CFB Opt-out Thread

BuffaloHokie13

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

You are probably right but their teams are not very good CB, and I am being kind.

Clemson is a great, well coached team but when the playoffs come around other teams are beat up and Clemson coasts in after beating nobodies.

Oh for sure, the SEC teams are much stronger and well rounded than ACC teams.  But it’s a pretty weak crop of SEC qbs right now.  Of course, Joe Burrow wasn’t Joe Burrow at this time last year so things can quickly.  If there is even a season. ?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh for sure, the SEC teams are much stronger and well rounded than ACC teams.  But it’s a pretty weak crop of SEC qbs right now.  Of course, Joe Burrow wasn’t Joe Burrow at this time last year so things can quickly.  If there is even a season. ?

Alabama has a very highly regarded freshman. He reminds me of a slower Kyler Murray with perhaps a better arm, and the OL he will play behind might be the best one since they crushed Notre Dame. That was the best Alabama OL I ever say.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Alabama has a very highly regarded freshman. He reminds me of a slower Kyler Murray with perhaps a better arm, and the OL he will play behind might be the best one since they crushed Notre Dame. That was the best Alabama OL I ever say.

So you were obviously ok with Tua living huh?  2 quick questions:

1 - is this guy have potential to be better than Tua?

2 - if healthy, how good do you Tua will be as a pro?

1) He has the potential to be great. He isn't as fast as Murray who ran a 4.31 bit he is super quick and has a strong, accurate arm.  He was the USA Today player of the year in 2019. Oh, and he is VERY smart on the field.

2) A healthy Tua will be GREAT imo. He is listens to his coaches, and is a GREAT kid. He is religious and is going to build a church for his minister father. Anything can happen but he seems completely grounded. Saban LOVED Tua like I have never seen him so attached to any other player.

As for his talent, he has great eyes and a quick release. He throws hard yet he has lots of spin and his balls look easy to catch. Tua can scramble out of trouble and also run, but I hope not so much. He is perfectly coordinated and can make every throw (except for Josh Allen circus throws), and do so with great accuracy. 

I can't blame him for taking the millions. Another major injury in college and he might never have had the money or the chance. His title winning pass will live on forever in Alabama. He could win an election for governor, and btw it was one of the best things I ever saw in any sport. He only played in just a few games  and had no starts. He entered the title game down 13-0 at the half. Here it is in 3 languages lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not going to get all joyous about this because who is to say it won't happen to the Tide? That said, a star WR and DB are really huge losses, especially before the season begins.

I don’t think they were going to be very good this year regardless - but interesting to see the exodus. 

On 9/1/2020 at 10:26 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah, they lost some really good players, and I was never crazy about their coach. But, I thought that Clemson would beat them. What do I know?

There was a report today of internal strife at LSU. I couldn’t be less shocked. Cajun Brady Hoke was screwed once he lost the two guys that made his title happen, Burrow and the OC, and now he’s losing the locker room. 

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.