CJ Mosley opts out

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why is your opinion more valid than theirs?

Not sure what you mean. They expressed their opinion and I expressed mine.

And you seemed to have agreed with half of my post (that opt outs by good players are bad overall), so not sure what was your point.

41 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so, just who gets to be the arbitrary judge here? it's okay if it's Brady or Edelman but Moseley is out of bounds?

Not sure what you mean either :) I didn't want to be judge in this. I just think that it is bad to wish injury to anyone, and in similar way it is bad to be happy when players opt out due to COVID. And I used Brady as an extreme example where I can have some understanding when people wish other players something bad.

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fly away, insect. Take your holier than thou bs with you.

Interesting take from a mod ? Looking back I could've been more civil too (avoid using "genius" and "stupid"), but still. Insect, really?

I just find it weird that some people are happy about this, not realizing that it probably hurts us all. Today its Jets, tomorrow it can be us. How can people have fun from this is beyond me. If thats holier than thou for you then you have pretty low bar.

Anyway, I fly away from this topic. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

J.E.T.S. Just End The Season.

The Jets are so awful that cosmic powers created a global pandemic because that is less painful than having to watch the Jets

But why would Cosmic Powers deprive the other 31/32 fans of deep and satisfying joy?

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't get these kind of responses.

First of all it's unsportsmanlike - I don't get how you can be happy about this. It is the same thing as being happy that someone has season ending injury. I can get with it if it is Brady or Edelman for some of you, but C.J.Mosley?

And sorry but it is also really stupid. Don't you get that every single opt out by good player just makes the season worse, and also increases the chance that there is no season at all? If it is Mosley today, it can be White or Morse or Brown tomorrow. I don't think it needs a genius to realize that this is bad for us as Bills fans.

Some of you really deserve season to be cancelled.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bch3dy6evlh7wm81tm5

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think them playing puts anyone but them at risk. They will be closely monitored unlike us regular people, many of which are deemed essential and been working through the whole thing. 

Only thing that stops it is a major outbreak within the league.

I work in an ER taking direct care of COVID patients. We have had a handful of deaths in our community from COVID since February. Our medical region encompasses about 200,000 people. The youngest person to die from COVID19 here was 71 years old.

NFL players are young and healthy individuals and statistically have a greater chance of dying from the regular seasonal flu or pneumonia than dying from a COVID19 infection.  When was the last time you heard of a professional athlete dying from influenza or pneumonia? I know this pandemic has somehow, inexplicably, become a political football, but the bottom line is that if you are a young and healthy individual the risk of getting seriously ill and dying from this virus is practically nil. The players are at greater risk of dying in a car accident on the way to the stadium than catching COVID19 at the stadium and dying from it. That's just the science, not a political commentary.  If you are an older person, or a person with co-morbidities who works around the League, those individuals need to decide what level of risk they are willing to accept just like all of the other people who lace them up and go to work everyday in factories and stores and offices across the country.

If anyone wants to talk about the medicine side of the equation I'd be happy to have that conversation, you can message me.  If anyone wants to talk about the crazy politics surrounding this pandemic, I'll respectfully pass.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I work in an ER taking direct care of COVID patients. We have had a handful of deaths in our community from COVID since February. Our medical region encompasses about 200,000 people. The youngest person to die from COVID19 here was 71 years old.

NFL players are young and healthy individuals and statistically have a greater chance of dying from the regular seasonal flu or pneumonia than dying from a COVID19 infection.  When was the last time you heard of a professional athlete dying from influenza or pneumonia? I know this pandemic has somehow, inexplicably, become a political football, but the bottom line is that if you are a young and healthy individual the risk of getting seriously ill and dying from this virus is practically nil. The players are at greater risk of dying in a car accident on the way to the stadium than catching COVID19 at the stadium and dying from it. That's just the science, not a political commentary.  If you are an older person, or a person with co-morbidities who works around the League, those individuals need to decide what level of risk they are willing to accept just like all of the other people who lace them up and go to work everyday in factories and stores and offices across the country.

If anyone wants to talk about the medicine side of the equation I'd be happy to have that conversation, you can message me.  If anyone wants to talk about the crazy politics surrounding this pandemic, I'll respectfully pass.

It's not really about protecting yourself it's about protecting other people as well. The fact you can carry COVID-19 without symptoms is the biggest problem. Young healthy people are the ones to worry about when it comes to spreading the virus. People need to focus on stopping the spread.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm curious if anyone tracks the health of survivors. How many have heart issues, clotting, long term breathing impairment?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm curious if anyone tracks the health of survivors. How many have heart issues, clotting, long term breathing impairment?

There's been many studies that say COVID-19 weakens the heart. People that don't believe COVID-19 is a threat likely won't believe these studies either.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fantastic! He nearly won the Opener last year by himself. If he didn’t get injured, I doubt we win. 

I know this sounds bad of me, but I don’t care! I’ll take EVERY advantage provided to us. I want to win a Super Bowl, Dammit!

If there is a super bowl this year it will have more ********************** in it than all the Patriots SB’s combined. I’m more concerned with player safety all at all cost. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bch3dy6evlh7wm81tm5

Ahh, it’s Karen,  the angry put upon white person. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not really about protecting yourself it's about protecting other people as well. The fact you can carry COVID-19 without symptoms is the biggest problem. Young healthy people are the ones to worry about when it comes to spreading the virus.

If you are an older person or someone with commodities it is smart to try and limit your exposure to others until there is herd immunity or a viable vaccine for COVID19.  If they choose to self-quarantine that is probably a good idea.  Asking the rest of society to go bankrupt or stop living their lives to lessen their personal risk is a bit of an ask. 

To put it another way, If I contracted cancer and started chemo and had no immune system to fight off infections, I would stay inside and limit my exposure to others to protect myself.  It would never cross my mind to ask everyone else to drastically change their lives to accommodate my condition. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There's been many studies that say COVID-19 weakens the heart. People that don't believe COVID-19 is a threat likely won't believe these studies either.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29579222/boston-red-sox-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez-done-season-due-heart-issue

Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez will miss the rest of the season as he recovers from a heart issue, the team announced Saturday.

Rodriguez has been diagnosed with myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart that the team believes is a result of the left-hander's recent bout with the coronavirus. He tested positive for COVID-19 before the start of summer camp. While he was cleared and returned to workouts on July 18, he was shut down a week later after an MRI revealed his ailment.

Sorry going off topic but responding can go to heart. Worry for NFL players as well.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29579222/boston-red-sox-pitcher-eduardo-rodriguez-done-season-due-heart-issue

Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez will miss the rest of the season as he recovers from a heart issue, the team announced Saturday.

Rodriguez has been diagnosed with myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart that the team believes is a result of the left-hander's recent bout with the coronavirus. He tested positive for COVID-19 before the start of summer camp. While he was cleared and returned to workouts on July 18, he was shut down a week later after an MRI revealed his ailment.

Sorry going off topic but responding can go to heart. Worry for NFL players as well.

A study I read showed nearly 80% of COVID-19 survivors had heart issues. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There have not been "many studies" that demonstrate that COVID19 causes lasting cardiac issues or any other long term consequences.  The virus hasn't even been around for a year yet.  How can there be any solid studies that look at the long term health consequences of this virus when it hasn't even been a year since the very first person on the planet contracted it?  

Any severe respiratory infection, COVID or otherwise, can damage the lungs permanently, especially if you end up on a vent.  COVID is not unique in that respect at all. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Prioritizing money over human life is a big part of the reason over 25,000 American died from Covid-19 in July, alone.

A record number of Americans are on unemployment, either furloughed or laid off due to the virus.  I'm sorry, but millionaire players and billionaire owners don't get an ounce of sympathy from me.  Give me a ***** break.

I have been punching the clock for a lot less. And whether or not I go to work the same 25000 would have died. They wont change that. You wont change that. I wont change that.