"Things I Won't Work With"

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You musta quit a lotta jobs over that last one

What you got against pugs?

8 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh!t-kickers and Methodists.

114354-The-Pug-Life.jpg

PugLife baby!!! Yee yee!!:wub:

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You musta quit a lotta jobs over that last one

What you got against pugs?

Yes, I found that the only boss and employees I can deal with is myself... Takes away so much stress.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Brown liquor. :sick:

I would say ALL liquor, but I do enjoy an occasional margarita on the rocks with salt, or 1-2 bloody Mary’s at brunch (you can only have so many). I had an unfortunate incident with Napoleon Brandy as a high schooler, then there was The Great Wild Turkey Incident on my 19th birthday during college. No thank you!  

tumblr_m5v8pl3CqI1r4tlx4o1_r1_250.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I fed my Nelson milk snake a mouse at noon today... snakes are varied and some are mellow like this one breed. What shocked me the most is that the price of a mouse went up to $5.41 with tax at Petsmart... was like 3 bucks a month ago. I wish the flea market was still open... the chick up there charged just under 2. Whatever, Pandora gets her meal as always lol.

7 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Yes, I found that the only boss and employees I can deal with is myself... Takes away so much stress.

While I've had many good bosses over the years, I don't know if I could ever work for someone else again. I suppose I could if I HAD to.

But the real thing I won't work with again are screaming bosses. People who think it is OK to belittle others, even in front of others. I worked in TV for about 20 years and saw plenty of that kind of abuse. For the most part I wasn't the target of that abuse, but other people I worked with (and some who reported to me) got regularly targeted. I'd end up screaming back at the boss for screaming at the employees. I don't want to be that guy, either. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

Other than the morons... the rest are easy to work with imo. Herbicides are what they are and they work well with little to no effect on health if used properly. The roundup "lawsuit" is just a group of lawyers trying to make money. 

You wouldn't happen to be a defense attorney for Monsanto would you T&C?!?!:lol:

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I would say ALL liquor, but I do enjoy an occasional margarita on the rocks with salt, or 1-2 bloody Mary’s at brunch (you can only have so many). I had an unfortunate incident with Napoleon Brandy as a high schooler, then there was The Great Wild Turkey Incident on my 19th birthday during college. No thank you!  

Liquor bigot!

Any bourbon you have left over you can feel free to send to me.

7 minutes ago, The Dean said:

While I've had many good bosses over the years, I don't know if I could ever work for someone else again. I suppose I could if I HAD to.

But the real thing I won't work with again are screaming bosses. People who think it is OK to belittle others, even in front of others. I worked in TV for about 20 years and saw plenty of that kind of abuse. For the most part I wasn't the target of that abuse, but other people I worked with (and some who reported to me) got regularly targeted. I'd end up screaming back at the boss for screaming at the employees. I don't want to be that guy, either. 

Can't stand the ridiculous ego most people get over the pettiest jobs let alone when they are in charge of others. Anything we might have seen?!

33 minutes ago, T&C said:

I fed my Nelson milk snake a mouse at noon today... snakes are varied and some are mellow like this one breed. What shocked me the most is that the price of a mouse went up to $5.41 with tax at Petsmart... was like 3 bucks a month ago. I wish the flea market was still open... the chick up there charged just under 2. Whatever, Pandora gets her meal as always lol.

So, you bought a mouse from a chick at a flea market?  Now I’ve heard everything.  

10 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Roundup is going the way of DDT sometime in the next 25 years...

But there is at least 10 more "safe" neurotoxic formulations waiting in the wings to start the vicious cycle all over again once it is banned... We never learn:unsure:

I work around this stuff... sort of. 22% of fatty acids is what Pulverizer is made of. Basically what we are talking about is salt, in one of its thousands of forms. People buy slug killer for 10 a box when all they needed was a 33 cent box of salt. 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, you bought a mouse from a chick at a flea market?  Now I’ve heard everything.  

Best part: she didn't have crabs.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I must admit I had an incident with Wild Turkey that my wife and my best friend have come up with a name for that I am too embarrassed to share...

We were closing on our house in Florida July 5th of last year and since we were driving down we decided to have a final pre-4th of July Independence Day send off at my best friend's place.

For old times sake I brought just a little 375 ml nipper of the Turkey as we would guzzle handle bottles between just us two in a day or two tops and what kind of send off would it be if you didn't dip into old habits??? Mind you I stopped drinking except an occasional IPA or glass of wine once in a while a month beforehand. 

My wife and I brought a bottle of wine and a 4 pack of IPAs to split since my friend hates wine and IPA and his girlfriend was still working when we got there.

Now we were there for around 6 hours having a bonfire and setting off fireworks while nipping at the Turkey and smoking a couple doobies for the first couple hours.

Then since we were already feeling it we popped open the bottle of Equinox Red from Bonterra, usually their wines are great but this one was hard to drink. After we finished that we cracked open our IPAs and sat around the fire joking around waiting for my friend's girl to get home from work.

After we finished our beers I felt fine and was totally coherent, I remember hearing my friends girl pull into the gravel driveway a bit later and all of a sudden I felt queazy... I started feeling dizzy as she approached us. Just as she sits down with us and says "hi" I start projectile vomiting all over myself. I felt like I was in the exorcist because my head tilted straight back and I began vomiting backwards and choking on my own puke. I started having convulsions and actually crapped my own pants while still throwing up.

I said sorry to my friend about the scene I made and how I had to bounce, all he could do was laugh and hug me. I ended up making it into our Jeep in the driveway and fell asleep on myself for about an hour until I woke up puking again. 

Thankfully I got to see my friend the next morning without puking on him before we got ready to leave NY.

A couple things happened after that...my friends girlfriend left him less than a week later, we drove state by state tying not to vomit from the leftover scent of puke stuck in evey crack of our car with my wife *****ing at me every 5 minutes, I learned never to mix every type of alcohol in one sitting again, and finally some poor, horrified Salvation Army employee is scarred for life after pulling out my $#!+ infested shorts from a bag of clothes we donated after my wife mistakenly switched a donation clothes bag with a garbage clothes bag...God bless their poor soul:cry:

I had to make amends with the Turkey so on July 4th I bought a 25 ml nipper and it thankfully stayed where it should with no ill effects.

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I must admit I had an incident with Wild Turkey that my wife and my best friend have come up with a name for that I am too embarrassed to share...

We were closing on our house in Florida July 5th of last year and since we were driving down we decided to have a final pre-4th of July Independence Day send off at my best friend's place.

For old times sake I brought just a little 375 ml nipper of the Turkey as we would guzzle handle bottles between just us two in a day or two tops and what kind of send off would it be if you didn't dip into old habits??? Mind you I stopped drinking except an occasional IPA or glass of wine once in a while a month beforehand. 

My wife and I brought a bottle of wine and a 4 pack of IPAs to split since my friend hates wine and IPA and his girlfriend was still working when we got there.

Now we were there for around 6 hours having a bonfire and setting off fireworks while nipping at the Turkey and smoking a couple doobies for the first couple hours.

Then since we were already feeling it we popped open the bottle of Equinox Red from Bonterra, usually their wines are great but this one was hard to drink. After we finished that we cracked open our IPAs and sat around the fire joking around waiting for my friend's girl to get home from work.

After we finished our beers I felt fine and was totally coherent, I remember hearing my friends girl pull into the gravel driveway a bit later and all of a sudden I felt queazy... I started feeling dizzy as she approached us. Just as she sits down with us and says "hi" I start projectile vomiting all over myself. I felt like I was in the exorcist because my head tilted straight back and I began vomiting backwards and choking on my own puke. I started having convulsions and actually crapped my own pants while still throwing up.

I said sorry to my friend about the scene I made and how I had to bounce, all he could do was laugh and hug me. I ended up making it into our Jeep in the driveway and fell asleep on myself for about an hour until I woke up puking again. 

Thankfully I got to see my friend the next morning without puking on him before we got ready to leave NY.

A couple things happened after that...my friends girlfriend left him less than a week later, we drove state by state tying not to vomit from the leftover scent of puke stuck in evey crack of our car with my wife *****ing at me every 5 minutes, I learned never to mix every type of alcohol in one sitting again, and finally some poor, horrified Salvation Army employee is scarred for life after pulling out my $#!+ infested shorts from a bag of clothes we donated after my wife mistakenly switched a donation clothes bag with a garbage clothes bag...God bless their poor soul:cry:

I had to make amends with the Turkey so on July 4th I bought a 25 ml nipper and it thankfully stayed where it should with no ill effects.

I don’t know where to start, but I can say I would NOT have been hugging you! I would have been looking for my ten foot pole!!!  :)

EDIT: Wait! We need to know the name they assigned to this epic incident! Don’t hold out on us now, after sharing all the other details!!!  

Edited by Augie

16 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

This sounds like a total train wreck... I have seen different versions of this before but at least you didn't exchange wives. Unless you ended this post quickly to avoid that part.

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Roundup is going the way of DDT sometime in the next 25 years...

But there is at least 10 more "safe" neurotoxic formulations waiting in the wings to start the vicious cycle all over again once it is banned... We never learn:unsure:

If you like food, it’s not. Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide in the world and there is no “replacement” for it when cost, efficacy, safety, environmental persistence, etc. are all considered. It’s also extremely rare for “new” herbicides to come to market (Well, new chemistry / modes of action at least) because it’s so cost prohibitive to develop them. 

The judgements awarded in the roundup lawsuits are more to do with the Monsanto name and typical ambulance chasing lawyers than sound scientific research. 

Generally speaking, herbicides are pretty safe for use by humans (If using proper PPE and following product label instructions) because they work on plant specific pathways. Certainly nowhere near “neurotoxic”. Insecticides on the other hand can be quite dangerous to humans. I work in industrial vegetation control so I’m pretty well versed in herbicides. They definitely get a bad reputation for no reason other than herbicides = poison in people’s minds. 

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know where to start, but I can say I would NOT have been hugging you! I would have been looking for my ten foot pole!!!  :)

EDIT: Wait! We need to know the name they assigned to this epic incident! Don’t hold out on us now, after sharing all the other details!!!  

He already had puke on him from trying to help me out, possibly some poo... Now that's a good friend!!

They dubbed it the Independence Day Wild Turkey Rumpus Blowout $#!+storm hosted by Rumple$#!+stain or $#!+storm for short.

Would love to hear further torment the Turkey has imparted in your life.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

This sounds like a total train wreck... I have seen different versions of this before but at least you didn't exchange wives. Unless you ended this post quickly to avoid that part.

It was really amazing how I went from completely fine to alcohol poisoning in a 10 minute window...

I appalled my friends gf so badly she went from almost marrying him to leaving him...apparently I made her question her life choices if that counts for something:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

If you like food, it’s not. Glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide in the world and there is no “replacement” for it when cost, efficacy, safety, environmental persistence, etc. are all considered. It’s also extremely rare for “new” herbicides to come to market (Well, new chemistry / modes of action at least) because it’s so cost prohibitive to develop them. 

The judgements awarded in the roundup lawsuits are more to do with the Monsanto name and typical ambulance chasing lawyers than sound scientific research. 

Generally speaking, herbicides are pretty safe for use by humans (If using proper PPE and following product label instructions) because they work on plant specific pathways. Certainly nowhere near “neurotoxic”. Insecticides on the other hand can be quite dangerous to humans. I work in industrial vegetation control so I’m pretty well versed in herbicides. They definitely get a bad reputation for no reason other than herbicides = poison in people’s minds. 

I wont touch food sprayed with chemicals... I feel the effects to my adrenal glands if I eat something that has been sprayed with Glyphosate. That tells me everything I need to know about it right there.

Tell the bees how safe these chemicals are while they suffer from colony collapse linked to them. Not to mention other beneficial pollinators such as beetles, moths and butterflies. Nobody will be enjoying food if there is no pollination. You can't hand pollinate everything to sufficiently feed the world.