CJ Mosley opts out

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fantastic! He nearly won the Opener last year by himself. If he didn’t get injured, I doubt we win. 

Had he not got hurt in that game, there's no way we would have won. He was as big of a menace as JJ Watt was in the game he made EJ cry all day long.

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

And forfeit billions, while other leagues are giving it a go?  Seriously?

The NFL might be different  but most business deals are executed with borrowed and/or investor money.  There are terms can't be met when revenues are lost.  I'm certainly not saying the NFL should prioritize business over health but I'm sure team owners are facing a lot of pressure to make the season happen.  If there's any hope they can have a season despite COVID 19, they'll chase that hope - and not just out of greed.  

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't get these kind of responses.

First of all it's unsportsmanlike - I don't get how you can be happy about this. It is the same thing as being happy that someone has season ending injury. I can get with it if it is Brady or Edelman for some of you, but C.J.Mosley?

And sorry but it is also really stupid. Don't you get that every single opt out by good player just makes the season worse, and also increases the chance that there is no season at all? If it is Mosley today, it can be White or Morse or Brown tomorrow. I don't think it needs a genius to realize that this is bad for us as Bills fans.

Some of you really deserve season to be cancelled.

Why is your opinion more valid than theirs?

• Like (+1) 1

I like to see the Jets suffer, but I also don't want too many good players opting out of the season. Each starter that opts out brings the season closer to being cancelled, I feel. And it also just makes the league less competitive and less interesting.

But yeah, I'll take every opportunity to laugh at the Jets.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

First of all it's unsportsmanlike - I don't get how you can be happy about this. It is the same thing as being happy that someone has season ending injury. I can get with it if it is Brady or Edelman for some of you, but C.J.Mosley?

And sorry but it is also really stupid. Don't you get that every single opt out by good player just makes the season worse, and also increases the chance that there is no season at all? If it is Mosley today, it can be White or Morse or Brown tomorrow. I don't think it needs a genius to realize that this is bad for us as Bills fans.

so, just who gets to be the arbitrary judge here? it's okay if it's Brady or Edelman but Moseley is out of bounds?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Prioritizing money over human life is a big part of the reason over 25,000 American died from Covid-19 in July, alone.

A record number of Americans are on unemployment, either furloughed or laid off due to the virus.  I'm sorry, but millionaire players and billionaire owners don't get an ounce of sympathy from me.  Give me a ***** break.

No one's asking for your sympathy.  Again every other sport is playing and they're taking precautions the best way they know how with the evidence they have at the time.  If players feel unsafe, they can opt-out.  But the season will happen.  How long it lasts is anyone's guess.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think the NFL needs to scrap the season and focus on adjusting to make the next draft sensical and fair, and get ahead of what the 2021 season will look like.

Man, I hate to agree with this. If the NFL doesn't bubble (and it may be too late?), it's hard to see how this season isn't going to get derailed. 

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Prioritizing money over human life is a big part of the reason over 25,000 American died from Covid-19 in July, alone.

A record number of Americans are on unemployment, either furloughed or laid off due to the virus.  I'm sorry, but millionaire players and billionaire owners don't get an ounce of sympathy from me.  Give me a ***** break.

Oh, I thought they died because they were primarily old and caught a disease.

Agreed Doc.  It’s not if they start as I believe they will, it’s whether they finish.  Worse than no season is having a season like going 10-1, and then it cancels so we again don’t get a shot at another SB.  In the immortal great philosopher, Homer Simpson, “dohh!”

Cursed I say, Cursed.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Does your mindset have anything to do with that god awful Mets loss last night? (Not busting balls I’m a Mets fan myself)

Hahahaha, I thought the exact same thing!

The Braves are to the Mets what the Pats have been to the Bills the last 20 years. That game last night brought me back to baseball. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Fly away, insect. Take your holier than thou bs with you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Does your mindset have anything to do with that god awful Mets loss last night? (Not busting balls I’m a Mets fan myself)

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

LMAO.  If you score ten runs and lose a game ... you suck.  That was brutal.  But I can't see the MLB season going for more than 3-4 more weeks, tops.

Welp, this explains a lot...:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gonna be tough to win when there are zero players on the field for either side ;)

I'm cautiously optimistic.  

To get to the nfl you gotta be a mentally tough s.o.b and love the game. 

I think these guys are going to follow protocol and not go out on days off and limit exposure to other ppl.

Think about the amount of players , coming off the streets,  who tested positive.  It hasn't been too many. I'd say what , 2%? Now they'll be in a somewhat controlled environment,  constant testing and if there is an outbreak,  can nip it in the butt immediately.  It will be a challenge but I'm still optimistic 

34 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Had he not got hurt in that game, there's no way we would have won. He was as big of a menace as JJ Watt was in the game he made EJ cry all day long.

Thats laughable that you think if he didnt didnt get hurt the BILLS would not have won.