Bills send all rookies home for virtual meetings to try to get ahead of Covid spread (only Duke on list as of 8/6)

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Are they giving up? It seems like everyone BUT the rookies should be sent home. I guess if they have no chance of winning a starting position, why have them there?

They are just separating for distancing purposes.  They will do the meetings with the rookies remotely/virtually.

They are just trying to be safe.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Are they giving up? It seems like everyone BUT the rookies should be sent home. I guess if they have no chance of winning a starting position, why have them there?

They are only in meetings right now. They sent them home to do everything virtually 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They are just separating for distancing purposes.  They will do the meetings with the rookies remotely/virtually.

They are just trying to be safe.  

Yeah, after I listened to the video clip that's what it sounded like to me too - that they only have the rookies in the building, and they decided to send them to their Orchard Park living quarters to do meetings virtually, not "home" in the sense of "back where you came from".  Maybe to do a deep clean because someone tested positive?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Yep. I see now. Best to keep people away until they absolutely need to be on campus. 

Right now it’s just rookies in in-person meetings because the vets are still in the testing phase. They aren’t allowed in the facility until they have i think 3 negative tests. So they basically sent all players currently in the facility home to do virtual for now. As of now they only had one rookie on the list but I wonder if there were more today which sparked this? The media usually sees the Covid transaction wire at 4pm

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, after I listened to the video clip that's what it sounded like to me too - that they only have the rookies in the building, and they decided to send them to their Orchard Park living quarters to do meetings virtually, not "home" in the sense of "back where you came from".  Maybe to do a deep clean because someone tested positive?

Yeah, Hap, and they said "sent them home" in the video, but they should have stressed not home home, but rather, "sending them back to their resident facilities" or "to their Western New York housing" or something like that.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I wonder if a coach or trainer tested positive 

Seems like [the Buffalo Bills] may have had a small outbreak,” speculated Dr. David Chao, former NFL trainer and Twitter’s Pro Football Doc. “Veterans not in building yet. Would imply some positive tests for coaches, staff or rookie/early reports. Aggressively containing is the right approach.”

Sounds like they feel if there is no real reason to be in a group then they aren’t doing it.  Sounds smart to me, why impart risk for no value in return... 

No need for panic guys and gals. 

Damocles sword is right where it was in January...nothing has changed, it is  hanging right over our heads... 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If they can't figure out a way to be "safe" during meetings, how are they going to train, practice, or play games "safely"?

Eh.  It's like the better college plans to bring students back.  Have to test multiple times and quarantine aggressively at first and expect to catch some outbreaks and have to stamp them out.

Think of it like this: you are having pieces of firewood shipped in from all over the country, some from areas experiencing forest fires.  Expect that a certain number of those pieces of wood are going to be primed to burst into flames.  Be prepared to fling the woodpile apart and aggressively stamp on those pieces.  Then once everything has cooled down, can stack up the woodpile and keep it stacked without problems.

The season is still on a "wing and a prayer" to me, but with rookies and players coming from covid-19 hot-spots, it's not a surprise that some initial firefighting will be necessary.  Then it just depends upon how seriously everyone on all teams takes it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2