 1