2019 Season: A Twitter Follow I Recommend

He has attempted to Tweet every nonspike Josh Allen  throw of 2019.  He has compiled separate threads that showcased the balls that might be considered drops, some of his best runs, etc.  If there is some play you might wish to review, he has probably documented it, usually from two angles.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Thanks to Mr. Papadopoulous for posting this.  It must have taken a fair amount of time to put this together.  Knox appears quite a bit in the earlier ones.  Let's hope he improves as a 2nd year veteran.  I was surprised by how often Beasley appeared, as he has a reputation for being sure-handed.  I suppose you have to take into account how many targets these guys get.  If you catch 95 out of 100 thrown to you, but these video clips only show your 5 drops, it may be an inaccurate reflection on the receiver.  That said, if you look at it solely from the QB perspective, it tells a more realistic story.

QBs miss throws and WRs drop them.  I think you can see some trends.  Knox with 

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Thanks to Mr. Papadopoulous for posting this.  It must have taken a fair amount of time to put this together.  Knox appears quite a bit in the earlier ones.  Let's hope he improves as a 2nd year veteran.  I was surprised by how often Beasley appeared, as he has a reputation for being sure-handed.  I suppose you have to take into account how many targets these guys get.  If you catch 95 out of 100 thrown to you, but these video clips only show your 5 drops, it may be an inaccurate reflection on the receiver.  That said, if you look at it solely from the QB perspective, it tells a more realistic story.

All QBs make poor throws or misreads.   All pass catchers peak for defenders or misjudge the time and space they have to work with. 

I think Beasley does not track the ball well over his shoulder.  He doesnt often run routes that require him to do it, maybe for good reason.

Knox and Singletary had so little collegiate passing game experience.  Hopefully they make big improvements this year.  It would make the offense so much better.  400+ points or bust!

7 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Here is the "dropped" pass thread:

Compilation of 2019 Dropped Passes

This has often been a point of debate.  Some have the (knee jerk, imo) view of "poor ball placement" or " thrown too hard."   They are all (according to Stathi) here for some review. 

"Thrown too hard" is silly unless it is within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. NFL receivers need to catch it no matter how hard it is thrown if it hits them in the hands.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

He has attempted to Tweet every nonspike Josh Allen  throw of 2019.  He has compiled separate threads that showcased the balls that might be considered drops, some of his best runs, etc.  If there is some play you might wish to review, he has probably documented it, usually from two angles.

What's the point?

15 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

What's the point?

If there is any passing play of Allen's 2019 season this is the best resource I know of to go and get them.  Separarte threads for each game, dropped passes, converted 10+ 3rd downs, best throws/runs etc.  This guy did what I suspect is huge amount of work to put these all in one place.  It seems to be a mixture of TV broadcast clips and the All 22 versions of each pass play.  If you have no reason to ever want to view any of them for any reason that's your right.  Some here continue to hash out issues of accuracy, drops, decision making, and pass protection.  Here is a go to place to review any of that and I thought there would be members here that might appreciate it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

If there is any passing play of Allen's 2019 season this is the best resource I know of to go and get them.  Separarte threads for each game, dropped passes, converted 10+ 3rd downs, best throws/runs etc.  This guy did what I suspect is huge amount of work to put these all in one place.  It seems to be a mixture of TV broadcast clips and the All 22 versions of each pass play.  If you have no reason to ever want to view any of them for any reason that's your right.  Some here continue to hash out issues of accuracy, drops, decision making, and pass protection.  Here is a go to place to review any of that and I thought there would be members here that might appreciate it.  

Thank You