Sean: “back up or mask up”

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure why the mask topic is so confusing to people. You should wear one when you’re in close proximity to other people. And that proximity metric is made even more acute when you’re indoors. It’s a simple concept. (Still not sure why I see people wearing one while driving!)

Might have just been somewhere, on the way to another location and forgot to take it off.  If I have to go to a few stores, I'll often leave my mask on in the car but just pull it down a little bit.  Just saves time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I see people driving alone in vehicles wearing a mask, I just lol everytime I see that. 

They could be doing it so that they don't have to remove the mask (which we've been told can spread the virus), or they may be on their way to pick someone up (rideshare or a friend, etc.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Adding the word "Buck O" to the end would even sound better!

Back up or mask up Buck O!

That's about as 'off color' as his language would get. That's akin to an f-bomb for McDermott.  ? Good for him by leading by example.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure why the mask topic is so confusing to people. You should wear one when you’re in close proximity to other people. And that proximity metric is made even more acute when you’re indoors. It’s a simple concept. (Still not sure why I see people wearing one while driving!)

I think I’ve finally figured this one out. They are going to multiple places that require a mask and do want to remove it between stops in fear of spreading any infection resting on the exterior of the mask.

Edited by ToBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I catch myself doing that every so often. When you're wearing a mask 8 hours a day 6 days a week, you kind of forget you're wearing one.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have a procedure I follow while donning and while removing my good mask, it's not a huge deal but involves taking off my sun hat and glasses, putting one hand on the potentially contaminated outward surface of my mask, placing the straps, sanitizing my hands, then replacing my glasses and sun hat back on. 

So if I'm running errands or going to be in and out of a Drs office then lab for tests,  I'll just leave it on until I'm done.  It doesn't "make me feel safer" it's just more convenient and saves some time

12 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Oh, I'm not saying they should not do it if it makes them feel safer. It's just funny IMO. However, the types of masks most people are wearing are to protect others, not themselves...

It's still possible for the outward facing surface to become contaminated, meaning don't touch it unless you wash or sanitize hands afterwards.

• Like (+1) 3