Website "Yardbarker" has the Bills's defense ranked 3d tn the NFL!

tomur67

I've never heard of them before, but I guess they must be some pretty smart guys.  They ranked all 32 defenses. 

The top 5 were: 1. Steelers

2, Raven

3. Bills

4. 49'ers

5. Vikings

See the whole list at www.yardbarker.com/nfl

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m good with it, as long as they don’t rank defenses on outcomes that did not happen... I’m lookin at you PFF... 

?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

wait...do we love yardbarker now?!?!??!  lolz!

i wanted to get this overplayed joke out of the way as early as possible.

You SOB I was coming with an original version of that and you stepped on my punchline!! I was going to say, “I’ve always liked yardbarker.” Thanks a lot teef!! This was my chance

• Like (+1) 1

W/o Star L, who knows.  Stopping the run was a problem in the Wrecks years, and early in the McD era.  that stopped when Star arrived.  Overpaid, maybe, but, he did his job!  And, I thought he got it going a little better at the end of last season.  He is a loss this year.

33 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

W/o Star L, who knows.  Stopping the run was a problem in the Wrecks years, and early in the McD era.  that stopped when Star arrived.  Overpaid, maybe, but, he did his job!  And, I thought he got it going a little better at the end of last season.  He is a loss this year.

They were ranked 5th then Star opted out.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Way too low!

The Steelers probably do have the best defense in the NFL.  2 really good pass rushers in watt and dupree.  Unsung guys like tuitt and hayward.  Haden, Fitzpatrick, edmunds.  Devin bush inside.  They are legit.  They led the league in sacks and takeaways.  They also went 8-8 with rudolph and hodges last year which is crazy.  Even crazier that they didn't upgrade the backup QB spot with guys like dalton, and flacco sitting out there for pennies on the dollar. 

The ravens added queen, calais campbell, wolfe - and lost michael pierce.  Humphrey, peters, thomas on the backend is pretty awesome too.  Should be a really tough team.

On One Bills Live, Aaron Schatz of Foot all Outsiders said that the Bills have the highest probability to have a top defense.  

Outside of that, the rest of the interview was brutal with Tasker and Chris Brown as host  

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

The Steelers probably do have the best defense in the NFL.  2 really good pass rushers in watt and dupree.  Unsung guys like tuitt and hayward.  Haden, Fitzpatrick, edmunds.  Devin bush inside.  They are legit.  They led the league in sacks and takeaways.  They also went 8-8 with rudolph and hodges last year which is crazy.  Even crazier that they didn't upgrade the backup QB spot with guys like dalton, and flacco sitting out there for pennies on the dollar. 

The ravens added queen, calais campbell, wolfe - and lost michael pierce.  Humphrey, peters, thomas on the backend is pretty awesome too.  Should be a really tough team.

Steelers D, Ravens D, 49ers D, Buffalo D. Those look like a top 4. Vikings D will be up there as always with Zimmer. 

18 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I've never heard of them before, but I guess they must be some pretty smart guys.  They ranked all 32 defenses. 

The top 5 were: 1. Steelers

2, Raven

3. Bills

4. 49'ers

5. Vikings

See the whole list at www.yardbarker.com/nfl

If Ravens have a top 2 defense, they should be favored to win the Superbowl

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

If Ravens have a top 2 defense, they should be favored to win the Superbowl

They should be... they kinda choked in the playoffs against Tenn.  3 turnovers and 0/4 on 4th downs.  4 TDs with drive starts at the Baltimore 35, Baltimore 45, Baltimore 20, and the Tenn 19.  So 3 times Tenn started in baltimore territory, scored on all 3.  The other time Henry broke off a big one.  Even with Henry going for almost 200 yards, Baltimore still had greater TOP.  

Chiefs vs Ravens is an interesting matchup tho since stopping the ravens run game is so challenging.  Buffalo did well with LJ last time, but the offense was pretty bad for the majority of the game.  Tons of sacks, tons of incompletions, and a fumble that gave them a short field. Between the fumble, and the missed coverage on the long passing TD... that was pretty much the difference.  Buffalo has a good pass defense, but if Mahomes can successfully buy time it would be a problem.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 2