2020 Hurricane Season

T&C

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I’ve never heard the phrase unsurvivable with hurricanes.  That’s awful 

As far as I've heard there was 1 death reported due to the storm... a 14yr old girl killed when a tree fell on her house. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, NoSaint said:

ready for the double hurricane hitting the gulf next week. Very on brand for 2020

Well, get ready again... Sally is projected to be a Cat.2 now and it looks like it could hit the same place as the one a few weeks ago. Good luck.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

After they run the alphabet French-English-Spanish names in Western Hemisphere,  they use Greek Alphabet.   But there are many names to alternate in when a destructive storm forces them to retire a name.

Question... What replaces a retired Greek Alphabet letter for a destructive storm?

The 💩 emoji???

Build more swamps.  People  don't live in swamps.   Create a buffer zone.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Mother nature really doesn't want that region of the US to be on the map anymore.

She wants it there, it will remain there.  She just doesn't want people to live there.  Here's a novel idea.   How about not living in a danger zone.  I will meet 1/2 way... How about not promoting people to live in dangerous areas, Mother Nature is trying to make it a disincentive,  yet governments make it an incentive.   How about shoot for limits on people and create less habitable lands directly on coasts? Ie: Build swamps.   😆 Yet, we throw high rises up right on ocean. /smh

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Build more swamps.  People  don't live in swamps.   Create a buffer zone.

She wants it there, it will remain there.  She just doesn't want people to live there.  Here's a novel idea.   How about not living in a danger zone.  I will meet 1/2 way... How about not promoting people to live in dangerous areas, Mother Nature is trying to make it a disincentive,  yet governments make it an incentive.   How about shoot for limits on people and create less habitable lands directly on coasts? Ie: Build swamps.   😆 Yet, we throw high rises up right on ocean. /smh

Lol no matter where you live you have a mother nature problem.

16 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Lol no matter where you live you have a mother nature problem.

No.  Not really. Move to Cleveland. There are safer areas  to avoid natural disaster.  I believe they rank the odds.  Cleveland, Ohio I think is #2.  🤣 🤣 

Go figure,  Cleveland was founded because that's where they got sick and had to stay.  😆 

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- CBS News is touting Cleveland as the second-safest city in the country when it comes to natural disasters, according to 2013 data. So move to Cleveland, where we rank only behind Syracuse, New York, where we have few wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods and hurricanes!Sep 8, 2017"

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2017/09/cleveland_ranks_2nd_in_list_of.html#:~:text=CLEVELAND%2C Ohio -- CBS News,%2C earthquakes%2C floods and hurricanes!

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Not really. Move to Cleveland. There are safer areas  to avoid natural disaster.  I believe they rank the odds.  Cleveland, Ohio I think is #2.  🤣 🤣 

Go figure,  Cleveland was founded because that's where they got sick and had to stay.  😆 

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- CBS News is touting Cleveland as the second-safest city in the country when it comes to natural disasters, according to 2013 data. So move to Cleveland, where we rank only behind Syracuse, New York, where we have few wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods and hurricanes!Sep 8, 2017"

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2017/09/cleveland_ranks_2nd_in_list_of.html#:~:text=CLEVELAND%2C Ohio -- CBS News,%2C earthquakes%2C floods and hurricanes!

Ok... 

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.