Star Lotulelei opting out for 2020

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

:(

I am this virus' soupe du jour...hell, soup of the year.

Over 50:  ✔️

Obese (based upon 6' and over 220lbs): ✔️

Type 2 Diabetic: ✔️

Respiratory issues: ✔️

And based upon a recent article...baldness: ✔️

I wear a mask, social distance and wash my hands...but man I am Jesse Ventura to the virus' Predator.

Well I have Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Disease and 44 years old. I’m right with you bro

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wonder if this could turn into a situation where the Bills "threaten" Star with making the team next year and having to play to get his money, in order to push him to be the one to retire so we get that money back.

What if he shows up in camp out of shape and cannot pass fitness test?

There was a DT who was given a new contract and next year showed up out of shape and did not make roster. Then he worked on his fitness and was resigned in October by New England I think.

36 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There was a DT who was given a new contract and next year showed up out of shape and did not make roster. Then he worked on his fitness and was resigned in October by New England I think.

What happens today to any player that shows up, cant pass the fitness test, but stays on the team? They still get paid for being held out as a fatass?

On 7/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, Just Joshin' said:

With the salary cap most likely going down next year I am not sure this is a good idea.  What $ do you think is viable for contribution vs cost?

I'd do Clowney at 10-12 million on a one year deal.  That way, little impact on the cap next year.  

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd do Clowney at 10-12 million on a one year deal.  That way, little impact on the cap next year.  

That is a reasonable cost assuming he would go for it.  How many additional wins would he bring is the question.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Alan Branch. 

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Alan Branch. 

That is right. He was active one year for Seattle, signed in Buffalo, was signed to contract and did not appear to want to play for Buffalo following year/

DL Alan Branch - Signed with Bills 4/2

2013: Branch A-: Did his job clogging things up after Carrington went down. Has a new contract and will likely remain a starter.

Branch Released after Arrest: Updating our earlier story, embattled DT Alan Branch was released by the Bills on Sunday afternoon following his Saturday arrest on suspicion of DWI. Police in Cheektowaga stopped Branch after they saw him vomit from the window of his car. A breathalyser showed his BAC at .14, nearly twice the legal limit. Since signing a contract extension Branch skipped voluntary OTAs, arrived at training camp out of shape and failed his physical. His release was widely anticipated and was announced by a simple one-line statement from the front office.

• Like (+1) 1

Can they still cut him/anybody that opts out? Just deal w the contract this year? Seems like it might make sense w an old guy like him.  If he’s not going to play and then try to come back after a year off and was already declining... just go.

Edited by DCofNC

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Can they still cut him/anybody that opts out? Just deal w the contract this year? Seems like it might make sense w an old guy like him.  If he’s not going to play and then try to come back after a year off and was already declining... just go.

Don't think so. Once he opts out his contract is essentially paused. Even without Covid if they cut him now post June not sure they have the option to try and absorb all of the hit this year anyway. Think it would spread across the remaining years. 

• Like (+1) 1