Bills sign CB Akeem King and DT Niles Scott

Sounds like we may be out of the woods on opt-outs?  Knock on wood.  Apparently all players have reported and, clearly, it seems like Star and Gaines gave Beane/McDermott a heads up given the quickness of these two roster moves with King brought in before the Gaines news broke. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

reaction to EJ Gaines opt out ?

I thought Gaines faced a big challenge to make the roster, principally from Norman.

But Gaines never disappointed in the past, and he could have been valuable this season.  There was probably no one farther down the depth chart with a real shot at being a contributor.  Sorry to see him go.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like we may be out of the woods on opt-outs?  Knock on wood.  Apparently all players have reported and, clearly, it seems like Star and Gaines gave Beane/McDermott a heads up given the quickness of these two roster moves with King brought in before the Gaines news broke. 

They had already lost two other DB's before Gaines, so not sure which triggered the "start to look"

I had no clue what the team had to go through to sign these guys until Brandon’s presser yesterday. This is gonna suck in the season when we have an injury and have to sign a player off the street. He won’t make a practice in the 1st week. 

Bad vibes, man..

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

SC, I think you’re right as why come and report to just opt out.  I remember someone reported Star was in contact with the team before the opt out option was official.  I’m glad I’ve heard nothing on this board about being disappointed in him or whatever.  I would have done the same thing if I had a previous heart condition.  He’s the exact guy that should opt out.

While I don’t want to know particulars as to privacy, you can speculate if someone tests positive and then we sign someone else for that position that it is serious.  I say this as I read about a signage of say a RB after Moss for example tests positive tells me to pray for Moss and his family.  I could be wrong, but we have depth at most positions and signing someone else you would think means the team expects the player to be out awhile.

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I had no clue what the team had to go through to sign these guys until Brandon’s presser yesterday. This is gonna suck in the season when we have an injury and have to sign a player off the street. He won’t make a practice in the 1st week. 

Bad vibes, man..

The Practice Squad is going to be very important this year.  It will be interesting to see the positional mix when it's put together.