Star Lotulelei opting out for 2020

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I thought you meant like an NFL star, but you meant Star Lotulelei. Big difference.

I'm actually happy for the younger guys and the new free agents to take his playing time.

Til our run d leaks like a sieve. What he provided was so under the radar. He was our only consistent player on the interior of the line. And he ate blocks like the cookie monster eats cookies. IMO, his skill set will be missed more than folks here think. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s one comment in one thread on one bills message board.  Stop thinking it’s more than it is.  

yes.  I hope there’s a season.  I’m praying that they can somehow make this happen.  Seeing that the Marlins now have 18 positive tests (among other things), in a non contact sport makes me think that this is very unlikely to work.  

sorry I’m not as positive as you and others.  Use the ignore function if I’m draining your soul 

The Marlins are an example of being idiots.

You want to make a stand on that hill?

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Til our run d leaks like a sieve. What he provided was so under the radar. He was our only consistent player on the interior of the line. And he ate blocks like the cookie monster eats cookies. IMO, his skill set will be missed more than folks here think. 

I think Harrison Phillips can fill that role. And I think he has more upside than Star.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I love how i'm listening to WGR on the Radio.com app at work and Schopp/Bulldog, as of 3:15, haven't even mentioned Star optiing-out.  They've talked about the Patriots opt-outs, and a bunch of Marlins baseball discussion along with a whole bunch of random nonsense... but the one Bills player who opted-out, to lead the show...nothing.   

I turned on WEEI to get their thoughts on the Pats opt outs and they were talking Red Sox .... 

Just now, MJS said:

I think Harrison Phillips can fill that role. And I think he has more upside than Star.

I love his upside too. I loved the pick when it was made. He led Stanford in tackels. As a NT! Still, IMO, Star will be missed ton.

17 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

The positive: now there's no extreme, pass-rush liability on passing downs.

Also we will get a full assessment of Harrison. With star they would rotate, Harrison might still rotate but not nearly as much now. We will see if he's the guy this year.

Every time I read his name in an article or tweet I think "why do they keep calling him a star? There's no way he's a ***** star at DT!" then I remember it's his name. 

As to the news, I'm not too concerned with Harry coming back and the additional help they brought in via free agency to go with Oliver

48 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Also we will get a full assessment of Harrison. With star they would rotate, Harrison might still rotate but not nearly as much now. We will see if he's the guy this year.

'

Sometimes I felt they had Lotulelei out there so that the signing/large contract would be questioned less. Up to this point Harrison Phillips hasn't struck me as a guy who can take on two blockers by himself, but one-on-one I think he can be pretty effective. It's now or never for Phillips to become an anchor in the interior.