2020 Hurricane Season

T&C

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Not really. Move to Cleveland. There are safer areas  to avoid natural disaster.  I believe they rank the odds.  Cleveland, Ohio I think is #2.  🤣 🤣 

Go figure,  Cleveland was founded because that's where they got sick and had to stay.  😆 

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- CBS News is touting Cleveland as the second-safest city in the country when it comes to natural disasters, according to 2013 data. So move to Cleveland, where we rank only behind Syracuse, New York, where we have few wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods and hurricanes!Sep 8, 2017"

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2017/09/cleveland_ranks_2nd_in_list_of.html#:~:text=CLEVELAND%2C Ohio -- CBS News,%2C earthquakes%2C floods and hurricanes!

YOU CAN”T MAKE ME!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This might not be in our area but 195+MPH sustained winds is scary no matter where in the world you are.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-10-31-super-typhoon-goni-philippines-vietnam-haiyan

I lived in prime hurricane territory for three decades. I never fretted much, but would run away for a Cat 4 or 5. 

We live in Atlanta now, FAR from serious danger, I thought. The last one to pass thru (I don’t even pay attention to the names now being so far removed) may have turned my satellite dish a bit. It took down trees in the neighborhood and hit some houses badly. 

We also got a new TV today and paid some guy to hook it up as well as get our new internet provider up to speed. He’s awesome, but DTV will not come back on line. ZERO help from the many people we spoke to. Supervisor after supervisor.

Over the years I’ve just “gone along”. I see the “how good of a deal did you get” threads. I always offered my full pay to subsidize the others, I’ll just pay more so you can pay less. I was just lazy, not generous. 

THEY HAVE PISSED ME OFF!  

I PAY A FORTUNE TO SEE BILLS GAMES!

If I miss one game I want the year for free. 

I have other options, they have just shat themselves for the last time. 

Rant over. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 10:01 PM, Augie said:

I lived in prime hurricane territory for three decades. I never fretted much, but would run away for a Cat 4 or 5. 

We live in Atlanta now, FAR from serious danger, I thought. The last one to pass thru (I don’t even pay attention to the names now being so far removed) may have turned my satellite dish a bit. It took down trees in the neighborhood and hit some houses badly. 

We also got a new TV today and paid some guy to hook it up as well as get our new internet provider up to speed. He’s awesome, but DTV will not come back on line. ZERO help from the many people we spoke to. Supervisor after supervisor.

Over the years I’ve just “gone along”. I see the “how good of a deal did you get” threads. I always offered my full pay to subsidize the others, I’ll just pay more so you can pay less. I was just lazy, not generous. 

THEY HAVE PISSED ME OFF!  

I PAY A FORTUNE TO SEE BILLS GAMES!

If I miss one game I want the year for free. 

I have other options, they have just shat themselves for the last time. 

Rant over. 

That was Category 6 Augie ladies and gentlemen:lol:

Week and a half ago I went to my cabin in the NC mountains. Next morning the remnants of that Gulf Hurricane hit and we lost power for 3 days.(thank god I have a generac)  Came back to Florida last night and getting lashed by a Tropical storm..LOl

On 11/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, Fires said:

Week and a half ago I went to my cabin in the NC mountains. Next morning the remnants of that Gulf Hurricane hit and we lost power for 3 days.(thank god I have a generac)  Came back to Florida last night and getting lashed by a Tropical storm..LOl

This is one of the weirdest storm tracks I've seen in a long time.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/weather/tropical

34 minutes ago, Fires said:

I know... Its like Jeanne in 04. Did a complete circle and hit me 3 weeks after Francis. 

I have a 7' by 5" piece of oak in a corner from that storm that I'll eventually turn into something. Ripped it right out of the middle of the tree. Glad this one is cruising along at a good speed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.