Eagles HC Pederson positive for Covid.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

You would think so. I'm still not clear on how MLB is going about this. Players that tested positive have to be negative twice within 48 hours to be able to come back. I haven't seen anywhere that they have to quarantine for 14 days though.

5-10

Per NFL protocols, Pederson can return to the team’s practice facility after waiting 10 days since his first positive test if he remains asymptomatic or at least five days if he has consecutive negative tests at least 24 hours apart during that five-day span.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-nfl-training-camp-covid-19-20200720-pr77x4agu5herfbqlob2twgcim-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

There is little we can do other than be smart and wear masks. Embrace it and learn from it. There will be future outbreaks of various viruses, and we need to do better in the future. This is our opportunity to learn to do better. 

Players, coaches and staff will be testing positive. Let this be a learning experience for all of us, including those who should be leading. 

Yes, this is all a test.  Another virus with a higher fatality rate may follow.  God help us if it does.  The planet is overpopulated, though.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

can’t he  just quarantine for 10-14 days and stay out of the facility until he’s negative like the rest of society 

Yes he can and will need to.  The question is from whom did he get it and did he pass it on to any other staff and players?  They will know in about 5 days if others are infected.

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Don't players who have interacted with players who have tested positive also have to quarantine? If not, I gotta believe that there will be serious and rapid spread. If so, that means a whole lot of players will be in quarantine, not just the ones who test positive. At this point, those testing positive haven't been interacting with other players but that is going to change soon. *sigh* no good options. I'm still hoping for the best and it is too early to activate the escape pods but still, man, I am losing my natural sense of optimism.

It depends. If he was masked and the players were masked they don't need to quarantine.  Only household members and close contacts would need to be quarantined.  Same goes for any occupational exposure.  Who gets quarantined is all about what they were wearing and how close they were in contact with the positive person.  

I know there is a lot of concern and valid, but there is also a lot of the sky is falling by some.  Both the league and the NFLPA expected this to happen.  Since given HIPAA laws prohibit giving the public information people are asking, only they agreed to cite if a player has a positive test result, so we don’t know.  It could be a positive test, they have antibodies, has it already, have a mild case,  or more serious.  The bottom line is we’re not supposed to know.  I know I’m healthy, but I don’t want people having access to my medical records.  It’s no one’s business, but their own.

I don’t wish it, but expect a spike in positive cases during camp, and then the % of players, coaches and staff with anti-bodies will be higher so should go down when they are playing games.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's frustrating because the virus ranges from no symptoms to deadly symptoms depending on your age and overall health.  You'd think not having any symptoms would be a good thing but not with this virus.  Without knowing your carrying the virus you're more likely to go out and spread it to somebody else extremely vulnerable.

Generally speaking true, but it varies so much... healthy people die and compromised people have barely felt symptoms... blood type is one factor and they are discovering others, but it is a weird virus... Also reports of long term lung and heart issues is some people even without symptoms.. again the randomness of the virus is tough to deal with.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lol @josina Anderson.  She's probably the most political of them all...

If they anticipated ppl getting the flu, and some players have got it, why would anything change if a coach got it. The media narrative is after every opt out ( finance driven) or positive test, is to ask if the season gets cancelled,  then it's kind of obvious what's going on....

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

There is little we can do other than be smart and wear masks. Embrace it and learn from it. There will be future outbreaks of various viruses, and we need to do better in the future. This is our opportunity to learn to do better. 

Players, coaches and staff will be testing positive. Let this be a learning experience for all of us, including those who should be leading. 

In some sense we did know better than we have shown (especially the US) but politics has gotten on the way.

It’s amazing to me that some are more concerned with the election than taking care of their fellow Americans—especially considering how taking care of Americans is one of the best ways to win an election. 

If McD goes down though I have confidence in Frazier.

14 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Big surprise...healthy 52-year old is “infected” with The Deadly Virus...and is still healthy.  Quick!  Cancel the season!!!  

Imagine if we routinely tested healthy people for the flu or any other virus...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So what happens on game day if a head coach tested positive but has mild symptoms?  There is a rule against front office personnel communicating with  coaches during the game.  Is this different as the coach would be there if not positive?

The same as any other year. He stays home and has soup. The assistant coach takes over...

• Like (+1) 1

It's so odd to think that in any normal year, the HOF game would be this Thursday. I'm holding out hope we have a season but I'm not seeing how it will work right now. I know a few people that have had it bu now. Only one was very sick, the other felt like it was a bad flu and the majority felt nothing at all and didn't even know they had it. Such a weird illness. 

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Big surprise...healthy 52-year old is “infected” with The Deadly Virus...and is still healthy.  Quick!  Cancel the season!!!  

Imagine if we routinely tested healthy people for the flu or any other virus...

Then he spreads it to somebody much more vulnerable who dies.  How is this hard to comprehend?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2