Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

Equality the way you say it is not the way they (BLM) mean it. 

Who is they?  Who are you getting your information from?  

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dang, can we just lock this thread already? I think it has run its course....

What a silly post.  I know this is a super hard concept to understand but if you don’t want to post in something, ignore it.  While I haven’t read the whole thread, it’s been fairly civil this morning.  

this is the mindset that is ruining this country.  People would rather ignore inequality than address it.  And if you have a different point of view, it’s good to have a civil conversation about it.  Political ideologies have ruined this country.  Both sides suck and the truth is in the middle.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dear lord.  What is this?  

How do some you go through life making everything political?  If conservatives were for black lives, of course it would be supported.  If Trump could say black lives matter and not call their protestors thugs and animals (while praising armed white protestors as patriots), he would probably be re-elected.

thinking racial equality is political is absolutely idiotic.  Why does everything have to be political?  That Anthony wiener guy (so ironic) is a pervert regardless of party.  I thought Trump was a joke long before he ran for president and he has proven to one of the worst leaders ever.  Why is that a political opinion?  If he was a football coach, we could do this.  I don’t care if he’s republican or Democrat (which he was for a lot of his life)?

and you realize Mike Pence wasted tax payers dollars to stage a walk out at a Colts game, right?  How is that making sports political?

So you criticize a post being political but inject politics in yours?

Incredible stuff

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a silly post.  I know this is a super hard concept to understand but if you don’t want to post in something, ignore it.  While I haven’t read the whole thread, it’s been fairly civil this morning.  

this is the mindset that is ruining this country.  People would rather ignore inequality than address it.  And if you have a different point of view, it’s good to have a civil conversation about it.  Political ideologies have ruined this country.  Both sides suck and the truth is in the middle.  

Same goes for you, haha. If you don't like my post, ignore it.

So hypocritical.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was just pointing out how dumb it was.  Just stop posting in the thread brother.  No need to be a snitch and try to close it. 

I'll do whatever I want.

Close down this piece of crap thread, mods!

21 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I agree with this, and the message, except for one thing.  This isn't a case of a player using "their" platform.  A player took it upon himself to use "the teams" or "franchise owners" platform.  Its not the same thing.  If the player gained consent, that's another story.  Its no different than an employee of any business using their time at work to promote whatever it is they want to.  I get why it was done, but lets no omit the fact that this platform was hijacked.  

The players DID get authority from the top. These things are collectively bargained. The “Black Lives Matter” on the court in the bubble, for example, is an agreement between the players and league (ie ownership). The phrases on the backs of jerseys are the same thing. This was all agreed to by the parties. The only person, that I’ve seen, that has objected is Kelly Loeffler and her role as an owner of the Atlanta Dream. Other than that this has been a joint effort of ownership and players. 

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

So you criticize a post being political but inject politics in yours?

Incredible stuff

Huh? I called out both a Democrat and a Republican.  

I know plenty of republicans who think Trump is an idiot and hate that he is the face of the party.  Hell, even his biggest suck ups hated him until he won the nomination. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll do whatever I want.

Close down this piece of crap thread, mods!

Mods, your boss MJS is telling you want to do.  You better do it or else!!!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The players DID get authority from the top. These things are collectively bargained. The “Black Lives Matter” on the court in the bubble, for example, is an agreement between the players and league (ie ownership). The phrases on the backs of jerseys are the same thing. This was all agreed to by the parties. The only person, that I’ve seen, that has objected is Kelly Loeffler and her role as an owner of the Atlanta Dream. Other than that this has been a joint effort of ownership and players. 

I was talking about Kaep in the beginning.  

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I agree to a point. I’m open to everyone peacefully protesting, even on the field before the game. It doesn’t hurt me, and if it helps others more power to them. 

But i am kinda a “stick with sports” guy in that, once the games on I’d really like the commentary to be about the game and the game alone. 

I mean, I ignore friends and family online, I walk away during certain conversations at a bbq. I’m one for conversation but mostly it’s just a group of people slanted so far one way there’s no conversation to be had. 

Social media’s the same. Like minded people “liking” each other’s comments. The opposition always opposing. Same ol same ol. I turn on the game to get away from the constant onslaught. 

Like i said, I’m all for players protesting whatever way they feel helps. I just hope the conversation the entire game isn’t political, with political commercials, and political “uplifting” stories throughout. There is a point where it actually hurts the message, if overdone. And we know the NFL doesn’t get subtlety. 

That with covid, covid relief, etc. I don’t know if they’ll find time to talk about the game at all. 

You’re welcome to turn away from the games like you do social media. That’s the point. People are going to be people. I don’t disagree that it is going to be in your face at all times. You need to decide if you want to proceed watching knowing that will be the case. You have the option to keep going or to bow out. No one is forcing you, or anyone, to engage. The level that people will tolerate is different in all cases but it is personal. The players/league are coming to an agreement as to how they want to activate their platform and we decide if it is acceptable to us. For me, personally, I’m good either way. I’m not tuning in or out regardless of the message. Everyone is different though.

4 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Fair enough

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’re welcome to turn away from the games like you do social media. That’s the point. People are going to be people. I don’t disagree that it is going to be in your face at all times. You need to decide if you want to proceed watching knowing that will be the case. You have the option to keep going or to bow out. No one is forcing you, or anyone, to engage. The level that people will tolerate is different in all cases but it is personal. The players/league are coming to an agreement as to how they want to activate their platform and we decide if it is acceptable to us. For me, personally, I’m good either way. I’m not tuning in or out regardless of the message. Everyone is different though.

Fair enough

I was just offering my opinion on the subject in a non- confrontational-open-minded way. 

Thanks for letting me know I have the ability to turn my own tv off though. 

Fun conversation. Reminds me why I typically walk away from them. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, swimtoga said:

Point is, I’ve seen a lot of information saying their website says they’re Marxists and the want to destroy the nuclear family concept yet I can’t find a word about any of that on the BLM website. 

ok...where did you see "a lot of information" saying they are marxists and want to destroy the nuclear family ? you mean there are others like me that saw it , know it? 

4 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

ok...where did you see "a lot of information" saying they are marxists and want to destroy the nuclear family ? you mean there are others like me that saw it , know it? 

There are many people in this thread. like you, that are intentionally misquoting  a sentence to make it fit your claims, yes.

Edited by BullBuchanan

36 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Kaepernick and any teammate who wanted to, had the expressed permission from the 49ers to take a knee. 

12 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

really spoken like a true "patriot"  but clue me in.. WTH are you talking about?" 

We already went over this on page 19 where you suggested you can't be a family if there isn't a father present.

Based on your limited worldview it's no surprise that you also have a twisted view of "marxism".

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I said who it was in parenthesis. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was just offering my opinion on the subject in a non- confrontational-open-minded way. 

Thanks for letting me know I have the ability to turn my own tv off though. 

Fun conversation. Reminds me why I typically walk away from them. 

Wasn’t meant to be confrontational. I’m sorry that you took it as such. The point was that everyone has a different level of tolerance. What they don’t have is control to change what they don’t like. The only power that they have is to tune out and if enough people do the league may react to avoid losing more money. Your options are continue to engage or walk away. Those are the two options that we are presented with whether we like it or or.

It is personal. For me, I really don’t care either way. I’m going to continue watching regardless. Some people are done already. Some are watching kicking and screaming. The “stick to sports” people want all messages to be removed. Unfortunately for them I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It comes back to tolerance. When it becomes “too much” for a segment of people and the bottom line gets hit the leagues will react accordingly. What is the tipping point? At the moment it doesn’t feel like they believe that they are close to that tipping point. They have been much more vocal than before and that’s because the data shows that the message will widely be accepted. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wasn’t meant to be confrontational. I’m sorry that you took it as such. The point was that everyone has a different level of tolerance. What they don’t have is control to change what they don’t like. The only power that they have is to tune out and if enough people do the league may react to avoid losing more money. Your options are continue to engage or walk away. Those are the two options that we are presented with whether we like it or or.

It is personal. For me, I really don’t care either way. I’m going to continue watching regardless. Some people are done already. Some are watching kicking and screaming. The “stick to sports” people want all messages to be removed. Unfortunately for them I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It comes back to tolerance. When it becomes “too much” for a segment of people and the bottom line gets hit the leagues will react accordingly. What is the tipping point? At the moment it doesn’t feel like they believe that they are close to that tipping point. They have been much more vocal than before and that’s because the data shows that the message will widely be accepted. 

Okay, okay, maybe I did react too hastily. 

It kinda felt like I was being met with the “don’t like it, leave!” response. 

I agree with you, on most points, I just think the NFL is going to go it’s usual route and smash something in the watchers faces until they actually feel hostile about it. 

I feel this message deserves a little tact and subtlety. We need conversations, not opinions being pushed down throats. There’s entirely too much of that and it’s never coming from a place in the middle. It’s always leaning very far to one side. 

That will only serve to divide even more in my opinion. 

I much like yourself will not stop watching. I just hope they do it right is all. Because one thing we can all be sure of, is that they will in fact, do it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, StHustle said:

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who hate anything they dont feel included in? Its boils my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US OUT ?

-The overtly covert racist

Sheesh - we're you at Paula's donuts the other day?