Sign in to follow this  
JR in Pittsburgh

My proposal for the NFL season

4 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Testing is overrated. We have a lot of cases because we do more testing than any other country in the world. If we didn't do all this testing, we wouldn't have so many cases. Having said that, once we have the best and most perfect vaccine distributed, we will all test negatively...in a positive way...

The positivity rate in tests for autism in children will go through the roof though.

could be plan B - kind of like what NBA and MLB have done to adjust...lets see..first indicator is the first round of testing results coming out soon...

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The positivity rate in tests for autism in children will go through the roof though.

The CDC can hand out T-shirts that say; 

“Vaccines cause old age” 

• Like (+1) 1

How about this plan...plan to play a full season until conditions warrant otherwise??

I think regular season games in the north in middle of winter will not go well.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I like it OP, and would get us past the inevitable Fall wave as stated—with any luck we might have good vax news or at least therapeutics to help as well. Bring on the Patriots!!! Oh, and if you could figure out a way to have us play Brady once, I’d be stoked provided our roster isn’t depleted at that point...

Yes Chef!!!

:)

The Bills would be 8-1, by my calculation.

5-1 regular season.

2-0 in the AFC Playoffs.  AFC Championship game in Buffalo.  I believe KC is better, but I have this feeling they would slip up...going 4-2 out West.  

1-0 with the Super Bowl win over the Bucs.  

Side note:  I make no imposition upon the board members with the scenario above, but for the record my hair also grows back and I lose 40 lbs.  Just for those of you who need the whole picture painted.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And everybody will have a chicken in their pot. 

No - a special steak.

Oh, wait - those were discontinued after two months..

Yeah. Or we could just skip it altogether. After all these years being the laughing stock of the league, nothing thrills me more than spending the rest of my life hearing how the Bills SuperBowl victory didn’t count because it wasn’t a real season. 

At midnight on New Year's Eve in Canton, drop the ball at the 50 yard line center field. On the field are all 22 starters of all 32 NFL teams. The first player who gets the ball across any goal line gets a ring and a million straight cash.

6 games isn't enough especially when the 1st few games are the preseason. Need at least 8 imo. 

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But I have reservations in Tampa for the 1st week in February!

I'm not sure I'd wait till Jan to start, would be more inclined to play it by eat and see how things look in Oct, maybe you could start earlier.  Overall can't argue with the six week concept.

A six week season would makes a bubble practical, only issue would be the players would be in a bubble over the holidays, doubt that would go over too well.

Or start Sept 15th in a bubble for camp, season starts Nov 1st, ends before X-mas.  Take off over the holidays then the teams in the playoffs go back into the bubble Jan 2nd

If they can leave and come back, then it's not a bubble.  The point of the bubble is to have them all quarantined together for the duration, not give them a holiday to go out and get infected and bring it back in.  Unless you plan to have operations halted for another two weeks after you bring them back in while you quarantine the entirety of the playoff rosters.

41 minutes ago, beavis said:

At midnight on New Year's Eve in Canton, drop the ball at the 50 yard line center field. On the field are all 22 starters of all 32 NFL teams. The first player who gets the ball across any goal line gets a ring and a million straight cash.

So, XFL 1.0 basically. 

2 hours ago, WickedGame said:

Yeah. Or we could just skip it altogether. After all these years being the laughing stock of the league, nothing thrills me more than spending the rest of my life hearing how the Bills SuperBowl victory didn’t count because it wasn’t a real season. 

So you would rather no Super Bowl title at all because you're scared at what some pissy Patriots fans would say?

As long as it's not through blatant cheating, I'll take any championships I can get, thanks.  ALL of our victories "don't count" to someone, even the most legit championship possible still wouldn't count to haters.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:03 PM, 1ManRaid said:

So, XFL 1.0 basically. 

So you would rather no Super Bowl title at all because you're scared at what some pissy Patriots fans would say?

As long as it's not through blatant cheating, I'll take any championships I can get, thanks.  ALL of our victories "don't count" to someone, even the most legit championship possible still wouldn't count to haters.

Sorry, but it’s kinda like winning the preseason for me: It’s better than losing and better than nothing, but winning a watered down season with a fraction of the games, players opting out, and an expanded playoff field just doesn’t do it for me.

The point of a measuring stick is to see how you compare...measuring this team compared to a shortened measuring stick doesn’t make me feel all warm and fuzzy that we achieved greatness.

Why don’t we just host a Madden tournament Instead?

Edited by WickedGame