Bills send all rookies home for virtual meetings to try to get ahead of Covid spread (only Duke on list as of 8/6)

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Each team is going to have to get the whole team in it’s own bubble meaning no going to see family.  Hotel, training facility, to and from games a bubble. Allen gets a respirator and in a clean room all year. 

NFLPA will NEVER agree to this.  You are talking about a 5-6 month bubble with no family interaction.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I remember Sal C tweeting that the names of Covid positive players are kept confidential by teams but at the same time , they're included on the list. 

Reason why they are on list is secret but lists are public.  Part of efforts to help eliminate inside leaks to gambling.

There are HIPA rules as well but the seems to be ignored especially by the press.

Each team is going to do everything they can to keep this in check.  I can see them having meetings either outside 6 feet apart or meetings remaining virtual, using both locker rooms, separating the two locker rooms so o lineman are split into two locker rooms and every other as an example.  They will do everything they can to keep the season going.  I know there is Little upside, but if healthy individuals get little no symptoms, then if they build up antibodies now, at least for a few months, you want this mess to happen now, not during the season.  Before anyone misunderstands, I want everyone to be healthy and if they have to get it, hopefully little impact to them and their families, but simply if they get a minor cases, you want it now.

Lets pray al of these players families and themselves have a minimal impact.

44 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I'm not too optimistic on the season proceeding whether it never starts or starts and stops- I just can't see it working. And I am an optimist by nature.

I’m there with you. Less than a week into their experiment and MLB is already setting itself up for tripleheaders in September. 

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Were all five players infected before coming to OBD? How bad do safety measures have to be for this to spread when all you're doing is having meetings? 

Keep people apart and wear masks??

It depends on how people act. 

The Florida/Miami Marlins in some cases made no effort.  

Maybe they believed it was fake news, not as bad as press makes it sound (none volunteered to work refrigerator trucks which piled up corpses), felt being young and healthy felt they were not at risk or just believed business should go ahead and if some unhealthy/older people died it was better than no business.

Rookies were being tested when they came to town and evidently they saw risk factor too high.  

I am guessing they were expecting rookies to be self quarantined and some were not and when tested numbers were too high,

It may be players who were just exposed and will go on temporary list.  Give them time to have press conference.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just cancel the season already.  

nah, these kids won't even have symptoms, they'll be pissed they even have to quarantine for a period of time..

.. its the fattys/sickys who spent a lifetime trashing trashing their bodies that need to worry, but the vaccines will be there by Nov. 

this is non event; press on. 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

NFLPA will NEVER agree to this.  You are talking about a 5-6 month bubble with no family interaction.

They might have to if we're going to have any hope of a season.  Just look at all the baseball games cancelled after one week of not being in a bubble.

4 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

This is crushing. I mean, I'm not trying to point fingers, but are these guys not following the mask/distancing rules? Do they not know that a full year of salary is on the line for every one of them?

Again, I don't know the details of what's going on there, but 5 positives in 4 days means the ball's being dropped somewhere.

It's been pretty clear from social media that many if not most of the players are not taking this thing very seriously.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

nah, these kids won't even have symptoms, they'll be pissed they even have to quarantine for a period of time..

.. its the fattys/sickys who spent a lifetime trashing trashing their bodies that need to worry, but the vaccines will be there by Nov. 

this is non event; press on. 

Despicable You

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

If they can't figure out a way to be "safe" during meetings, how are they going to train, practice, or play games "safely"?

counterpoint: they found a way to meet safe virtually while bringing everyone into their system 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Can’t be enforced but could be offered I’d think.

some teams may be more willing to opt in to safe housing