Black Lives Matter Messaging at "The Stadium"

SectionC3

It hasn't hit the news yet, but as of this morning the Bills converted the video boards around the exterior of the stadium from their usual purpose of playing highlights (24/7, even in the dead of night in the dead of winter) to tools to convey the message that "Black Lives Matter" (in white text over a black background).  It's good messaging to employees reporting to work for the first time this season, and it's an interesting approach given McDermott's ambiguity with respect to kneeling for the national anthem and the Red Sox messaging of last week.  

It also caused me to wonder whether the Pegulas will donate the name of the stadium for the season to a charitable cause in the absence of a naming rights sponsor.  I'm not sure Black Lives Matter Stadium would apply to a particular charity, but it might be something the NFL would like.  To the extent the Bills identify a worthy charitable recipient, I wonder if the value of the forgone naming rights deal might help a bit with respect to taxes. 

In any event, good on the Bills for putting those video boards to good use. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It hasn't hit the news yet, but as of this morning the Bills converted the video boards around the exterior of the stadium from their usual purpose of playing highlights (24/7, even in the dead of night in the dead of winter) to tools to convey the message that "Black Lives Matter" (in white text over a black background).  It's good messaging to employees reporting to work for the first time this season, and it's an interesting approach given McDermott's ambiguity with respect to kneeling for the national anthem and the Red Sox messaging of last week.  

It also caused me to wonder whether the Pegulas will donate the name of the stadium for the season to a charitable cause in the absence of a naming rights sponsor.  I'm not sure Black Lives Matter Stadium would apply to a particular charity, but it might be something the NFL would like.  To the extent the Bills identify a worthy charitable recipient, I wonder if the value of the forgone naming rights deal might help a bit with respect to taxes. 

In any event, good on the Bills for putting those video boards to good use. 

he wasn’t ambiguous as much he was simply avoiding controversy by saying he will always support the players. It’s actually refreshing to see the maturity of acknowledging there is a conversation around the topic of kneeling during the anthem as opposed to the childish thought process that one must pick a side and the opposing side is wrong/evil/stupid/racist/unpatriotic etc. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who hate anything they dont feel included in? Its boils my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US OUT ?

-The overtly covert racist

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Its not about "black lives"  matter or any other "cause du jour" BLM is a marxist organization.. look at their website .. All the weenie leagues and Companies giving them money are pathetic.. i guess all the predictable barbs will come..

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 22
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 10

19 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who feel left out hate anything they dont feel included in? Its build my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE ME OUT ?

Your going to get blasted for that remark on this board.

But i here what you are saying 

Setting that is sponsored by the democrats goes against everything the NFL stands for.  I do not qualify for the 1200 check or unemployment. A lot of people have and some of them have not even had a job for 2 years but they still get the 600 a week. I was in the military and was shot at albit from drug rulers but I do know what it sounds like when small arms hit your helicopter. I also apply every year for grants to 5 different cities to work on my rental properties I never get any money 20 years friends always do.

Granted since college my best friends are 

Muslims (turkish)

Porta ricons

And 5 what I call my brothers and they are the fun ones always there for me and each other since I have no family.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm DONE with this team. With The Stadium. With the NFL. How dare they post messaging that says black lives matter. What about the other entitled races who hate anything they dont feel included in? Its boils my blood anytime I hear the phrase "Black Lives Matter" HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US OUT ?

Well we left OJ's name up. That should count for something.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Granted since college my best friends are 

Muslims (turkish)

Porta ricons

Some of your best friends are “porta ricons?”

Must be very close. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Must be very close. 

Give him a break.  I have plenty of friends who are Mecks a cans also.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

Its not about "black lives"  matter or any other "cause du jour" BLM is a marxist organization.. look at their website .. All the weenie leagues and Companies giving them money are pathetic.. i guess all the predictable barbs will come..

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bh03ib38vu4xiq4iapd

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bh03ib38vu4xiq4iapd

He's really totally not wrong. Go to their website and it's full of marxist ideologies

Of course black people's lives matter. but their website is full of anti-family and Marxist ideas. one sentence on their website says their goal is to disrupt the Western nuclear family

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Must be very close. 

Those Muslims and Porta Ricons ALWAYS get all those city grants for THEIR rental properties.....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's really totally not wrong. Go to their website and it's full of marxist ideologies

Of course black people's lives matter. but their website is full of anti-family and Marxist ideas

Ohhh...is that what "Antifa" stands for?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Those Muslims and Porta Ricons ALWAYS get all those city grants for THEIR rental properties.....

Ohhh...is that what "Antifa" stands for?

It definitely doesn't stand for anti-fascist. Because everything they're doing is fascist

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1