Lamar on AB: “That’s the type of guy we need in our locker room”

Pretty sure it's our Josh Allen who's made plenty of 13-on-the-Wonderlic decisions in games, including in the playoff game against the Texans...really don't know how folks are trying to play Lamar Jackson. 

Since the days of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, the Ravens have always struck me as being a very strong organization with a strong internal bond; I totally get what Jackson's saying.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Lamar was exposed in the playoff loss...

He was, in the same sense that Josh Allen was exposed in the playoff loss and in several other losses for example NE and the Ravens.  

It happens.  The next question for both of them is will they effectively be able to take the appropriate steps to fill in those gaps in their game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was, in the same sense that Josh Allen was exposed in the playoff loss and in several other losses for example NE and the Ravens.  

It happens.  The next question for both of them is will they effectively be able to take the appropriate steps to fill in those gaps in their game.

While you are right, it's hard not to get the sense that Lamar is a one trick pony that will soon be figured out by the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

several Bills players have also worked out with AB this offseason. Given his past history, while I would be wary of bringing AB into the locker room - I can understand players looking to win wanting him in their locker room. Esp. QBs who have worked out with him and see his ability and connection with them first hand. This has nothing to do with Wonderlic scores. 

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

While you are right, it's hard not to get the sense that Lamar is a one trick pony that will soon be figured out by the NFL. 

I too used to think LJ cannot throw. While I believe JA's ceiling to be higher than LJ, might I remind you that no one trick pony who can be easily figured out  can become league wide MVP. FWIW, the guy definitely has at least two tricks - he can juke and he can throw. 

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

There's one play from the Titans playoff game that makes me more optimistic about Lamar than the "it's just RGIII all over again" crowd.  It's the Ravens first drive so there's like 10 minutes left in the first quarter (before the INT on the same drive).  Throws an absolute dart to the sideline on an out or corner to the TE. Great footwork, great placement, great everything...until you watch the all-22 and realize he missed his first read (safety) entirely on a deep post for what would have been an easy TD. 

If he can slow that down and make that first read, it's 7-0 Ravens and a much different ballgame.  Instead, the drive continues and some shoddy footwork and lackluster pass pro result in an INT (+15 yard penalty on none other than Lamar) that gets the Titans amped up and makes it look like the moment was too big for QB1...again.