You knew the SEC wouldn’t cancel their season

NewEra

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

A conference-only schedule might result in the best year of SEC ball ever. Alabama won't be able to get away with playing no one until the championship.

SEC is follows a predictable pattern 

LSU = Bama
LSU/Bama > Georgia

Georgia > The rest (unless they need to win a game, then they blow it against KY)

On 7/30/2020 at 5:50 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Feel bad for the AAC - in many ways it is more Power 5 than ACC minus Clemson. And given they get lower TV revenue, these match ups with P-5 were critical to their SOS and financial viability. More importantly, their COVID protocols are no worse than the P-5. Maybe they can have some revenue by being the one in the ACC's 10+1 or the Big 12 can fill the holes in its schedule by scheduling a game or two with the AAC. 

Some takes are bad.  This is one of them. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

This is a bad idea.  I don’t get why they just don’t wait for the Spring and maybe they even garner a little more in tv revenue as college ball will outdo in the ratings hockey and basketball except the tournament.  Virgil, only as I now as of next month will have two in college down here in FL, they are basically doing half their classes virtually and half lIve.  It doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s it.

I would actually watch more college football in the Spring as it’s just too hard to have the tv on for college and the NFL all weekend long in the fall.  It’s why I just make the NFL priority.  

7 hours ago, The Senator said:

Hope it works out - I can’t imagine no NCAA or NFL football, and I can’t imagine Mike Leach’s SEC debut delayed because of this crazy virus stuff.

Hopefully we’ll have a vaccine by the end of the year.

Hi, Senator! Hope all is well with you & the family.

Don’t be a stranger!

13 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

A conference-only schedule might result in the best year of SEC ball ever. Alabama won't be able to get away with playing no one until the championship.

What are you talking about?????  They play LSU, Auburn & Texas A&M every year & this year the cross over game was Georgia.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The SEC and most of it’s fans wont care if a player died on the field from this. Scrap him up and move on to the next down.  It’s almost like the South East really needs free labor to support its economy.

That was a rather disgusting thing to say.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

That was a rather disgusting thing to say.

Oh please Bill.  A lot of these kids are pieces of meat to them.  Some of them don’t care if they blew out their knee, their social issues, and what really goes on in their players lives.  Framing Mississippi just got rid of the confederate flag a couple of months ago and had a segregated prom like 2 years ago.  

Is every SEC fan racist? Of course not.  But there are a bunch of them and people you use these athletes because they produce big money for them.  They see dollar signs not people.  Pretend all you want.   Besides Walmart, college sports is what keeps those states from being total concise disasters (and bail outs from New York and California). 

also, I know you are a Bama fan and I would never include you into these group because I know you’re a good man.  But you’re biased and there are some awful people who totally use these student athletes who don’t give a damn about them. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

17 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

exactly.  this is great. 

we'll be vaccinating 50yr old+ coaches, grandmas, fattys/sickys by November, so should be able to get through this.   

need to power through.  there will always be edge cases that the media will make total hay on, but the vast majority of 20 year old college athletes have very little to fear from this thing.  

The college athletes mortality isn't the issue (for one serious long term respiratory and heart damage might occur from those who fully recover) it is the fact that they could spread it to the coaches and support staff and their families or other students. Unless the SEC can create some sort of bubble atmosphere i just don't see it working out. I think the NHL and NBA are proving that bubble environments are needed to avoid outbreaks. 

There are hundreds of thousands of black Alabama Fans. Do you count them in your ugly description? There are multiple Crimson Tide Facebook pages, some with 75,000 followers. These folks are out and out obsessed with the team and are every bit as enthusiastic as Bills Fans. The south does have a shameful history in terms of race, but; I dare say that they are more integrated than much of the north these days. The NYC school system is more segregated than those in Mississippi and Alabama. If you want to read a great book that touches on it, check out “The Battle For Room 314.” 

Edited by Bill from NYC

16 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

SEC is follows a predictable pattern 

LSU = Bama
LSU/Bama > Georgia

Georgia > The rest (unless they need to win a game, then they blow it against KY)

It’s going to be interesting. I wouldn’t go off last year to predict this season. Lots of turnover at all three of those schools you listed there. Players AND staff. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh please Bill.  A lot of these kids are pieces of meat to them.  Some of them don’t care if they blew out their knee, their social issues, and what really goes on in their players lives.  Framing Mississippi just got rid of the confederate flag a couple of months ago and had a segregated prom like 2 years ago.  

Is every SEC fan racist? Of course not.  But there are a bunch of them and people you use these athletes because they produce big money for them.  They see dollar signs not people.  Pretend all you want.   Besides Walmart, college sports is what keeps those states from being total concise disasters (and bail outs from New York and California). 

also, I know you are a Bama fan and I would never include you into these group because I know you’re a good man.  But you’re biased and there are some awful people who totally use these student athletes who don’t give a damn about them. 

Clown post.  

I grew up on Long Island and now live in ATL.   

From my time on Long Island, in the Upstate and NYC, I can say NY is just as racist, if not more so in certain areas, than the South.  

Upstate might as well be suburban/rural Georgia and don’t even get me started on Long Island/Staten Island. 

You talk about the Southeast like it’s just the worst parts of Alabama & Mississippi, meanwhile Atlanta has a massive business sector, Mercedes-Benz HQ and the suburbs of the city are becoming ground zero for IT work. Florida is a tourism Mecca and BMW, Michelin & Boeing have HQ’s in South Carolina.  

Yea, the South cares about College Football.  Ok... and?  Have you ever even been down to the South?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

On 7/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, ProcessTruster said:

exactly.  this is great. 

we'll be vaccinating 50yr old+ coaches, grandmas, fattys/sickys by November, so should be able to get through this.   

need to power through.  there will always be edge cases that the media will make total hay on, but the vast majority of 20 year old college athletes have very little to fear from this thing.  

Yea I’m sure everyone will be lining up to get a vaccine in 10 months when it usually takes 6 to 10 years of testing. The greed associated with all these sports is disgusting. When a pro or college athlete dies from this I hope that they sue the school or pro team into bankruptcy.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

Clown post.  

I grew up on Long Island and now live in ATL.   

From my time on Long Island, in the Upstate and NYC, I can say NY is just as racist, if not more so in certain areas, than the South.  

Upstate might as well be suburban/rural Georgia and don’t even get me started on Long Island/Staten Island. 

You talk about the Southeast like it’s just the worst parts of Alabama & Mississippi, meanwhile Atlanta has a massive business sector, Mercedes-Benz HQ and the suburbs of the city are becoming ground zero for IT work. Florida is a tourism Mecca and BMW, Michelin & Boeing have HQ’s in South Carolina.  

Yea, the South cares about College Football.  Ok... and?  Have you ever even been down to the South?

I’ve been to the good parts of the south (Charlotte, Asheville, Atlanta, Savanah, NO, parts of Florida).  Congrats on living in racist parts of LI and upstate NY I guess.  

and of course there’s racist everyone but some parts of the south are stuck in a different world.  Root for these kids then call them the n word behind closed doors.  I think there are great SEC fans, the best college conference.  I also think there are disgusting pieces of trash who think this virus is a myth, just want to see Rebels play, and couldn’t care less what happens to these student athletes.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My opinion differs so much between college and pros.

pros: it’s a risk but it is our living...we all make money.

college:  f*** it, let’s make money off these students’ backs as long as we can, regardless of the risk.

Exactly.  That what some of these morons who are pushing for college football don’t get.  If you’re a pro, it’s job.  If you’re in college, they are prostituting you for billions for the school and town.  You are meat to them.  If you get it, spread it to your family or have long term health issues, you think most fans are going to care? BS.  

if I was a player, I’d medical redshirt this year or get myself ready for the draft like Caleb Farley is doing.  Risking your health for free is dumb.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve been to the good parts of the south (Charlotte, Asheville, Atlanta, Savanah, NO, parts of Florida).  Congrats on living in racist parts of LI and upstate NY I guess.  

and of course there’s racist everyone but some parts of the south are stuck in a different world.  Root for these kids then call them the n word behind closed doors.  I think there are great SEC fans, the best college conference.  I also think there are disgusting pieces of trash who think this virus is a myth, just want to see Rebels play, and couldn’t care less what happens to these student athletes.

Exactly.  That what some of these morons who are pushing for college football don’t get.  If you’re a pro, it’s job.  If you’re in college, they are prostituting you for billions for the school and town.  You are meat to them.  If you get it, spread it to your family or have long term health issues, you think most fans are going to care? BS.  

if I was a player, I’d medical redshirt this year or get myself ready for the draft like Caleb Farley is doing.  Risking your health for free is dumb.

Can you tell me about your experiences with all these Southern Confederate Rebels that root for their college football team and then call the players the “n word” behind closed doors?   

Im assuming you have a basis for saying that, unless you’re just making it up because you have a preconceived notion of the South. 

...and yes, there is racism everywhere, which is why we see this movement for racial equality across the country.   All I’m saying, is I’ve lived in the Northeast, and now reside in the Southeast... and my view of the South was definitely warped before I moved here.   I saw just as much racism growing up on Long Island, perhaps even more, than I have since moving to Atlanta. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1