Predict Diggs' 2020 stats

GreggTX

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He is one of the top receivers in the league. Still, he was catching passes from Kirk Cousins last year and I don't see how he'll be able to match those numbers catching passes from Josh Allen. I'll go with:

55 receptions

775 Yards

5 TD

What's your guess?

LOL

John Brown last year had 76 receptions, 1000 + yards and 6 TD’s....

Brown can have good numbers but Diggs can’t?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He is one of the top receivers in the league. Still, he was catching passes from Kirk Cousins last year and I don't see how he'll be able to match those numbers catching passes from Josh Allen. I'll go with:

55 receptions

775 Yards

5 TD

What's your guess?

My guess is you're a troll.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll predict for Diggs:

1,150 Yards

8 TD's

For John Brown:

850 Yards

6 TD's

I don't think both will be 1,000 yard receivers and that Diggs eats up some targets that would have gone to Brown.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea that was a bizarre take. 

TSW is the land of bizarre takes.

Like the "John Brown had his best season with Allen".  With Allen, he was the only viable receiving option other than Beasley in the slot.  And he had only 57 yards more than 2014, when he had more yards per catch, more TD, and caught a higher % of his passes as the clear NUMBER 2 WR than he did as Allen's #1.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

TSW is the land of bizarre takes.

Like the "John Brown had his best season with Allen".  With Allen, he was the only viable receiving option other than Beasley in the slot.  And he had only 57 yards more than 2014, when he had more yards per catch, more TD, and caught a higher % of his passes as the clear NUMBER 2 WR than he did as Allen's #1.

You mean 2015 for Brown but I take the point. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So now 243 targets in 2 years defines "didn't get any targets"?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that was a bizarre take. 

Yes. That is what that means. Are you guys serious with this? That is nothing for a #1 receiver. 

Over those same two years, Michael Thomas got 332, Julio Jones got 327, Deandre Hopkins got 313. 

Anything less than 150 targets/year for a #1 WR qualifies as not getting enough targets. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yes. That is what that means. Are you guys serious with this? That is nothing for a #1 receiver. 

Over those same two years, Michael Thomas got 332, Julio Jones got 327, Deandre Hopkins got 313. 

Anything less than 150 targets/year for a #1 WR qualifies as not getting enough targets. 

Last year 5 receivers broke 150 targets. 

are you a guy that thinks backs get 25 carries a game too?

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Your #1 receiver should be getting 150 targets. In any event, 125 is wayyyyy too low for the #1 receiver. 

125 would put you essentially average WR1 (16th roughly) for receiver targets last year”

((disclaimer I looked it up like 10 mins ago and don’t recall if it was exactly 125 but was +/- less than a handful from there))

I’ll buy giving him a few more wouldnt be bad but wayyyyyy low seems dramatic 

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

125 would put you essentially average WR18977 (16th roughly) for receiver targets last year”

((disclaimer I looked it up like 10 mins ago and don’t recall if it was exactly 125 but was +/- less than a handful from there))

I’ll buy giving him a few more wouldnt be bad but wayyyyyy low seems dramatic 

Diggs is billed as this top 5 to top 10 guy. How do you feel about him getting 7 targets a game? Maybe its not wayyyyy low. But if that's all he's getting, I will definitely feel like we are back in Sammy Watkins land, wondering why we aren't giving the ball more to our best player. 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Diggs is billed as this top 5 to top 10 guy. How do you feel about him getting 7 targets a game? Maybe its not wayyyyy low. But if that's all he's getting, I will definitely feel like we are back in Sammy Watkins land, wondering why we aren't giving the ball more to our best player. 

we are talking a difference in 1.5 targets per game between 125 and 150 while having one of the better 3 deep cores at WR. That’s like 1 catch a game different?

if the offense isn’t working and we aren’t passing or have injuries and he is still on the low end, sure, annoying. If we are humming along and he is getting quality targets because we are distributing the ball well- I’m cool with not forcing the targets.

Edited by NoSaint

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

we are talking a difference in 1.5 targets per game between 125 and 150 while having one of the better 3 deep cores at WR. That’s like 1 catch a game different?

if the offense isn’t working and we aren’t passing or have injuries and he is still on the low end, sure, annoying. If we are humming along and he is getting quality targets because we are distributing the ball well- I’m cool with not forcing the targets.

I see your point, I really do.  But that 1.5 targets adds up.  However, if the offense as a whole is humming, I will also be happy as can be.  

That said, last year,  Diggs got 94 targets in 15 games.  Anyone that suggests that is enough is flat wrong. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands