HBD Coach Levy!

14 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

How much different the city would be viewed had this moment been a positive one. Still my all-time favorite SB picture moment for the team, despite the outcome.

image.png.0ebed4b7ada343b1b3a3cee6e575650b.png

They all knew Norwood was going to miss just like I did.

I was on the phone at the time watching the game and my best is a Giants fan. I congratulated him on the Giants SB victory before the kick.

Norwood attempting a 47 yarder on grass was NOT happening in a million years.

They did a great job against that D to go 60 yards in 2:10 with no timeouts just to get into that position, but I was praying that Reed or Thurman would break one to get a little closer for Norwood. Didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm not sure what there is to cherish. I typically don't look back fondly at those times. Can't watch those old games due to the fact I know they wound up losers in the end, and in most embarrassing ways. Would be a lot different if they could have won one of them.

If that's all you can take away from those years then that's on you my friend :(

Marv was and is a sanctimonious (spelling?) SOB, and I love him for it.

Happy Birthday Marv. You are the Standard for a man!

Only you can curse out someone with 10 + letter words 

As Thurman said...What did he just say?

17 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah it is crazy how fast it can come.  The same happened to my fraternal grandparents.  Both were driving, playing cards, visiting with friends in their 90s, then when it started to happen they went downhill in a matter of days.  Crazy stuff.

Don't get me started. Both my parents were golfing at 92. 3 more average years, more than the sum of their parts, Dad sharp as a tack, Mom healthy as a race horse. Overnight Dad had a moderate stroke, they became not twice the problem but the problem squared. Dad died at 100 years, 283 days. Mom turned 101 11 days ago.

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Always liked Levy. I only wish Marv stayed retired and didn’t come back for that terrible GM figurehead role.  He did some major damage to the franchise 

100% true. I blame Ralph for that hire, more than Levy agreeing to it.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a good one but nothing beats this...

nfl_mmp22_cr_1296x729.jpg

So sad that THIS was the highlight of that God-awful evening. 

It's funny. When I was a kid Marv Levy was old. Now I'm old, and he's still old.

8 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

100% true. I blame Ralph for that hire, more than Levy agreeing to it.

So sad that THIS was the highlight of that God-awful evening. 

That started out as such a great game. Tasker's blocked punt, Thurman's TD, the big gain by Reed to take them down near the goal line. Such a shame they couldn't punch it in.

Then the Cowboys scored those two TDs right at the end of the half and it just killed the game. The turnovers just wrecked the Bills in the last 3 super bowls.

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's funny. When I was a kid Marv Levy was old. Now I'm old, and he's still old.

That started out as such a great game. Tasker's blocked punt, Thurman's TD, the big gain by Reed to take them down near the goal line. Such a shame they couldn't punch it in.

Then the Cowboys scored those two TDs right at the end of the half and it just killed the game. The turnovers just wrecked the Bills in the last 3 super bowls.

The OL got manhandled in the SBs with the exception of the first one. That’s the main reason that there where a million turnovers.