Sweeney on Pup list

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Feels like Kroft last year. Hopefully he doesn't reinjure it like Kroft did trying to come back too quickly. Leaves us with Knox, Unofficial OT Everyone's favorite penalty machine Lee Smith, and the oft-injured Kroft. Wouldn't hate a move for Njoku. 

FIFY

• Haha (+1) 5

What is actually is up with Sweeney’s foot?  Or is this a ploy to have him available later and ease of roster manipulation? 

Go Bills!!!

30 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Feels like Kroft last year. Hopefully he doesn't reinjure it like Kroft did trying to come back too quickly. Leaves us with Knox, Unofficial OT Lee Smith, and the oft-injured Kroft. Wouldn't hate a move for Njoku. 

Don't forget Croom.  He missed last season, but wasn't at all bad the previous year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cage said:

Don't forget Croom.  He missed last season, but wasn't at all bad the previous year.

I honestly feel like croom has more upside than Sweeney.  Sweeney's a bit of that old school, in-line tight end - doesn't have particularly good hands, and isn't a particularly good blocker.  

If injuries hit the position there are a fair amount of good options in free agency as well.  Jordan reed has injury issues but has shown he's a good player when healthy.  Could kick the tires on Delanie walker, darren fells, or even charles clay.  Then theres like that next tier of Luke Stocker type guys that can function as backups. 

I'm fine with the 4 they have there now.  If Kroft suffers another injury that will cost him time, or Knox gets hurt - it becomes more of an issue.  Do you trust smith and croom?  I'm not sure. Something to keep an eye on in camp.

Edited by dneveu

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I honestly feel like croom has more upside than Sweeney.  Sweeney's a bit of that old school, in-line tight end - doesn't have particularly good hands, and isn't a particularly good blocker.  

If injuries hit the position there are a fair amount of good options in free agency as well.  Jordan reed has injury issues but has shown he's a good player when healthy.  Could kick the tires on Delanie walker, darren fells, or even charles clay.  Then theres like that next tier of Luke Stocker type guys that can function as backups. 

I'm fine with the 4 they have there now.  If Kroft suffers another injury that will cost him time, or Knox gets hurt - it becomes more of an issue.  Do you trust smith and croom?  I'm not sure. Something to keep an eye on in camp.

Croom is more explosive but I like Sweeney overall game. Would make a great TE2

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like Sweeney.  This could be a developmental year for him if he can make it back.  He really needs to make it back.  I have serious doubts Kroft will be here in 2021, and not a real Smith fan, so we need him to have some growing pains this year if we can get him back for awhile.  I want to be wrong on Kroft, and hope he has an outstanding year so we can hold onto him.  It’s not like I dislike the guy, just want our unit to be better.  Maybe Croom will have a breakout year.