Bills send all rookies home for virtual meetings to try to get ahead of Covid spread (only Duke on list as of 8/6)

There are so many people who aren't taking this seriously.  I'm in liberal California and I have tons of idiot friends and family members who think it's fake, NBD, or frankly just DGAF about their health or others, and they continue to get together indoors to drink and play cards or what have you.  I can't imagine these athletes are being very strict about the social distancing protocols given the questionable judgment so many show in other aspects of their lives and their general youth and feelings of invincibility.  I will be absolutely shocked if we see a full season of football culminating in a Super Bowl game.

Having said that, I myself had COVID and the acute effects weren't any worse than the common cold.  But I'll say that three months later I still get randomly leveled by extreme fatigue and chills where I need to nap for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As per the league agreement with the player's union there won't be any practicing of football stuff anyway until August 17.  Right now it was to be on field strength and conditioning and teaching sessions in the classroom.  The team is saying they can do the teaching virtually, and the conditioning work isn't worth the risk of COVID-19 spread.

12 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

nah, these kids won't even have symptoms, they'll be pissed they even have to quarantine for a period of time..

.. its the fattys/sickys who spent a lifetime trashing trashing their bodies that need to worry, but the vaccines will be there by Nov. 

this is non event; press on. 

Doesn't seem like you "trust the process"

33 minutes ago, fallen627 said:

It’s just so damn frustrating to see other countries getting to have sports, with the potential of fans, while we fall on our face. What a mess

Sports is the least of our worries right now.  I'd be happy to forego sports if it meant an end to the protests/rioting/covid anger/presidential election(growing anger between the two parties).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Sports is the least of our worries right now.  I'd be happy to forego sports if it meant an end to the protests/rioting/covid anger/presidential election(growing anger between the two parties).

Myself personally, sports helps lift the spirits of the American people. Gives us normality in a world of chaos.

So while I don't want any of our players health compromised in any way. I do feel like the contributions they give to our countrty is needed.

Watching Josh Allen give a simple thumbs up on the 1st day of training camp I know lifted my spirits.  

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, sports helps lift the spirits of the American people. Gives us normality in a world of chaos.

So while I don't want any of our players health compromised in any way. I do feel like the contributions they give to our countrty is needed.

Watching Josh Allen give a simple thumbs up on the 1st day of training camp I know lifted my spirits.  

Understood. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

It is technically not as important as those other things but right now, for many people, it is one of the only positive things to look forward to

• Thank you (+1) 1

It would be interesting to know which of the tests and which laboratory the Bills are using.  The NFL could use one laboratory for all tests which each team mailing overnight to HQs until rapid tests become common.  I can also see the NFL using a batch test first to reduce the number of tests required once baseline is established.

I am still expecting an announcement "XXXX is the official testing laboratory of the NFL" with Cowpokes deciding to make deal with a different one like they have in past.