Beane and McDermott media sessions 8/2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Agree on roster expansion.

This years good teams will be determined to a large part on chance but also on two other things:
   A full organizational ability to buy into the need to isolate and be selfless. I think each and everyone of us are already mentally and emotional fried with this year. I couldn’t imagine having to re- up my dedication at this moment for a possible 7 month slog where my health was as important to the organization as everyone else’s. A trainer Or equipment guy or custodian with Covid Is every bit as valuable as a player. Anyone can screw a team up this year. That is a wrinkle that can’t be understated.

Also, a GM and front office that works hand in hand with their coaching staff is a HUGE advantage this year. The five day waiting period and weekly practice squad exemption/ evaluation in concert with the 48 hour poaching period is three dimensional chess. The one question I didn’t hear was in regards to the Tuesday cut off. Is there and difference for those playing Monday or Thursday night games. IMO they should at least kill the Thursday night games for the season but I don’t think they will due to TV contracts+revenue.

Right seeing this stuff from Beane and McDermott it seems like the player at least up to the vets so far are really bought in. But all it takes is one errant trainer or other staff member to throw a wrench in it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right seeing this stuff from Beane and McDermott it seems like the player at least up to the vets so far are really bought in. But all it takes is one errant trainer or other staff member to throw a wrench in it.

Or a player getting antsy and needing to go out. I worry about Ed Oliver for some reason. He seems to beat to his own drummer.

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone ask what their favorite cereal is? McDermott seems like a Cheerio's kind of guy - healthy, straight forward, and always reliable. I see Beane in the same light but probably likes a little flare. I'm guessing he goes goes for honey nut. 

Either way, Brian Daboll SCREAMS Lucky Charms, ya dig? 

Just now, The Jerk said:

Did anyone ask what their favorite cereal is? McDermott seems like a Cheerio's kind of guy - healthy, straight forward, and always reliable. I see Beane in the same light but probably likes a little flare. I'm guessing he goes goes for honey nut. 

Either way, Brian Daboll SCREAMS Lucky Charms, ya dig? 

McDermott — Wheaties

beane - granola with flax 

Daboll - Coco Crisp with chocolate milk 

• Haha (+1) 2

I am surprised no one asked when we might see a first day of players in any form of pads. Has any one heard ?

Since this is not your typical CAMP have they even released a press briefing schedule for the next few weeks?  I am interested in when we will see some actual football content.

It’s weird because without having the public practices we have no content to discuss other than what they are willing to let the media see. I hope they have a few basic blue white scrimmages that are also aired. 

Back up or mask up, you listening America?  Its good to see adults in the room, we have a very good organization at OBD, and I believe we are all proud of their efforts to get this right. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

I am surprised no one asked when we might see a first day of players in any form of pads. Has any one heard ?

Since this is not your typical CAMP have they even released a press briefing schedule for the next few weeks?  I am interested in when we will see some actual football content.

It’s weird because without having the public practices we have no content to discuss other than what they are willing to let the media see. I hope they have a few basic blue white scrimmages that are also aired. 

The schedule is in the Training Camp thread 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 8/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, scribo said:

Found it interesting (per Beane) that he has to have the roster UNDER 80 to be able to bring just one person in for a workout. Will certainly hamper readiness to replace injured and under-performing players.

NFL rules state a team cannot bring a player into their facility for a workout unless they have an open roster spot AND that player has tested negative before coming in.

This does not mean the team could not bring a player in town and do a workout in a school or other facility.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

Also, a GM and front office that works hand in hand with their coaching staff is a HUGE advantage this year. The five day waiting period and weekly practice squad exemption/ evaluation in concert with the 48 hour poaching period is three dimensional chess. The one question I didn’t hear was in regards to the Tuesday cut off. Is there and difference for those playing Monday or Thursday night games. IMO they should at least kill the Thursday night games for the season but I don’t think they will due to TV contracts+revenue.

ESPN has been asking for changes and for this year the NFL could agree to move games to Saturday nights.

• Like (+1) 1