Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I know mod work has to be thankless, lots of OT, and no compensation—but yes why hasn’t this been moved to the PPP swamp to gurgle itself out in? 

WHAT???  I heard the mods made MILLION$ off of this! They should take that money and retire to the islands in the winter. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Made a conscious decision not to dip my toe in that hot lava—am I missing out? :w00t:

Only if you’re into Russian bots, off the charts hypocrisy, and denial. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Expressing an opinion is unpatriotic?  Last I checked this country cherished freedom of speech.  And how the Bills acknowledge that may well impact the product in the field, in the form of team unity, free agent acquisitions, and player performance.  Sports and life have met again here. 

Nope. Not saying that. Not disagreeing with you. Not agreeing with you. Football is for football, GO BILLS!

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's called Ralph WIlson Stadium

Right now I believe it is named simply “The Stadium.”  Donating the name for a year (Be it to BLM, Roswell Park, Veterans, First Responders, etc) is an interesting idea. 

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

A political statement is just asking for controversy. Kneeling during our great national anthem is also going to cause great controversy and have the opposite affect. 

The national anthem is not a political statement?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, beavis said:

Well we left OJ's name up. That should count for something.

Ummm BLM still matters... I am fairly sure (without the benefit of DNA analysis) both Nicole Brown (ignore the color of the surname) and Ronald Goldman (again ignore the color embedded in the surname) were white.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the Bills should be promoting BLM the organization. BLM took a phrase and made it their organization name or at least that’s the way they got a nation to support them. So if you say “I am against Black Lives Matter” you sound racist. I am against these beliefs below, that the BLM organization believes, but I have the belief that the Lives of Blacks Matter. I think they should promote the belief that the lives of blacks matter, without saying that they are supporting the BLM organization. I don’t think most people realize that there is a difference between the Black Lives Matter organization and the phrase “Black Lives Matter”.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable”.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the Bills should be promoting BLM the organization. BLM took a phrase and made it their organization name or at least that’s the way they got a nation to support them. So if you say “I am against Black Lives Matter” you sound racist. I am against these beliefs below, that the BLM organization believes, but I have the belief that the Lives of Blacks Matter. I think they should promote the belief that the lives of blacks matter, without saying that they are supporting the BLM organization. I don’t think most people realize that there is a difference between the Black Lives Matter organization and the phrase “Black Lives Matter”.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable”.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

You don't have to support the movement to not be racist. All you have to do is not be racist

So many ways to honor the contributions of African Americans in WNY. Perhaps one idea would be creating a school similar to what LeBron James did back in Akron, OH “I Promise”. There are many ideas but one way we can all help show solidarity is by patronizing black owned businesses. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

So it looks like the issue we seem to be having is at the starting point of the debate...There are some who see America as a free, democratic nation and others who see it as a fascist dictatorship...

You nailed it right on the head.

Though I don't know how you could argue the latter

21 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The national anthem is not a political statement?

What I’ve noticed with people is everything they disagree with is somehow political, but the things they agree on is apolitical. 

• Haha (+1) 1