Hyde & Poyer. The Best? These guys think so

Kinda wack to go off gross stats over the last 3 seasons when Thornhill only played one and Minkah played 2.

Other big issue with the passer rating stat is ignoring CB play. Hyde and Poyer have Tre. Chung and McCourty have Gilmore. I’m not even sure who Smith and Harris have? Is Xavier Rhodes still playing. 

Hyde and Poyer are good. I would have them arguably in the top 4 S duos in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The NFL loves stars. Since neither of these guys is a true star, they don't get the appreciation as a duo that they deserve.  

I think they get recognition. Especially Hyde.

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I mean, I think you can agree that Hyde is not regarded as a "star." 

He's a "superstar" in Madden (not that it means much).

But I'm not sure either of them deserve to be considered stars. They are both solid starters that work well together. With them it's kind of a "the sum is greater than the parts" kind of thing.

As a tandem they are great, but I don't think individually either of them are star potential.

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Kinda wack to go off gross stats over the last 3 seasons when Thornhill only played one and Minkah played 2.

Other big issue with the passer rating stat is ignoring CB play. Hyde and Poyer have Tre. Chung and McCourty have Gilmore. I’m not even sure who Smith and Harris have? Is Xavier Rhodes still playing. 

Hyde and Poyer are good. I would have them arguably in the top 4 S duos in the NFL.

Don't tell "DJ Johnny Rich" how to do stats!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Excellent duo, but they do miss a lot of tackles.

Yet they MADE far more tackles than any other duo. Look again at the numbers.  Every team/player misses tackles. Very pleased with them. 

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

PFT did a draft of best safety tandems last week and never mentioned BUF.

I think the next day they apologized for overlooking them, admitting they messed up. 

• Like (+1) 1