Some Interesting Josh Allen stats

23 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Yeah saw this when it was first put out.  I’ve been saying If you take the deep ball struggles out, Allen was quite effective and accurate elsewhere.  And he showed strong improvement in the deep ball over the last part of the season compared to the significant struggle with it the first 2/3rds of the season.

And with a whole offseason to work on it, I am expecting even greater improvement there. 

I firmly believe Josh is poised for a great season.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Nice.  He should improve even more this season 

imo

It was an odd 2019 for Josh Allen. In his rookie year he looked very inaccurate on those short and intermediate throws. But he was very accurate on the longer throws. Then in 2019 he finds good accuracy on the short and mid-range throws but loses accuracy on the long range throws. I hope he finds his long range game and keeps tightening up the shorter and mid-range stuff. Because even if Josh could just get to his 2018 form on long range throws and stay the same on the short and mid-range game stuff he will likely have top 10 QB production. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is about to become a superstar

I'll be the first to admit I didn't really want him on draft night. I thought he had great talent but I didn't think we had the coaching staff to develop somebody like that

I was wrong and Im glad I was

• Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'll be the first to admit I didn't really want him on draft night. I thought he had great talent but I didn't think we had the coaching staff to develop somebody like that

It was the last time i went to average joes for the draft night, and i remember driving there my wife asked who i wanted.  And i remember saying... "i think i want josh allen"

So needless to say i was probably the only happy guy at the bar that night ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I am as certain of this as just about anything in football right now.  He will be the story of the season (if they play).  If they don't play, his breakout will come in 2021.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, eball said:

I am as certain of this as just about anything in football right now.  He will be the story of the season (if they play).  If they don't play, his breakout will come in 2021.

I'm putting money on him the win MVP baby! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's winning a lot of people over and hopefully by the end of this season the narrative will be different from the national pundits. The coaching staff are doing a great job with him but it has to be say Josh's attitude and hunger to improve are a big reason why it's working. It's the reason why there's only one QB called Josh from the 2018 draft that's still relevant. 

I suspect with the additions that Beane made to the team, with the work Josh is doing, and the game slowing down a bit more for him we are gonna have one hell of a season! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I wonder if a player like Allen will be helped or hurt that there are no fans.

I don’t think he will be effected in any negative fashion, Josh Allen has his eyes on the prize, if I can borrow such a historical phrase.

Go Bills!!!

Re his accuracy on long throws:  He's changed his throwing technique.  Initially he threw his long throws on a rope.  In one of the patriots' games the DBs undercut the receivers & got some interceptions or broke up the reception.  Last year he put more air under his throws.  He needs more practice in actual games to get used to doing that.

4 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Re his accuracy on long throws:  He's changed his throwing technique.  Initially he threw his long throws on a rope.  In one of the patriots' games the DBs undercut the receivers & got some interceptions or broke up the reception.  Last year he put more air under his throws.  He needs more practice in actual games to get used to doing that.

He was night and day different on the long throws after the Pats game. It's like he was scared to throw them and ALWAYS made sure to lead the receiver too much. He needs to get his confidence back and be willing to throw it where the receiver can catch it.

The good thing is his turnovers went way down after that game too, but he needs to really work on that area and be willing to give his receivers a fighting chance for the reception, especially Diggs who is great at contested catches.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

He was night and day different on the long throws after the Pats game. It's like he was scared to throw them and ALWAYS made sure to lead the receiver too much. He needs to get his confidence back and be willing to throw it where the receiver can catch it.

The good thing is his turnovers went way down after that game too, but he needs to really work on that area and be willing to give his receivers a fighting chance for the reception, especially Diggs who is great at contested catches.

You are right  I think the coaches got into his head too much about turnovers.  Overthrows and putting the ball into the sideline tell me he was always being overly cautious downfield