DT Niles Scott visiting Bills

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Holy crap! This guy went to my alma mater, Frostburg State, which I'm sure none of you have ever heard of. To my knowledge FSU has never produced an NFL player

umh, well its a slow nite, and a slow school apparently...my apologies for poking some fun...unless you are all about value ?

Is Frostburg State a good school?
Within Maryland, Frostburg State University is Considered a Lower Quality College at a Good Price. Frostburg State University's overall average net price combined with a lower quality education, results in a good value for the money when compared to other colleges and universities in Maryland.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Holy crap! This guy went to my alma mater, Frostburg State, which I'm sure none of you have ever heard of. To my knowledge FSU has never produced an NFL player

I went to Potomac State in Keyser WV for two years.  I’m familiar with Frostburg haha.  Small world

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You're kidding, right? There are plenty of people on this board living in either Virginia or Maryland. I just assumed that most sports fans have heard of Frostburg State just like they've probably heard of University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just too much of a sports geek.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I've visited Frostburg State. Was there last fall. Two of my good friends are professors there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

You're kidding, right? There are plenty of people on this board living in either Virginia or Maryland. I just assumed that most sports fans have heard of Frostburg State just like they've probably heard of University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just too much of a sports geek.

I’m a huge sports geek. Lived in NY 24 years and Vegas 22.  Never heard of it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Please do not sign him,  loser and offers nothing.  We can do better than this clown

Can you explain a little more why you feel this way?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bob Maddox was drafted by Bengals and played for them for a year. He then played for Chiefs for 2 years.

He was on some practice squads.

I met him once at a tailgate.

defensive-end-bob-maddox-of-the-cincinna

https://frostburgsports.com/hof.aspx?hof=29&path=&kiosk=

Football … 1968, 1970-1973- First FSC athlete to play professional athletics in the big leagues.

7th round Cincinnati Bengals draftee in 1973, Bob was defensive tackle and an end for the NFL Bengal’s and Kansas City Chiefs (1973 through 1977).

Scored a touchdown for Cincinnati by blocking a punt and running it in (against KC).

A freshman offensive end at FSC, he then became a 3 time All-Maryland and 2 time All-NAIA District 18 defensive lineman.

The 6’6”, 250 pounded was named bobcats’ top defensive player in the 1970, MVP in 1971 and received little All-American mention in 1971.

Before the Bengal’s, the San Francisco 49ers drafted him illegally in the 15th round in 1972.

https://trinityecho.com/6752/general/the-power-behind-the-success-2/

“If I could go back and play again I wouldn’t,” Maddox said. “All the pains and aches I feel today are a result of the NFL.” Following his NFL career, Maddox began coaching the defensive line and special teams at the University of Miami. He accepted the same role at the University of Louisville and the University of Tennessee.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I know a few people who went to Frostburg State and a couple played ball there too.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

umh, well its a slow nite, and a slow school apparently...my apologies for poking some fun...unless you are all about value ?

Is Frostburg State a good school?
Within Maryland, Frostburg State University is Considered a Lower Quality College at a Good Price. Frostburg State University's overall average net price combined with a lower quality education, results in a good value for the money when compared to other colleges and universities in Maryland.

Oh I was a young dummy when I picked that school because it's in my backyard. Not a great school.

8 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I went to Potomac State in Keyser WV for two years.  I’m familiar with Frostburg haha.  Small world

Pot State! I worked there!

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-niles-scott-goes-to-injury-reserve-is-in-a-walking-boot/

6' 3" 280. You wouldn't expect Scott to slide in at 1-tech. Cincy was running a 3-4 last year, though, so if he played DT there he wasn't a 3-tech.

https://www.bengals.com/video/scott-it-s-a-really-exciting-feeling-to-get-out-there-with-the-pads-on

He talks like a process guy. "Better version of myself every day ... iron sharpens iron."

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Tell us how you really feel.

Why waste time signing him?  this is not what playoff minded teams do

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Can you explain a little more why you feel this way?

We're a playoff team,  we don't need to be signing street bums that no has ever heard of.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Scott was an undersized 3 tech coming out of college at 295 lbs.  Being a small college guy, he probably didn't get the coaching to become a polished player technique wise.  He has added about 25 lbs and is now seen primarily as a 1 tech (Buffalo's need at the moment).  Whether or not he has upgraded his technique depends on the coaching he got last year and his ability to learn quickly.  I wouldn't write him off because of what he was coming out of college.  It's pretty much a given that a player from Frostburg State isn't going to have a huge impact as a rookie

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why waste time signing him?  this is not what playoff minded teams do

We're a playoff team,  we don't need to be signing street bums that no has ever heard of.  

Yes we do need to sign these guys. They are camp bodies and they are cheap. You don’t bring in former all pros for the scout team