Brian Winters - Released

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Why are they releasing him is the first question?

Same reason they released Spencer Long...he's not very good.

Rather move Cody Ford to RG, where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'd rather kick Ford inside.  Or Williams.  They're younger and potentially better.

I don't get this line of thinking with Williams...the guy was an All-Pro at RT, which was arguably our worst position on the team last year.

Darryl Williams should be the starting RT for this team if he's fully healthy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Your assuming the Jets have provide all of the players on their roster at the start of camp with their full playbooks which will remain unchanged into the season.....

with this shortened offseason we have it'd be pretty crazy if they didn't.

I'm warming up to the idea of playing Cody Ford at RG.   He was projected as a stud at that position in the Draft.  

To me, i'd rather have solid to above-average play at 4/5 positions on the OL, with RT being a question mark and Darryl Williams and Ty Nsehke competing for that spot.  

Of course, RT is more important than RG and they have invested a rookie year in breaking in Ford there.  If he makes a jump, i'll certainly trust the staff keeping him there.  

No need to go out signing guys, especially if they're only on one year deals... We have depth, just roll over everything into next year so we can do what we need to do even if the cap is $174 mil.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JustWinPlease said:

Same reason they released Spencer Long...he's not very good.

I don't get this line of thinking with Williams...the guy was an All-Pro at RT, which was arguably our worst position on the team last year.

Oh, I'm on the DW at RT train.  I'm just saying he's an option at RG if they're dead-set on Ford at RT.

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Agree with all this. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He wouldn’t get a free ride in making the roster 

I'm just going to link this for everyone's viewing pleasure.  It's been a while since I heard the song.  It's just wild.  Winter is a musician.  This song defies category. It's jazz.  It's jam music.  It's metallic. He even does some early beat box/mix master stuff.  Nuts.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 2

He's considerably better than Feliciano and slightly better than Spain. He's no probowler, but still an upgrade unless something happened to him. Too bad he isn't a RT so we could kick Ford inside where he belongs. I doubt Ford will ever be very good at RT.