ESPN finalizing MNF team of Steve Levy, Louis Riddick, and Brian Griese

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t like the 3 man crew.  It is overkill and completely unnecessary.  

Agreed. If there's one thing football doesn't need more of is pontification!

Riddick is great. He should be the next commish. The other two? We'll see...

A few comments on this:

• It isn't the best broadcast team out there, but looks to be pretty good and much better than what they've had in recent years
  • I'm not a big fan of the 3-man booth.  Too many voices.
  • Levy - I've always liked him.  He does a good job, knows his stuff, seems to really enjoy the game(s) when he's broadcasting them. He used to do a great job on NHL games for ESPN.  He's from Long Island, he went to college at SUNY Oswego, and seems to be knowledgeable about the Buffalo teams and fanbase.  There are a lot of WNYers who go to Oswego, so maybe that has something to do with it, or it simply might be that he grew up a sports fan in NY state.  Regardless of the reason, he's not one of the national media guys who you see saying inaccurate or disparaging things about Buffalo or its teams.
  • Griese - He was the starting QB when Michigan won the national championship in 1997.  His backup?  Tom Brady.  Just an interesting fact.  I though his NFL playing career was ho-hum, but he's been pretty good as a broadcaster.  He has certainly played enough football at the highest levels to have credibility and he's well-spoken.
  • Riddick - Very knowledgeable about the NFL, both on the field and behind the scenes.  Solid presence on camera, and also well-spoken.  He's a little more understated than some of the blowhards that do the NFL, which is a very good thing.
Edited by msw2112