HBD Coach Levy!

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I get it.  But he got us to 4.  As much as that s%&^ hurt I will forever cherish those days.

Well said and such a great man.  I haven’t seen him recently but last time I say him, he looked great. But things can change quickly when you get old.  I hope he is still doing great. 

And I was young for the SB teams but I remember thinking they should have had a better DC because that defense should have been much better than it was.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well said and such a great man.  I haven’t seen him recently but last time I say him, he looked great. But things can change quickly when you get old.  I hope he is still doing great. 

And I was young for the SB teams but I remember thinking they should have had a better DC because that defense should have been much better than it was.

The SB days for me were 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade.  Formative years.  Probably has a lot to do with the way my brain works these days lol.

Had to look Marv's age up...he's 95.  Good for him!  Guy always had a great spirit and attitude.  Probably helps with his longevity.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Forget the coaching part of it.

Marv Levy is a great man. Period.

In his honor, and in the words of his usual celebratory song:

”Hooray for Marv

Hooray at last

Hooray for Marv

he’s a horse’s ass!”

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

51-3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

6th in points allowed, average vs the run. 

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The SB days for me were 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade.  Formative years.  Probably has a lot to do with the way my brain works these days lol.

Had to look Marv's age up...he's 95.  Good for him!  Guy always had a great spirit and attitude.  Probably helps with his longevity.

My great aunt was in great shape at 95 and then she just went so fast.   Hopefully Marv has many more birthdays left.  What a great human being. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

6th in points allowed, average vs the run. 

Like I said, I was going but I just remember them being a little soft for all the talent they had.  That season was definitely the high point of the SB defenses.  

also, a great offense can help a defense when they get early leads and make teams one dimensional.  I’d love to see that more this years group.

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My great aunt was in great shape at 95 and then she just went so fast.   Hopefully Marv has many more birthdays left.  What a great human being. 

My wife's grandmother turned 96 this past July. She's slowed down, obviously, but she's still sharp as a tack and has never worn glasses or contacts...although her hearing (or difficulty with it) is like you'd expect from a 96 year old.

Happy Birthday, Marv! Here's to hoping for more. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Like I said, I was going but I just remember them being a little soft for all the talent they had.  That season was definitely the high point of the SB defenses.  

also, a great offense can help a defense when they get early leads and make teams one dimensional.  I’d love to see that more this years group.

yep- I remember them being soft up the middle and teams used to be able to run with power inside.  

But they also averaged like 40 minutes per game on the field because of the no huddle O, which didn’t help them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah it is crazy how fast it can come.  The same happened to my fraternal grandparents.  Both were driving, playing cards, visiting with friends in their 90s, then when it started to happen they went downhill in a matter of days.  Crazy stuff.

• Like (+1) 1