Favorite Pre-Corona Vacation Destination?

In the hopes that we can all someday soon safely go back to our respective summer vacation destinations without a care in the world, what is your favorite summer vacation spot, and why? Our extended family has had a standing week in Myrtle Beach for the past 10+ years, which spread out as we are geographically, often meant it would be the only time during the year when some of us would get to see each other. 

15575910318_ec35ebb523_b.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This looks like one heckuva view!

From that cliff city is the 187 step King of Aragon staircase that was hewn into the limestone to descend to the sea.

BEB02FD4-41EA-4831-A8E6-7987CB201DBD.jpg

Edited by Mr Info
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Italy.  The Amalfi coast is lovely, but I like Valpolicella best. That would be because it grows my favorite grapes and produces my favorite type of wine.  Once travel is open again, we'd like to go back to Verona, spend a few more days there and then head out to the countryside.

?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hawaii.  We have not been back since TWA was acquired by American Airlines.

We went 8 times, sometimes for 2 weeks, before the resort we were timeshare owner of told us that we needed to contribute toward land lease renewal or we could not use our room. We already had reservation and have paid for air tickets and half of annual fee.  We were under no obligation according to paperwork which is something that stated during our presentation several times but evidently they were having trouble finding owners to contribute.  We told them if we could not use our room we were under no obligation to pay owners fee and didn't.  For several years we got letter stating we were still under obligation to pay owners fee and they were going to put on our credit report and if there was no action they were going to small claims court and contact a collection agency,  I sent back response stating please do so for the sooner I get on credit report the sooner I can dispute it and I have original paperwork stating I was not under any obligation for the lease renewal and have justification for not paying owner maintenance fees.  Nothing went on credit report, no small court order from Hawaii (which Virginia has said it will not enforce) and no collection agency calls.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Hawaii.  We have not been back since TWA was acquired by American Airlines.

We went 8 times, sometimes for 2 weeks, before the resort we were timeshare owner of told us that we needed to contribute toward land lease renewal or we could not use our room. We already had reservation and have paid for air tickets and half of annual fee.  We were under no obligation according to paperwork which is something that stated during our presentation several times but evidently they were having trouble finding owners to contribute.  We told them if we could not use our room we were under no obligation to pay owners fee and didn't.  For several years we got letter stating we were still under obligation to pay owners fee and they were going to put on our credit report and if there was no action they were going to small claims court and contact a collection agency,  I sent back response stating please do so for the sooner I get on credit report the sooner I can dispute it and I have original paperwork stating I was not under any obligation for the lease renewal and have justification for not paying owner maintenance fees.  Nothing went on credit report, no small court order from Hawaii (which Virginia has said it will not enforce) and no collection agency calls.

Well played Limeaid! And FWIW we went to Maui on our honeymoon and loved it so much we went back for our 1 yr anniversary, that time to Oahu—we loved every minute. It’s been over 10 yrs ago now though, beyond time to get back. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Carolina Beach, NC. But I've been wanting to go to the Azores and the Algarve in Portugal. Waited till my knees were fixed, now boom.

Been to the Algarve twice.  I’d retire there. 

Try Tavira. Nice little place. You need to take the ferry to get to the beach, but it is worth the ride.

Edited by snafu

SXM used to be our Caribbean spot but last time were there was pre Irma in 2015. It’s been pretty messed up since and Corona is just destroying any progress that was made. 

We’ll miss our annual fall Disney trip for the food & wine 1/2 marathon. 

If we’re not able to travel this winter for some ski trips that will really hurt too. Supposed to go to Montana in early Jan with our friends and all the kids to their ski condo. 

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

SXM used to be our Caribbean spot but last time were there was pre Irma in 2015. It’s been pretty messed up since and Corona is just destroying any progress that was made. 

We’ll miss our annual fall Disney trip for the food & wine 1/2 marathon. 

If we’re not able to travel this winter for some ski trips that will really hurt too. Supposed to go to Montana in early Jan with our friends and all the kids to their ski condo. 

Yep we were supposed to go that week, plus am signed up for the full in January, but not looking much more promising at that time either. Here’s to 2022! :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yep we were supposed to go that week, plus am signed up for the full in January, but not looking much more promising at that time either. Here’s to 2022! :rolleyes:

Well at least you don’t have to run a full ?! Tons of respect for those that do that. 1/2 is about my max but I have said I’d like to do the Jan full once just to say I did it!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Well at least you don’t have to run a full ?! Tons of respect for those that do that. 1/2 is about my max but I have said I’d like to do the Jan full once just to say I did it!

I did that one for the 1st time this year, and have to say Disney does it right—great course, great support, and great camaraderie amongst the field of runners—it was my 1st ever marathon and decided I’d try to make this an annual tradition...hope we both get the chance at this one again soon! 

Gary, Indiana.   Check  out that view  of The Lake!  You've not been living if you've  never  visited!

Gary-Aerial.jpg

Sure, there's  some  bad parts... But like any place  else, you  learn to avoid them!

maxresdefault.jpg

The picturesque lighthouse  makes up for it:

8587836516_76455194c4_b.jpg

Same with the Jackson 5 museum, don't  miss that:

michael-jackson-family.jpg

And  you  can't  beat  $27 flights into Greater Gary Airport!

Gary-airport.jpg

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’m a home boy.  

Va beach or OBX.  

I got the Shadester beat,  I am a homey  too!  Gateway to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg9Istqh5mMm2GY739SAR

dunes--13996.jpe?cb=aec056e161a725a33b58

indiana-dunes-38.jpg?fit=1024,768&ssl=1

Where else can you visit Michael Jackson's childhood  home  AND go beachcombing all in the same day!

And visit Buffalo born Homey, SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts childhood  stomping grounds  in Long Beach:

722e4cabdfb792977ca5bcda6ce21bd2l-m0xd-w

But be prepared  to drop  some  coins... That's  a $1.7 million dollar home!

• Thank you (+1) 2