Jon Feliciano torn pec (returning to practice 10/7)

On 8/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, TheBeaneBandit said:

I'm sure Watt juiced it to the gills and took every other illegal performance enhancer known to man to make it back that quickly as well. Just sayin.

The use of the  juice is a common practice for injury therapy, This has been going on for decades. I think it’s hysterical that there are still some who pretend that peds of all sorts is not a common practice in pretty much all pro sports. I hope JF makes his own miracle come back.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If Ford ends up starting the season at RG, and the combo of him and either Williams/Nsehke works well on the right side, I’m assuming Feliciano would become our backup G/C if/when he comes back?

With him likely being out at least a couple months, the question is how do the Bills handle this?  Since they kept 9 OL to start last season and probably would like to do the same this year, do they keep 10 and IR-R him after the first game?  And if so, who do they release, hope doesn't get picked-up and re-sign?

8 hours ago, Doc said:

With him likely being out at least a couple months, the question is how do the Bills handle this?  Since they kept 9 OL to start last season and probably would like to do the same this year, do they keep 10 and IR-R him after the first game?  And if so, who do they release, hope doesn't get picked-up and re-sign?

It's tough to manage but having too many good O-line players isn't a problem. But to me the 9th O-line player on the roster will be bumped to make room for Mongo. I see three spots behind the starters as being safe. Ty is the backup to both tackle spots and a quality starting caliber player, Winters is the backup to both guard spots, and Bates is the Swiss Army Knife who can play all five spots in a pinch. Not sure who they bring at the 9th O-line player but likely they will be cut to make room for Mongo who can play center or guard. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It's tough to manage but having too many good O-line players isn't a problem. But to me the 9th O-line player on the roster will be bumped to make room for Mongo. I see three spots behind the starters as being safe. Ty is the backup to both tackle spots and a quality starting caliber player, Winters is the backup to both guard spots, and Bates is the Swiss Army Knife who can play all five spots in a pinch. Not sure who they bring at the 9th O-line player but likely they will be cut to make room for Mongo who can play center or guard. 

After thinking about it further, I think they keep the 5 starters plus the guys you mentioned and Mongo.  Then after the first game they put Mongo on IR-return and re-sign one of the OL they released.  The odds that 3 starters get injured are minimal so going with 8 healthy OL is less of a risk, and keeping 10 OL means sacrificing a player at another position.

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

If Ford ends up starting the season at RG, and the combo of him and either Williams/Nsehke works well on the right side, I’m assuming Feliciano would become our backup G/C if/when he comes back?

I think so

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...