In Honor of National Chicken Wing Day - Drums or Flats?

Drums or Flats?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat the drums or the flats?

• Drums
    • Flats
    • Both
    • Neither (You can leave your Bills Fan card at the door on your way out)

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Cold, soggy, and old?

To each their own but why?!

Next time you tailgate, get cooked wings the night before. Wrap em in foil and let them just rest in the refrigerator overnight. Cook them completely wrapped in foil on the grill. Flip after a little while (time depends on the heat) It gives it this awesome char while the sauce kind of caramelizes. Delicious.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Dunno.  They're good!  I can't be alone on this one.

Definitely not soggy.

It's been my experience that once fried wings cool down on the plate or are in the fridge for a bit of time they lose the crispiness they once had if not reheated properly

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Next time you tailgate, get cooked wings the night before. Wrap em in foil and let them just rest in the refrigerator overnight. Cook them completely wrapped in foil on the grill. Flip after a little while (time depends on the heat) It gives it this awesome char while the sauce kind of caramelizes. Delicious.

Now this I do often with leftover wings and how my dad used to do them at tailgates. 

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Dunno.  They're good!  I can't be alone on this one.

Definitely not soggy.

My girl (at the time) and I drove home after the Jax game in 2018 Thanksgiving weekend, and we ate cold wings in the car. I'd rather have cold, firm wings than warm, soft, soggy wings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

This sounds good, too.  I'm not inflexible.

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

It's been my experience that once fried wings cool down on the plate or are in the fridge for a bit of time they lose the crispiness they once had.

Yes, this is true, but when cold, they aren't expected to be crisp.

The meat tightens up a bit and they don't lose any flavor.

• Like (+1) 3

https://thetylt.com/culture/chicken-wings-drumsticks-flats#:~:text=Flats are far superior when,it's not even a contest.&text=Drumsticks tend to have more,ranch or extra buffalo sauce.

“The flat is by far the more enjoyable wing for a few reasons. One, the meat in the middle tends to be more tender. Two, it’s actually easier for some to eat in one bite. Three, it can be deceiving but the flat has more meat on it.” --

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have 1964 standards, not 2020, unlike YOU, good sir!

image.png.40294433114261989f21047b31e47b1c.png

image.thumb.png.99771be87772972395e9e9ea7c0dcbb1.png

As I recall, only one member of our party had troubles with the service. In fact, I had such service that I barely recall!  Maybe they are just picky about who they serve???

:)

As for wings, I’m guessing @Royale with Cheese prefers his from the Magic City Club here in Atlanta....... I hear they are life changing! 

Edited by Augie