The ROCK is buying the XFL

Greg S

Good for Dwayne. Don't discount his star power helping the XFL.

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

I dont think a pro league will survive unless the NFL wants it to, and they will serve markets they feel are best in their own interests.

The NFL had no problem with the XFL. In fact there was XFL news on NFL.com.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not too bad for a pro wrestler. He's the most successful of them all. Of course, McMahon's a billionaire. But, I hope, and suspect that Johnson might be better positioned to make the XFL successful, at least in terms of branding. 

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Good for Dwayne. Don't discount his star power helping the XFL.

The NFL had no problem with the XFL. In fact there was XFL news on NFL.com.

Along with becoming an NFL offseason venue for watching football, I've always hoped the XFL might turn into a sort of farm league for the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think $15mil is that much of a problem for him to front.

He can just do another movie or a few appearances for Vince and make it right back.....

oh he has the money, but aren't there more fun things you could waste 15 mill on?

he could hire a bunch of homeless people to run around his back yard while he throws full beer cans at them.  he gets them working, and he has fun with his money.  win win.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Not too bad for a pro wrestler. He's the most successful of them all. Of course, McMahon's a billionaire. But, I hope, and suspect that Johnson might be better positioned to make the XFL successful, at least in terms of branding. 

Along with becoming an NFL offseason venue for watching football, I've always hoped the XFL might turn into a sort of farm league for the NFL. 

The NFL will never sanction an official development league ever again because of the potential liability. They won't stop any independent league, especially a spring league, that doesn't affect them.

And to be clear, The Rock is just part owner.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Rock was the highest paid actor last year, has been in the top three for years, and is the second highest paid actor of all time. This is pocket change for him.

Won't be quite as easy now with ten people maximum capacity in theatres.  ?

1 hour ago, teef said:

he could hire a bunch of homeless people to run around his back yard while he throws full beer cans at them.

Hell, I can do that!  (Receiver, that is...)

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Won't be quite as easy now with ten people maximum capacity in theatres.  ?

Hell, I can do that!  (Receiver, that is...)

Good opportunity for drive in movie theaters to make a comeback.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he should have just split the 15 million up and given it to the underprivileged! How dare he make this capitalist move by buying something at rock bottom value and attempting to increase it thru intelligence, creativity and hard work!!!? 

Obviously sarcasm here. I hope it works out for him!!

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I guess with the league dismantled and all the contracts torn up you aren't really getting much outside of the brand. I'm curious what it actually entails.

Guess he’s paying for all that future exploitation of the workers!

Ya know how you make a million in the XFL?  Start with 15 million... 

all humor aside, good luck to him...being every iteration so far has gone belly up,  he’s gonna need it. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2