Shady to Bucs

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

That's a lot of rushes for a team behind in all those games with the greatest QB of all time under center. 

It's the year he falls off a cliff (figuratively of course).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, the Bucs were 1st in the pass on offense, and 24th in rushing last year.  On the other hand the Bucs were 1st in rushing defense and 30th in pass defense.  Brady won’t make 30 picks like Winston, nor his fumbles.  I know you guys who hate Brady don’t want anything to go the Bucs way, but this is not a bad thing for Arians and the Bucs.  Shady will help the other backs play better and Brady will hold him to high amount of accountability.  Unless we play them in the SB, I can root for my current home team (you know who I’m rooting for if we make the SB).

Kirwan just said the way Brady throws to guys like James White, he just speculated Shady will catch a lot of short and intermediate balls from Brady.  He is at this point Captain checkdown a lot of the time.

For my Bills fans, just think of it this way, if Belicheck tanks to 6-10, and the Bucs go 11-5 or better, we can just laugh and say, it was more Brady vs. Belicheck.  If I had to choose one I’d rather root for this year, I’m rooting for Brady, and give Tampa some fun for the next two years.  Also, let Belicheck choke on two bad seasons.  I am living in Tampa so I am biased.  Just know guys down here have been hurting too just like my beloved Bills fans friends.  I have zero love for Belicheat.

We are going to have a beer at O'Briens and discuss this... I disagree with most of it lol.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s about the best landing spot possible for him to see meaningful snaps 

The warm weather helps old bones feel better. People go there to retire for a reason. I miss it......  ?

I don’t begrudge him one more big(gish) check, but I don’t expect much. 

9 hours ago, T&C said:

We are going to have a beer at O'Briens and discuss this... I disagree with most of it lol.

O’Briens in Brandon, FL?  I know there is one in Buffalo, but I’m asking as that is the biggest Bills Backers bar outside of Tampa.  You feel like you’re in Buffalo on Sundays in the fall there.  You guys in Buffalo if you are ever here on vacation overlapping a Sunday, you’ll have a blast watching the game there, and if you come at 10 am, they let you reserve a table or barstool, and you can come back at 12:45 pm.  They keep you’re spot.  They play the first down chant and the Shout song when we score.  It’s like a little home in a suburb of Tampa.

9 hours ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Good! I'm glad Shady is getting one more go around. He deserves it. 

I thought the same too.  He ran for 4.6 Ypc in 2019 for a total of 461 yards, and in 2018 for the Bills was only 3.2 ypc. for a total of 514 yards.  He averaged for his career 4.5 ypc. So last year he actually bounced back to his avg. yet used less which you would expect given his age.  As an aside, his passing yards career was 7.5 yards a play.  

My point earlier is he could squeeze out one more year, be checkdown Charlie for Brady in the pass, and a good role model on the field for the young backs.  I’m not speaking to his party thing in Philly or anything like that, just simply his preparation for play, and teach the youngins there how he see the field as he had great vision for a lot of years.  He probably won’t do more than 30-400 yards, but when Arians needs a drop off outlet for Brady, Shady is usually good for a 7 yard pass once he get YAC.  It helps both sides.

Its not like he flamed Buffalo on the way out, and once he showed up in Buffalo (not before as I remember), was positive about the people.  I know his play diminished in 2018, but he did give 3 solid years prior to that and to this day every interview I’ve seen of him about Buffalo he remains with the same thankfulness he came here.

So as Let’s go said, why not hope the best he can leave on a high note and Brady can dump the ball off a bit to him and he walks out head high.  He probably wont make it after that, but he had a great career.

• Like (+1) 1

Knowing you House, I’m sure you’re giving that quick, sarcastic comment as you’re good for some laughs on the board.  If by some chance you’re serious, he makes $1 mil to play, or opts out for a $150,000 stipend that if opted out would have to pay it back if not picked up next year.  I could be wrong if he has a medical condition that can be proven, he could get $350,000 and not pay it back.  By all accounts, I believe he is healthy so I’m betting he wants to rack up even more yards and TD’s so maybe he could help, and get a little step closer to HOF someday (not necessarily right away) as he keeps making the case he was transformational.  If you’re an aging RB, and you know you have a HOF QB, and can rack up some yards, then why not play.  Anyway, I’m shaded out so those are my points. 

Happy Friday all.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

O’Briens in Brandon, FL?  I know there is one in Buffalo, but I’m asking as that is the biggest Bills Backers bar outside of Tampa.  You feel like you’re in Buffalo on Sundays in the fall there.  You guys in Buffalo if you are ever here on vacation overlapping a Sunday, you’ll have a blast watching the game there, and if you come at 10 am, they let you reserve a table or barstool, and you can come back at 12:45 pm.  They keep you’re spot.  They play the first down chant and the Shout song when we score.  It’s like a little home in a suburb of Tampa.

Absolutely the one in Brandon..  we talked about it last year. Wonder if most of it will be outside this season.

• Like (+1) 1

Wish Shady the best. Thought he gave more of himself to the Bills than I expected when he signed and left in a gracious way when I thought he might spit his dummy. Hope it works out for him and he gets to enjoy one more year as a player in a high octane offense. They will use him more as a receiving back than a downhill runner I would guess but let's see.

14 hours ago, vincec said:

If he couldn’t find a role in KC then he isn’t going to find one in Tampa with another year on the tires.

Maybe?  I dunno brady likes that safety valve back - and he can pass protect, run routes out of empty sets.  I dunno - Jones isn't a bad running back but maybe they're looking to split carries.  He signed with KC on 8/31 so it was always going to be an uphill battle there.  No knowledge of playbook, offensive linemen, QB, anything.  

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thought the same too.  He ran for 4.6 Ypc in 2019 for a total of 461 yards, and in 2018 for the Bills was only 3.2 ypc. for a total of 514 yards.  He averaged for his career 4.5 ypc. So last year he actually bounced back to his avg. yet used less which you would expect given his age.  As an aside, his passing yards career was 7.5 yards a play.  

My point earlier is he could squeeze out one more year, be checkdown Charlie for Brady in the pass, and a good role model on the field for the young backs.  I’m not speaking to his party thing in Philly or anything like that, just simply his preparation for play, and teach the youngins there how he see the field as he had great vision for a lot of years.  He probably won’t do more than 30-400 yards, but when Arians needs a drop off outlet for Brady, Shady is usually good for a 7 yard pass once he get YAC.  It helps both sides.

Its not like he flamed Buffalo on the way out, and once he showed up in Buffalo (not before as I remember), was positive about the people.  I know his play diminished in 2018, but he did give 3 solid years prior to that and to this day every interview I’ve seen of him about Buffalo he remains with the same thankfulness he came here.

So as Let’s go said, why not hope the best he can leave on a high note and Brady can dump the ball off a bit to him and he walks out head high.  He probably wont make it after that, but he had a great career.

Yeah.. if he had like, a huge injury or something like jamaal charles i might be more inclined to think hes done.  But he played alright last year, outside of a couple of bad fumbles.  

Last year they had barber as the 2nd back and ogunbahalwale (def added like 6 letters).   Barber sucked, and is now gone.  So right off the bat there's a role there.  I also think he cuts into the other guys snaps on 3rd down.  QB wants a guy he trusts in pass pro imo.

Just now, JohnNord said:

PS - It’s because he isn’t very good anymore 

Yeah... still wish we had him last year instead of gore.  And if dollars and cents were the same, i think we probably would've kept him. 

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm happy for Shady, but aren't the Bucs starting to resemble the (former) Redskins the year they signed every aging veteran available in Free Agency? Iirc, they were the media's darling to win the SB and ended up being awful and out of the playoffs entirely.

Hopefully, the Bucs will go down in flames the same way.

17 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Playing with Satan, I mean Brady, I hope he has a final season like Reggie Bush had.

I think Bruce Arians (SP?) has enough respect for veterans to give them a chance TO NOT have a negative rushing total for the season when the last game of the year means nothing. Im not a Reggie Bush fanboy or anything, but that always has rubbed me the wrong way when they didnt give him a SINGLE chance to rush the ball and gain at least 3 yards to get back to zero rushing yards gained on the season.