Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

On 7/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, LB3 said:

America sux! Am I in the Antifa club now? Do I get a sticker?

You get a brown shirt, ceremonial brick and a frozen bottle of water to throw at the police, who are protecting private property and public buildings. Tools to make a difference for club members.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Just stop. You think it’s protesting and I don’t. Fine. That doesn’t make either of us right.

and I don’t care who posted the video. The point is the dude acted as if he wasn’t doing nothing. Just like a lot of other people think. “They’re just protesting”.... dude was caught lying, video saw him jump a police barricade, fuel a fire and was shot.

Meanwhile the girl acted like he didn’t do anything wrong. BS. If you agree with it, so be it. If you think breaking the law and inciting violence in the name of “protest” is fine, so be it. Is BS and it’s a bunch of losers with nothing better to do, cause obviously they can’t figure out what peaceful protest means. Cause what he was doing says nothing of peaceful protest.

BTW how are you going to argue this dude was caught red handed and screamed the cops assaulted him?! How is that propaganda? 

I didn't watch it. Like i said, it's a network proven to repeatedly lie. It's how Glenn Beck made his whole living.

7 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

All black peoples lives do matter!!! What’s your point?

Except when police kill them, assault them, or abduct them because they "deserved it"?

Do you think the kettling tactics by the police in Seattle is ok?

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I didn't watch it. Like i said, it's a network proven to repeatedly lie. It's how Glenn Beck made his whole living.

I get it.... I’m glad we can agree there is just some BS media out there. But when it’s blatantly lying, caught in the act. Trying to rally others in the name of police brutality even after breaking the law and trying to spread a fire on a federal building. I think that said the whole story pretty much. But yes. We are fed and shown the minimum to feed a narrative. 

I can be free minded and respect anyone’s opinions and beliefs. I can treat others with respect and dignity regardless of where they stand. But I just can’t follow a narrative that is obvious. It’s on both sides and this anarchy and violence needs to stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I get it.... I’m glad we can agree there is just some BS media out there. But when it’s blatantly lying, caught in the act. Trying to rally others in the name of police brutality even after breaking the law and trying to spread a fire on a federal building. I think that said the whole story pretty much. But yes. We are fed and shown the minimum to feed a narrative. 

I can be free minded and respect anyone’s opinions and beliefs. I can treat others with respect and dignity regardless of where they stand. But I just can’t follow a narrative that is obvious. It’s on both sides and this anarchy and violence needs to stop.

Don't you think the "anarchy and violence" would stop if police stopped attacking people? Any chance that the claim there is rampant "anarchy and violence" is blowing this way out of proportion?

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Don't you think the "anarchy and violence" would stop if police stopped attacking people? Any chance that the claim there is rampant "anarchy and violence" is blowing this way out of proportion?

Some of that may be the problem. But I feel most of the problems stem from antagonists in the crowd.

Many write ups state it’s always peaceful during the day. The protesters are actually gathered and doing what they need to do... but as time goes on, day turns to night, things start getting thrown at police, fires are being started, the protesters become more brash and more in your face.... 

In Portland the fact that individuals were destroyed a federal building, so federal officers were called in to curb the violence. The “protesters” didn’t like it. They retaliated and turned into a back and forth.

But the fact they are called protesters is irritating in itself. It’s protest during the day, instigate and destroy at night.

And I just have a difference  of opinion because I don’t think the police are just attacking people. Are innocent people being pulled in and harmed because of the action of police due to others inciting or at antagonizing? Yes...

Edited by CEN-CAL17

20 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Some of that may be the problem. But I feel most of the problems stem from antagonists in the crowd.

Many write ups state it’s always peaceful during the day. The protesters are actually gathered and doing what they need to do... but as time goes on, day turns to night, things start getting thrown at police, fires are being started, the protesters become more brash and more in your face.... 

In Portland the fact that individuals were destroyed a federal building, so federal officers were called in to curb the violence. The “protesters” didn’t like it. They retaliated and turned into a back and forth.

But the fact they are called protesters is irritating in itself. It’s protest during the day, instigate and destroy at night.

And I just have a difference  of opinion because I don’t think the police are just attacking people. Are innocent people being pulled in and harmed because of the action of police due to others inciting or at antagonizing? Yes...

So, when this happens someone instigates, and the police respond by escalating matters shooting into crowds and starting a riot.

The police aren't paid to escalate situations. They're supposed to be trained to de-escalate them. Instead what happens is someone throws a bottle, the police shoot into the crowd "in self defense" and then the crowd erupts "in self defense" of the violence that was just committed on them. It's a cycle that they could have prevented. They're the ones with chemical weapons, guns, riot gear, and qualified immunity.

Martin Gugino didn't throw any bottle at the Buffalo Police before they put him in the ICU for a month.
Brad Levi Ayala was just standing on a  beam when Austin police shot him in the head

David McAtee, a local business owner, was leaving a convenience store next to his business when the national guard shot him dead and left his body in the sun for 16 hours.

I mean there are dozens and dozens of similar examples

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/07/20/new-video-shows-tampa-police-attacking-peaceful-protesters-on-july-4

Edited by BullBuchanan

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So, when this happens someone instigates, and the police respond by escalating matters shooting into crowds and starting a riot.

The police aren't paid to escalate situations. They're supposed to be trained to de-escalate them. Instead what happens is someone throws a bottle, the police shoot into the crowd "in self defense" and then the crowd erupts "in self defense" of the violence that was just committed on them. It's a cycle that they could have prevented. They're the ones with chemical weapons, guns, riot gear, and qualified immunity.

Martin Gugino didn't throw any bottle at the Buffalo Police before they put him in the ICU for a month.
Brad Levi Ayala was just standing on a  beam when Austin police shot him in the head

David McAtee, a local business owner, was leaving a convenience store next to his business when the national guard shot him dead and left his body in the sun for 16 hours.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/07/20/new-video-shows-tampa-police-attacking-peaceful-protesters-on-july-4

I see where you’re coming from, but how many bottles from the crowd have to be thrown before you try to disperse the crowd?

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

All I can say is it’s a bad situation and I wouldn’t  advise my kids or any other kids to go down there at night. It’s asking a lot to have a hundred cops de-escalate a crowd of a thousand or multiple hundreds of people screaming from the get go. One bottles tossed, then another, then a couple more. What do you do?

Edited by CEN-CAL17

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

So how long is it going to take you to do something if someone is throwing rocks ; bricks ; bottles and whatever else at you? That is considered to be violent and would you not protect yourself or would you stand there and let people pummel you? What is your solution? Both sides are to blame and neither side is completely innocent in all this mess. 

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

DUDE. I dont use that term "Dude" but stop ok.. i get it..; the upside down flag, your BS defense of BLM.. Tiring.got it.. 

What? You're not making any sense.

1 hour ago, Devilmann said:

So how long is it going to take you to do something if someone is throwing rocks ; bricks ; bottles and whatever else at you? That is considered to be violent and would you not protect yourself or would you stand there and let people pummel you? What is your solution? Both sides are to blame and neither side is completely innocent in all this mess. 

I would stand there, because it would literally be my job. Of course I wouldn't murder, assault, or kidnap people either, so I don't think it would get to that point. There are tons of examples of what happens when cops approach protesters peacefully - everyone gets along and things stay peaceful. Unfortunately in many of those same examples, the cops turn around and teargas the people they just shook hands with after they get their photo op.

When cops show up in riot gear with chemical weapons and use kettling tactics, they're looking for a fight. I already shared several examples of cops starting unprovoked riots or shooting peaceful people.

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I see where you’re coming from, but how many bottles from the crowd have to be thrown before you try to disperse the crowd?

All I can say is it’s a bad situation and I wouldn’t  advise my kids or any other kids to go down there at night. It’s asking a lot to have a hundred cops de-escalate a crowd of a thousand or multiple hundreds of people screaming from the get go. One bottles tossed, then another, then a couple more. What do you do?

Infinite? It's Called "Civil Service", not "Civil Monarchy." If the police are afraid enough of a rampant bottle throwing epidemic, then there are plenty of other jobs where they would be less afraid. I'm tired of hearing about how police commit violent acts because they're scared. The video evidence shows otherwise. Police are violent because they enjoy it. They're violent because their OFFICIAL Training is called "Killology"

To be certain, Random Cop A is not required to have the judgement to handle this large of a crowd, but their LTs, Captains, and Police Commissioners are trained for this exact thing. It's a failure of police leadership, just as the assault, killings, and abductions are.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

DUDE. I dont use that term "Dude" but stop ok.. i get it..; the upside down flag, your BS defense of BLM.. Tiring.got it.. 

About that upside down flag. Seeing as it’s a universal signal for distress and a mayday call for immediate assistance, if someone genuinely feels our country is in distress, might it be an appropriate symbol to convey that sentiment? I just don’t see it as an automatic sign of disrespect or unpatriotic intent given what an upside down flag is meant to signify.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

You won’t because people have no interest in recording those incidents, it does not jive with the narrative.  Tony Timba is one that actually was taped. Go find that video and see how eerily similar it is to George Floyd, where was the outcry then? This ideology seeks to make race a factor again and pit the races against one another. I was taught to treat everyone the same, but now I’m told that view is racist. Does that not seem absolutely ridiculous on its face?

Its all out there for you to see, don’t take my word for it. You don’t know me any more than this message board. Don’t just listen to the narrative, do some digging and research on it. There’s a more sinister underbelly that is wrapped up in a pretty box of social justice propoganda.

If you say it happened, i'll take your word. Cops mess with anyone, that's why they're cops. Don't blame blacks for being outraged, maybe blame whites for not being outraged. I know an innocent white guy that was killed by cops in buffalo about 20 years ago. I'm sure it happens.

From the horses mouth:

Some points, a lot of gibberish, and some mixed messages here. No facts. Seems strangely intersectional on the Black and LGBTQ front....

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

What We Believe

Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we’ve all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.

These are the results of our collective efforts.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a *****‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

32 minutes ago, K-9 said:

About that upside down flag. Seeing as it’s a universal signal for distress and a mayday call for immediate assistance, if someone genuinely feels our country is in distress, might it be an appropriate symbol to convey that sentiment? I just don’t see it as an automatic sign of disrespect or unpatriotic intent given what an upside down flag is meant to signify.

Yes, Bull Buchanan / Billl /whatever other name is crying out for help. I feel his pain. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

In a word no. There are a ton of people who love to rail on the police. However, efforts to  diversify the police has fallen short. Why do you think that is? Its easier to B word and complain than to actually walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Its pretty damn easy to cast stones, but not so easy to contribute to improving things. 

Ask yourself and the general population who are rioting what they are rioting for. In most cases it will be a general statement about equality,  which is fine and dandy, but someone needs to outline what that is. What is the ultimate goal and how do we get there? As far as I can tell every citizen (and non citizens), have the same rights.

51 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Infinite? It's Called "Civil Service", not "Civil Monarchy." If the police are afraid enough of a rampant bottle throwing epidemic, then there are plenty of other jobs where they would be less afraid. I'm tired of hearing about how police commit violent acts because they're scared. The video evidence shows otherwise. Police are violent because they enjoy it. They're violent because their OFFICIAL Training is called "Killology"

To be certain, Random Cop A is not required to have the judgement to handle this large of a crowd, but their LTs, Captains, and Police Commissioners are trained for this exact thing. It's a failure of police leadership, just as the assault, killings, and abductions are.

You got it all figured out... you should write local law enforcement and state government and tell them the best way to handle it.

You make it seem so simple and it’s not. I wish things could be that easy and simple. But you understand there’s a lot you don’t know. Have you ever patrolled the streets? Or served in the military, know what it feels like to do a job and put your life on the line? Just curious?

Edited by CEN-CAL17

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

In a word no. There are a ton of people who love to rail on the police. However, efforts to  diversify the police has fallen short. Why do you think that is? Its easier to B word and complain than to actually walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Its pretty damn easy to cast stones, but not so easy to contribute to improving things. 

Ask yourself and the general population who are rioting what they are rioting for. In most cases it will be a general statement about equality,  which is fine and dandy, but someone needs to outline what that is. What is the ultimate goal and how do we get there? As far as I can tell every citizen (and non citizens), have the same rights.

1. Stop shooting and/or killing unarmed people

Once we get that one solved I can provide you with the rest of the points.

16 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

From the horses mouth:

Some points, a lot of gibberish, and some mixed messages here. No facts. Seems strangely intersectional on the Black and LGBTQ front....

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

What We Believe

Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we’ve all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.

These are the results of our collective efforts.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a *****‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

a lot to unpack here. 

• Like (+1) 1