Lamar on AB: “That’s the type of guy we need in our locker room”

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Belicheck thought AB in his locker room would be a good idea.  So maybe thinking that isn't a factor of Wonderlic scores?

John Harbaugh says Lamar is very intelligent.  Who to believe, you or the guy who went to the playoffs 2x in 2 years with him?

Jackson had limitations to his NFL QB skillset last season.

Jackson may improve, or he may not

Could say the same thing about Josh

My thoughts exactly.

Didn't AB retire?

I hate this merge feature, by the way.

Edited by Dopey

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Your reminder that Lamar scored a 13 on the Wonderlic.

Jim Kelly and Dan Marino both scored 15. “Donovan McNabb had a score of 14 on the test and went 98-62-1 in 13 seasons, making six Pro Bowls” 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Belicheck thought AB in his locker room would be a good idea.  So maybe thinking that isn't a factor of Wonderlic scores?

John Harbaugh says Lamar is very intelligent.  Who to believe, you or the guy who went to the playoffs 2x in 2 years with him?

Eh, what does that guy know about the game?

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

John Harbaugh is his coach. What do you expect him to say? So ya, you should believe me, not him.

Agreed on your point about Allen. But these things can be said any young QB. 

28 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

John Harbaugh is his coach. What do you expect him to say? So ya, you should believe me, not him.

John Harbaugh is a seasoned veteran of press conferences and has no shortage of positive things to say about a player without saying things he doesn't believe.  He comes across as a very straight shooter and it wasn't said in response to a question.

But even if I didn't believe him, that most surely does not follow.  You would have to provide information about your acquaintance with Lamar Jackson and your credentials in football and we would all have to believe they're on a par with that of Harbaugh, to be believed.

Agreed on your point about Allen. But these things can be said any young QB. 

That's exactly my point.  Any young QB in his 2nd or 3rd season may have gaps in his game.  They may be filled, and the QB may improve, or they may not be filled, and he may be "solved" and fade.  But yet we have people making definitive pronouncements like this about Lamar:

15 hours ago, QB Bills said:

This guy is literally too dumb to have sustained success as a QB in the NFL. Also, he can't pass outside the numbers and his only improvisational skills are to run. He's been coached up well but is going to crash and burn as early as this season.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I mean they have a statue of a ***** murderer outside of their facility.  Wouldn't be the worst fit for that organization.

Yeah, people talk about Belicheck and Al Davis but there's something to be said that the Ravens are the true "Just Win Baby" end-justifies-the-means club.

36 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Not sure anyone is saying a player needs a Fitzpatrick type score on the wonderlic to win games in the NFL, but a higher score might keep one from saying stupid things.

I’ve known people that went to Ivy League schools that say stupid things. I know people with PHDs that say stupid things. That is not the reason people refer to Lamar Jackson’s Wonderlick score. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I’ve known people that went to Ivy League schools that say stupid things. I know people with PHDs that say stupid things. That is not the reason people refer to Lamar Jackson’s Wonderlick score. 

Why do people refer to Lamar's Wonderlick (sic) score?

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I mean they have a statue of a ***** murderer outside of their facility.  Wouldn't be the worst fit for that organization.

Four words:  Wall of Fame.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do not know. What score did Belicheat get on Wonderlic test and did he cheat?

Never mind we know he cheated, did he cheat off a good paper?

Because he got such a bad score it means his agent did not prep him and he did not care.

6 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Please, let's be fair ..........an involuntary manslaugterer

He definitely volunteered to cover up the murder.

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Four words:  Wall of Fame.

That is 3 (you forgot the "the") and I will giving you one word on Lewis "Convicted".

They wonder who Lamar is licking now?  (ooooh....was that my outer voice? ) ?

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Try your act on the road.  Sounds like a good name for blues song.

I was thinking something along these lines:

"Lamar is an intelligent guy but he doesn't have a lot to say..." etc etc.