NFL divisional bubbles - 2020 season hypothesis

The NBA has shown us the blueprint what to do, and the MLB is showing us what NOT to do.

My guess for the NFL season is they will do divisional bubbles. 8 cities. 8 winners. Then a conference bubble with 4 teams in each, and finally the Super Bowl bubble.

I would assume in the divisional round each team plays each other twice, then single elimination as usual.

As far as location, I found an article stating where each one should be held:

https://clutchpoints.com/if-the-nfl-bubble-for-each-division-which-8-cities-would-make-most-sense/

SHOULD IT GO THIS WAY:

AFC EAST: Buffalo Bills - the Pats have enough players who opted out to give us the edge and a minimum split of 1/1

AFC WEST: KC Chiefs

AFC NORTH: Baltimore Ravens

AFC SOUTH: Indianapolis Colts - veteran presence of Rivers gives them the wild card factor of stealing a division

NFC EAST: Dallas Cowboys

NFC WEST: Seattle Seahawks

NFC NORTH: Minnesotta Vikings

NFC SOUTH: Atlanta Falcons

AFC:

Bills over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Bills over Ravens

NFC:

Cowboys over Falcons

Seahawks over Vikings

Cowboys over Seahawks

SUPER BOWL "DALLAS IS GOING DOWN GARY" - in true pandemic fashion to top off a crazy year, the Bills and Cowboys face off in what is sure to be weeks long of jokes regarding how teams that were so heavily made fun of over the years make a super bowl during a pandemic. Good news for us? Josh Allen comes to play vs Dallas.

Bills over Cowboys

As Bills fans we get our super bowl win however everyone we know who is not a fan says it's a *** year because of the pandemic and format. Josh Allen's erratic playing style ends up being the recipe to grind wins through this odd season.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

The NBA has shown us the blueprint what to do, and the MLB is showing us what NOT to do.

My guess for the NFL season is they will do divisional bubbles. 8 cities. 8 winners. Then a conference bubble with 4 teams in each, and finally the Super Bowl bubble.

I would assume in the divisional round each team plays each other twice, then single elimination as usual.

https://clutchpoints.com/if-the-nfl-bubble-for-each-division-which-8-cities-would-make-most-sense/

SHOULD IT GO THIS WAY:

AFC EAST: Buffalo Bills - the Pats have enough players who opted out to give us the edge and a minimum split of 1/1

AFC SOUTH: Indianapolis Colts - veteran presence of Rivers gives them the wild card factor of stealing a division

AFC:

Bills over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Bills over Ravens

NFC:

Cowboys over Falcons

Seahawks over Vikings

Cowboys over Seahawks

SUPER BOWL "DALLAS IS GOING DOWN GARY" - in true pandemic fashion to top off a crazy year, the Bills and Cowboys face off in what is sure to be weeks long of jokes regarding how teams that were so heavily made fun of over the years make a super bowl during a pandemic. Good news for us? Josh Allen comes to play vs Dallas.

Bills over Cowboys

As Bills fans we get our super bowl win however everyone we know who is not a fan says it's a *** year because of the pandemic and format. Josh Allen's erratic playing style ends up being the recipe to grind wins through this odd season.

GO BILLS!

But then, no parade because of social distancing 

nice thought. i too have also been toying with bubble formats and came up with 4 two-division bubbles. That will give a 14 game season - and have three qualifiers from each bubble giving a 12 team postseason. There will be about 450 players in each bubble - closer to nba bubble size

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

SHOULD IT GO THIS WAY:

AFC:

Bills over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Bills over Ravens

NFC:

Cowboys over Falcons

Seahawks over Vikings

Cowboys over Seahawks

Bills over Cowboys

GO BILLS!

I love the creative thinking and love even more how Buffalo would be designated as one of the host cities. Totally agree that the NBA is the league to be emulated too.

3 hours ago, ColeB said:

But then, no parade because of social distancing 

But all I've heard since June was that when people are gathering outdoors it's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, rayray808 said:

SHOULD IT GO THIS WAY:

AFC:

Bills over Colts

Ravens over Chiefs

Bills over Ravens

NFC:

Cowboys over Falcons

Seahawks over Vikings

Cowboys over Seahawks

Bills over Cowboys

GO BILLS!

The concept of NFL bubbles makes sense from a isolation aspect, BUT the ability to have equal world class facilities for that many athletes in a small area is not good. That is an Olympic size undertaking and can’t just be thrown together due to the size of teams, the requirements for weights , training, and field requirements and privacy.,(remember every Team in your bubble wants your detailed playbook) 

It won’t happen unless it is for a limited end of season playoff need only, IMO. 

I would require the NFL to guard my facilities if Belicheat we’re in my bubble! 

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

The concept of NFL bubbles makes sense from a isolation aspect, BUT the ability to have equal world class facilities for that many athletes in a small area is not good. That is an Olympic size undertaking and can’t just be thrown together due to the size of teams, the requirements for weights , training, and field requirements and privacy.,(remember every Team in your bubble wants your detailed playbook) 

It won’t happen unless it is for a limited end of season playoff need only, IMO. 

I would require the NFL to guard my facilities if Belicheat we’re in my bubble! 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

NFLPA has already said no to bubbles.

each bubble under the two division bubble plan will be only a bit larger than the nba bubble. so logistics can be managed. it wii be difficult but not impossible (olympics comparison off by an order of magnitude). i do agree with being wary of Belicheat in a bubble lol

and NFLPA will change its mind if the alternative means players stop getting paychecks.

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

and NFLPA will change its mind if the alternative means players stop getting paychecks.

Or just negotiate via court which is what they usually do when they cannot win at negotiating table. 

I think any bubble plan would need to be agreed to by NFLPA and attempting to impose it would be bad tactic by NFL.  They would also need to negotiate with referees union, coaches union, etc.