Predict Diggs' 2020 stats

GreggTX

40 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So your point is that he simultaneously was not in fact the #1 receiver, but also got more than enough targets. What a stretch. Dude, you’re so contrarian. Do you even know why you do it? 

I was correcting the errors in your posts:

It is false that he got "hardly any" targets from Cousins (others have corrected you on that as well--yet you keep digging deeper and deeper...).

It is false that he was the #1 WR (unless you mean after their #1WR was injured).

See?  It's hardly "contrarian" to point out obvious BS.  

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So now 243 targets in 2 years defines "didn't get any targets"?

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that was a bizarre take. 

From the list I’m looking at on ESPN he’s the only wr in the top 20 for yds that saw less than 100 targets. He had 94. The next closest is 113. 

Last year he wasn’t targeted nearly as much as other high profile wr’s. That’s a fact. It’s not a bizarre take IMO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

From the list I’m looking at on ESPN he’s the only wr in the top 20 for yds that saw less than 100 targets. He had 94. The next closest is 113. 

He’s not been targeted nearly as much as other high profile wr’s. It’s not a bizarre take IMO. 

He's been in the league for more than a season...scroll up to your post above to see the 2 year total.  For the past 3 seasons, he has had 338 targets. In '17 and '18 he was not the primary target (Theilen was by numbers). So that's 244 targets for a #2 WR those 2 seasons.  "Didn't get any"---is ridiculous, and bizarre.

Well since 2015 his low end was in 2018 at 10 yds./r, and high end was 17.9 yds/r in 2019. Basically the middle ground was around 13 and change.  I am forecasting like I used to do with my sales reps as I was always pushed by my AVP for monthly forecasts and was educated I needed to be within 2%.  The best way for me to do that was looking at run rates, not listening as much to the pie in the sky individual forecasts as some are constantly pessimistic or the opposite are hopelessly optimistic.

With that said, I’m guessing 81 receptions for 13.5 yds./r, and 1100 yards.  I know being a true #1 a number of people are guessing a lot more, but I’m considering Brown and Beasley will also have good seasons, and we’ll run the ball even more between Singletary, Moss and Allen.  They won’t walk away from Allen in some impromptu and designed runs as it makes our offense scary.  I do think we will have a very balanced attack which will make us dangerous.

The problem already discussed is facing the Chiefs, Broncos, Titans, 49ers, Hawks, and even the probably improved Cardinals.  If we were playing last year’s schedule, I’d say the stats would be even higher.  As long as we have a full season and hopeful of that point, we will have a battle hardened team, and will go into the playoffs with a home game, and ready to play the toughest teams in the AFC.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was correcting the errors in your posts:

It is false that he got "hardly any" targets from Cousins (others have corrected you on that as well--yet you keep digging deeper and deeper...).

It is false that he was the #1 WR (unless you mean after their #1WR was injured).

See?  It's hardly "contrarian" to point out obvious BS.  

Its an inherent contradiction. It you agree that he is here to be a #1, but that before he was a #2, then by definition he was not getting a sufficient number of targets. Easy and obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its an inherent contradiction. It you agree that he is here to be a #1, but that before he was a #2, then by definition he was not getting a sufficient number of targets. Easy and obvious. 

He is in Buffalo to be #1.  He will get a lot of targets. 

He got a lot of targets as a #2 in Minnesota from Cousins.  Not "hardly any", as you bizarrely claimed.

There is no contradiction.  Your claim was flatly wrong--by a mile. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He is in Buffalo to be #1.  He will get a lot of targets. 

He got a lot of targets as a #2 in Minnesota from Cousins.  Not "hardly any", as you bizarrely claimed.

There is no contradiction.  Your claim was flatly wrong--by a mile. 

Sure, man. Im glad you are happy with the idea of giving Diggs 100 targets. I, and I would wager most, think that is obviously ridiculous. But you stay edgy, man. 

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So your point is that he simultaneously was not in fact the #1 receiver, but also got more than enough targets. What a stretch. Dude, you’re so contrarian. Do you even know why you do it? 

Actually Diggs was their #1 receiver. You would know that if you watch the games 

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sure, man. Im glad you are happy with the idea of giving Diggs 100 targets. I, and I would wager most, think that is obviously ridiculous. But you stay edgy, man. 

Oh I think he'll get more than 100 easily.

"Happy" with 100 targets?  Of all the responders to the OP in this thread ONLY ONE (before me of course) has predicted more than 100.  NOBODY else thinks it will be more.  Even that poster estimated 122---which would slightly above what he averaged over 3 years with Cousins giving him "hardly any" targets.

Why would you die on this molehill?

Edited by Mr. WEO

14 hours ago, TBBills said:

If he doesn't have over 1k yards it means something bad happened to either think or Allen.

I doubt he ever even thought of that.

Or it means the NFL doesn’t play a full season. I would bet that, even if a season is completed, c. 4 weeks won’t be played.