Sweeney on Pup list

31 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

My pup list goes

#1 Cocker Spaniel

#2 German Shepherd

#3 Border Collie

#4 Golden Retriever

#5 Any lab

Your #4 is my #1. I’m on the list for a PUP to join my 11 year old in the fall! She loves PUPs! 

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you for the update, BillsMafi$.

So much has gone on this off season i can't remember whether this is some previous condition.

I don't believe it is. 

He played in the Week 17 game against the Jets.  5 targets 5 receptions 76 yds.  Fundamentally he and Duke Williams were the only offense that game.

Pretty sure Sweeney also participated in that Florida workout with Josh etc.

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Feels like Kroft last year. Hopefully he doesn't reinjure it like Kroft did trying to come back too quickly. Leaves us with Knox, Unofficial OT Lee Smith, and the oft-injured Kroft. Wouldn't hate a move for Njoku. 

Jason Croom

Nate Becker

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

My pup list goes

#1 Cocker Spaniel

#2 German Shepherd

#3 Border Collie

#4 Golden Retriever

#5 Any lab

Cocker spaniel #1?  We had a male with mental issues along with the other problems with the breed.  I’d never get another.  Our shepherd was great.   Now we have a chihuahua with mental issues.  My wife picked them all so she’s 1 for 3.

9 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Cocker spaniel #1?  We had a male with mental issues along with the other problems with the breed.  I’d never get another.  Our shepherd was great.   Now we have a chihuahua with mental issues.  My wife picked them all so she’s 1 for 3.

#1 by default. I got my spaniel when I was in my mid 20's and he's been my guy for 10 years and he's been the only dog I've had and he's awesome. I grew up with Shepherds and loved them and the other dogs are just the type of dogs my siblings have. the only issue I have run into with my cocker spaniel was ear infections when he was little.

15 hours ago, dneveu said:

I honestly feel like croom has more upside than Sweeney.  Sweeney's a bit of that old school, in-line tight end - doesn't have particularly good hands, and isn't a particularly good blocker.  

If injuries hit the position there are a fair amount of good options in free agency as well.  Jordan reed has injury issues but has shown he's a good player when healthy.  Could kick the tires on Delanie walker, darren fells, or even charles clay.  Then theres like that next tier of Luke Stocker type guys that can function as backups. 

I'm fine with the 4 they have there now.  If Kroft suffers another injury that will cost him time, or Knox gets hurt - it becomes more of an issue.  Do you trust smith and croom?  I'm not sure. Something to keep an eye on in camp.

He only had 13 targets, but I thought he looked pretty good.  I think he is already halfway to Croom's yardage total and more polished as a blocker. I think Croom was a better fit before they upgraded the wide receivers and needed more of a hybrid. His spot is probably safe though for as long as he wants it lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

He only had 13 targets, but I thought he looked pretty good.  I think he is already halfway to Croom's yardage total and more polished as a blocker. I think Croom was a better fit before they upgraded the wide receivers and needed more of a hybrid. His spot is probably safe though for as long as he wants it lol. 

I always appreciated when NE would go with a 12 personnel grouping, and just absolutely gash you with an empty set.  Croom and Knox would be able to hurt you more there.  

I saw nothing in sweeneys game to indicate he'll ever be more than a backup.  You can find backup TE's, especially ones that run a 4.83.

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What -if anything- is the difference between active/inactive PUP??

If you're physically unable to perform, aren’t you physically unable to perform? 

I do not know the answer, imo this is a roster manipulation thing, like putting Vosean Joseph on IR last year. Jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What -if anything- is the difference between active/inactive PUP??

If you're physically unable to perform, aren’t you physically unable to perform? 

Active PUP is what they get put on in training camp. As soon as the player is cleared to practice he comes off the list and can practice immediately.

The inactive list (actually reserve PUP) is what the player has to go on if he can't start the regular season. At that point the player is ineligible to play or practice for 6 weeks.

Active PUP counts against the applicable 80/90 man roster etc.

Reserve PUP does not count against the 53 man roster.

Edited by Tuco
  • Thank you (+1) 2