Predict Diggs' 2020 stats

GreggTX

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's not the part I was referring to.

Oh, you mean the "we" part. ?

Look Doc, we all in some form live somewhat vicariously through our favorite teams, athletes and whatever figures we choose to admire. Try not to be so literal ? 

I was also really pissed when "we" signed Star for 10 mil a year even though I was fully aware it wasn't my money. 

17 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Oh, you mean the "we" part. ?

Look Doc, we all in some form live somewhat vicariously through our favorite teams, athletes and whatever figures we choose to admire. Try not to be so literal ? 

I was also really pissed when "we" signed Star for 10 mil a year even though I was fully aware it wasn't my money. 

Nope, not that part either.  I was talking about the "slot receiver" part.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope, not that part either.  I was talking about the "slot receiver" part.

Oh.... My bad.?

I know Diggs isn't a slot guy. I just went there because by the OPs prediction we'd have a #1 WR whose posting identical numbers  to our current slot WR. 

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Oh.... My bad.?

I know Diggs isn't a slot guy. I just went there because by the OPs prediction we'd have a #1 WR whose posting identical numbers  to our current slot WR. 

My bad.  I missed the sarcasm. 

On 8/1/2020 at 1:15 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yes. That is what that means. Are you guys serious with this? That is nothing for a #1 receiver. 

Over those same two years, Michael Thomas got 332, Julio Jones got 327, Deandre Hopkins got 313. 

Anything less than 150 targets/year for a #1 WR qualifies as not getting enough targets. 

So not enough targets is the same as no targets? He got targeted less than other #1 receivers because the Vikings have two #1 receiver talents. I am a huge Diggs fan but trying to make out he wasn't targeted by Cousins is a bizarre take, yes. He wasn't targeted as much as some of the other top guys, sure. But he had plenty of targets how else would he have put up the yards he did?

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So not enough targets is the same as no targets? He got targeted less than other #1 receivers because the Vikings have two #1 receiver talents. I am a huge Diggs fan but trying to make out he wasn't targeted by Cousins is a bizarre take, yes. He wasn't targeted as much as some of the other top guys, sure. But he had plenty of targets how else would he have put up the yards he did?

Targets was like the whole reason Diggs got so upset with the Vikings. It is the literal reason he is now on the Bills. Last year he got about 100. I am super surprised that saying he didnt get enough targets is somehow an objectionable take. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Targets was like the whole reason Diggs got so upset with the Vikings. It is the literal reason he is now on the Bills. Last year he got about 100. I am super surprised that saying he didnt get enough targets is somehow an objectionable take. 

Because that isn't what you said. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

“Wasn’t targeted as much as some of the other top guys” is an extreme understatement. Like I said in another post. He was the only wr in the top 20 for yds that had less than 100 targets(94), and the next closest was 113. 

he put up those yds because he had the ability to maximize his low target number and he had a real accurate qb that helped make them count as well. 

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

“Wasn’t targeted as much as some of the other top guys” is an extreme understatement. Like I said in another post. He was the only wr in the top 20 for yds that had less than 100 targets(94), and the next closest was 113. 

he put up those yds because he had the ability to maximize his low target number and he had a real accurate qb that helped make them count as well. 

That still doesn't equate to getting no targets. 94 targets is still a lot of targets and as @Mr. WEO said he has had more in previous years. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That still doesn't equate to getting no targets. 94 targets is still a lot of targets and as @Mr. WEO said he has had more in previous years. 

It was 45th in the whole entire league. Let’s add some context. A healthy top ten talent ranked 45th in targets. No. It’s not a lot. It’s just not. factor in who we are talking about and it’s ridiculously low. I’ll concede the other years. 

but ya. If we need to get into being overly literal about what somebody said then sure he had more than “no targets at all” 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It was 45th in the whole entire league. Let’s add some context. A healthy top ten talent ranked 45th in targets. No. It’s not a lot. It’s just not. factor in who we are talking about and it’s ridiculously low. I’ll concede the other years. 

but ya. If we need to get into being overly literal about what somebody said then sure he had more than “no targets at all” 

I don't accept it is ridiculously low. It is low. It isn't even close to no targets. I also think you have to consider it as a share of the Vikings pass attempts if you are looking at proper context. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So your gripe is my hyperbole? Ill run my posts by you before I submit them from now on to make sure you approve of the tone and level of exaggeration.

How is one supposed to know how far you mean the exaggeration? There is a million miles between no targets and the truth.