Bengals and Burrow agree on 4 yr 36.1 million deal

Greg S

I think Burrow is going to be a top 10 QB in this league for a long time. He has incredible accuracy, especially on the deep passes. If they actually build around him, unlike Brown has done in some other instances, then I would expect the Bengals to actually be on the rise. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Burrow is going to be a top 10 QB in this league for a long time. He has incredible accuracy, especially on the deep passes. If they actually build around him, unlike Brown has done in some other instances, then I would expect the Bengals to actually be on the rise. 

I think this is kinda of outdated knock against the Bengals.  They were loaded for a few years.  They have a really good receiving core of AJ can stay healthy (big if) and they have the woman puncher at RB (missed the outrage when he got drafted).  They have a really good foundation for a young qb.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think this is kinda of outdated knock against the Bengals.  They were loaded for a few years.  They have a really good receiving core of AJ can stay healthy (big if) and they have the woman puncher at RB (missed the outrage when he got drafted).  They have a really good foundation for a young qb.

We'll see how their OL pans out, the TE position is a question mark, and their RB situation after Mixon is a bit murky. They did have a solid draft all the way around imo though. If Tee Higgins turns into a solid contributor, and they can ever get something consistent out of Ross, then the WR depth chart looks really good. I like what the rookie Khalid Kareem brings off of the edge on that defense, but I'm also a Notre Dame homer. I also like the two LB's they drafted in Wilson and Davis-Gaither. I think Davis-Gaither is gonna be an impact player for them out of the gate. Adding Reader to play with Atkins was HUGE for that defensive front. They might surprise some people this year. My thinking on Brown though is how will he handle things long term and if he will do what is necessary to get the best team around Burrow. 

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's got that certain "Je ne sais quoi".  Moxie maybe... i dunno.  He doesn't have the best arm but hes a really good QB.  He moves alright, throws well when moving, has nice touch on the deep ball.  Seems like his timing has always been solid.  Isn't afraid to throw those backshoulders, or into tight windows.  I also think he'll be good.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He's got that certain "Je ne sais quoi".  Moxie maybe... i dunno.  He doesn't have the best arm but hes a really good QB.  He moves alright, throws well when moving, has nice touch on the deep ball.  Seems like his timing has always been solid.  Isn't afraid to throw those backshoulders, or into tight windows.  I also think he'll be good.  

the thing I always say in these threads is that he checks all the physical boxes but also really seems to get the game. Plenty of on field post game interviews where he was able to spot out “we saw this on film but they tweaked it a bit so we attacked it by doing that” type of comments that were very on point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the thing I always say in these threads is that he checks all the physical boxes but also really seems to get the game. Plenty of on field post game interviews where he was able to spot out “we saw this on film but they tweaked it a bit so we attacked it by doing that” type of comments that were very on point.

Yeah, thats where the money's made at QB.  Physical talent doesn't mean as much.  There's definitely a place where your arm strength needs to be to be viable, and i think he's there.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.

From 2009-2015 they were 66-45-1, with 6 playoffs in 7 years.  

54 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He was essentially flawless last season.  My only concern is his age.  He’ll turn 24 in a few months.  I’m always leery of college QBs who are considerably older than the majority of their competition.  We saw guys like Brandon Weeden and Chris Weinke tear it up in college only to flame out in the league.  For comparison, if Pat Mahomes had played in college in 2018, he’d have been the same age that Burrow was last year.  If Sam Darnold were to play in college next season, he’d only be 6 months older than Burrow was last season.

I don’t know how much that matters, but it’s a pretty big red flag to me.  Given that it’s basically only one of two (the other being that he was a bit of a one year wonder), I’m still high on him as a prospect, but I can’t quite put him up there with Lawrence, Luck, or Manning in terms of “can’t miss” QB prospects.

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was essentially flawless last season.  My only concern is his age.  He’ll turn 24 in a few months.  I’m always leery of college QBs who are considerably older than the majority of their competition.  We saw guys like Brandon Weeden and Chris Weinke tear it up in college only to flame out in the league.  For comparison, if Pat Mahomes had played in college in 2018, he’d have been the same age that Burrow was last year.  If Sam Darnold were to play in college next season, he’d only be 6 months older than Burrow was last season.

I don’t know how much that matters, but it’s a pretty big red flag to me.  Given that it’s basically only one of two (the other being that he was a bit of a one year wonder), I’m still high on him as a prospect, but I can’t quite put him up there with Lawrence, Luck, or Manning in terms of “can’t miss” QB prospects.

That’s a very fair concern.  Plus, LSU was absolutely loaded last year.  Love the dude’s moxie.  He seems to have it but as you said, he’s not an all time type prospect.  I think Tua would have gone number 1 if not for the injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s really odd you missed it. Especially because you even posted in the “should we draft Joe Mixon” topic.

Have you been taking your vitamins?

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

That’s really odd you missed it. Especially because you even posted in the “should we draft Joe Mixon” topic.

Have you been taking your vitamins?

You aren’t that smart are you?  In a 6 page thread (6 pages - what outrage!!!), I posted that it’s a joke fans are fine with drafting Mixon yet fake Captain Americas lose their mind over a guy protesting.  

so to recap, women beater = 6 pages, zero snowflakes threatening to quit watching.  Silent protest = 100 page threads, a million temper tantrums to quit watching the nfl. 

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And what was their playoff record during those years?

They didn’t win a game.  Not sure what the point is.  In 2015, they might have been the best team in the nfl and Dalton got hurt,