Eagles HC Pederson positive for Covid.

Leslie Frazier

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR/ ASSISTANT HEAD COACH

Leslie Frazier is in his 4th season as the Bills defensive coordinator/assistant head coach. In his second in Buffalo, the defense finished second in the NFL, allowing 294.1 yards per game, which was the Bills highest rank since they finished first in 1999. Frazier. a defensive back on the 1985 Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears, was the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings from 2011-13.

38 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

All of this is getting incredibly out of hand.   He tested positive, he is asymptomatic or is he on his way to a ventilator?  It seems like everyone that tests positive is lumped into the same category, when it couldn't be further from the truth.   At this point just start all sports on November 4th.

A lot of people have already had it without knowing it.

What makes you think it will be any better by November?

• Like (+1) 1

I would be very interested to see them do serology testing (am I getting that word right?) along with the COVID testing so we can get a sense for how much of the NFL demo has been impacted already without knowing it. I would imagine it would be a decently high rate which I think would ease many fears over each positive case result that we get. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

All of this is getting incredibly out of hand.   He tested positive, he is asymptomatic or is he on his way to a ventilator?  It seems like everyone that tests positive is lumped into the same category, when it couldn't be further from the truth.   At this point just start all sports on November 4th.

and yet here he is contagious to the whole team including older staff and overweight players/staff even if he is fine. 

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

his point is it’s election related and not a real concern 

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It's frustrating because the virus ranges from no symptoms to deadly symptoms depending on your age and overall health.  You'd think not having any symptoms would be a good thing but not with this virus.  Without knowing your carrying the virus you're more likely to go out and spread it to somebody else extremely vulnerable.

41 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i am one who had it and did not know it 

I have family in healthcare and they’ve mentioned how often people come in for unrelated things, a test for COVID is done and the patient (many times older patients) are shocked to find out they’re currently COVID positive. 

There is little we can do other than be smart and wear masks. Embrace it and learn from it. There will be future outbreaks of various viruses, and we need to do better in the future. This is our opportunity to learn to do better. 

Players, coaches and staff will be testing positive. Let this be a learning experience for all of us, including those who should be leading. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

his point is it’s election related and not a real concern 

Not sure what that poster meant,  but I’ll chime in and say I believe this is a real concern AND also election related.    Not in the sense that it was unleashed for that purpose, but in how it’s being covered and weaponized.   FWIW, I lean center-right, but am not voting for either of these disasters.  That said, I can make the logical observation. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure what that poster meant,  but I’ll chime in and say I believe this is a real concern AND also election related.    Not in the sense that it was unleashed for that purpose, but in how it’s being covered and weaponized.   FWIW, I lean center-right, but am not voting for either of these disasters.  That said, I can make the logical observation. 

You’ve shared your opinion plenty of times for a football board. I beg of you to go to PPP if you insist on talking covid politics. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is to important to mince words (and I'm still not saying near what I really want to say).

There is a whole lot of ignorant up in here. This isn't about politics, other than a hell of a lot of people are parroting word for word what people in power are saying, and those people, to quote George Carlin "do not give a f*** about you." There legit might not be such a thing as asymptomatic cases...it's only asymptomatic if you're not searching for the right symptoms.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/brain-fog-heart-damage-covid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/506752-mild-cases-of-coronavirus-may-not-be-as-mild-as

Edited by HardyBoy

35 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I would be very interested to see them do serology testing (am I getting that word right?) along with the COVID testing so we can get a sense for how much of the NFL demo has been impacted already without knowing it. I would imagine it would be a decently high rate which I think would ease many fears over each positive case result that we get. 

Correct term.  

From cdc.gov: Serology tests look for antibodies in blood. If antibodies are found, that means there has been a previous infection. Antibodies are proteins that can fight off infections.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eh?  Since people may be infected asymptomaticly or with very mild symptoms, I think it's to be expected that a number of infections will be picked up while onboarding.

It really doesn't have any bearing on how well or poorly the season will go once they get everyone in the building.

The real question will be how able will they be to keep guys isolated during the season, if covid-19 positive players are taken out of rotation for a couple of weeks.

Don't players who have interacted with players who have tested positive also have to quarantine? If not, I gotta believe that there will be serious and rapid spread. If so, that means a whole lot of players will be in quarantine, not just the ones who test positive. At this point, those testing positive haven't been interacting with other players but that is going to change soon. *sigh* no good options. I'm still hoping for the best and it is too early to activate the escape pods but still, man, I am losing my natural sense of optimism.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

What does November 4 have to do with it? ?

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Apparently he thinks the NFL will stop testing after the election...