Jon Feliciano torn pec (returning to practice 10/7)

5 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Agreed.

I'm wondering why we never heard of this injury.  All of the reports avoid mentioning when the injury occurred.  And if he finished last season with a shoulder injury, why didnt he have surgery already.

Basically, did he wait to have surgery, just to buy himself more opt-out decision time?  And to be in IR for at least half a season to get paid at his full rate, then maybe opt-out when he is medically cleared or, better, find out the season was canceled in his absence so he gets his entire year's pay with zero Virus risk.  (there must be, or probably will be, an exception to the opt-out deadline for people on IR).

And for the issue that he's in a contract year, there have been arguments that next season with its reduced cap would not be the best time to come up for an extension anyway.  Maybe a season lost to IR will allow him to sign a 1-year prove-it deal during the small cap season, then prove it and get big money in 2022.

The injury probably just occurred during weight lifting 

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

Agreed.

I'm wondering why we never heard of this injury.  All of the reports avoid mentioning when the injury occurred.  And if he finished last season with a shoulder injury, why didnt he have surgery already.

Basically, did he wait to have surgery, just to buy himself more opt-out decision time?  And to be in IR for at least half a season to get paid at his full rate, then maybe opt-out when he is medically cleared or, better, find out the season was canceled in his absence so he gets his entire year's pay with zero Virus risk.  (there must be, or probably will be, an exception to the opt-out deadline for people on IR).

And for the issue that he's in a contract year, there have been arguments that next season with its reduced cap would not be the best time to come up for an extension anyway.  Maybe a season lost to IR will allow him to sign a 1-year prove-it deal during the small cap season, then prove it and get big money in 2022.

Feliciano had surgery right after the season.  He posted pics and stuff on Insta.

This would appear to be a new injury just suffered during a weight training session

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why are we seeing conflicting reports on the timeline he will be out for? Unlikely it's the entire season so ignore that. 

We saw JJ Watt return after a torn pec 8 weeks after the injury. 

I'd say around 10 weeks max for Felicano if we play it safe or 2nd week of October 

26 minutes ago, DJB said:

Why are we seeing conflicting reports on the timeline he will be out for? Unlikely it's the entire season so ignore that. 

We saw JJ Watt return after a torn pec 8 weeks after the injury. 

I'd say around 10 weeks max for Felicano if we play it safe or 2nd week of October 

No conflicting reports. Bills didn’t give a specific timeline. “League Sources” say 8-12 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No conflicting reports. Bills didn’t give a specific timeline. “League Sources” say 8-12 weeks. 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9681861

Bills RG Jon Feliciano is expected to miss the season with a torn pec after undergoing surgery Friday.

The 28-year-old was injured while lifting weights. Feliciano started every game at right guard for Buffalo last season, and the Bills were expected to return their entire starting offensive line. Feliciano had already been rehabbing a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder after last season's playoff loss. In his absence, the Bills will likely slide free-agent pickup Daryl Williams in at right guard, but fellow veteran Spencer Long is also an option.

SOURCE: Buffalo News
Jul 31, 2020, 11:17 AM ET
  •  

I am a big Jon F. fan.......hope he makes it back soon.....

but come on.....if we are going to get hit with an injury at least we got hit in one where we have lots of replacements.

The concern is center because of Morse concussions......but I wanted to see what Bates could do there in a backup role anyway

1 minute ago, DJB said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9681861

Bills RG Jon Feliciano is expected to miss the season with a torn pec after undergoing surgery Friday.

The 28-year-old was injured while lifting weights. Feliciano started every game at right guard for Buffalo last season, and the Bills were expected to return their entire starting offensive line. Feliciano had already been rehabbing a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder after last season's playoff loss. In his absence, the Bills will likely slide free-agent pickup Daryl Williams in at right guard, but fellow veteran Spencer Long is also an option.

SOURCE: Buffalo News
Jul 31, 2020, 11:17 AM ET
  •  

Again, not conflicting. The source for the Rotoworld article was the Buffalo News and their article says this “The recovery time for such an injury is usually three to four months. The Bills announced he's out indefinitely.”

4 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll "bet" that between the unexpected injuries, opt out, and Covid, Las Vegas is going crazy trying to set odds for this "season."

They were talking on the radio the other day and commenting that it's not worthwhile betting or playing fantasy this coming season, everything is too erratic.  That could be the next nail for Vegas, many less people are going there and betting is done too.

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

He had the surgery this morning to repair the tear.  From what I heard, it was a completely torn and 2-3 months is extremely optimistic.  This COVID is causing timelines to be fluid because the season may not start on time, but he will end up on IR and depending on when the season actually starts, he may come back in Jan/Feb.

Thanks for the info.  That’s really a shame.