Star Lotulelei opting out for 2020

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s one comment in one thread on one bills message board.  Stop thinking it’s more than it is.  

yes.  I hope there’s a season.  I’m praying that they can somehow make this happen.  Seeing that the Marlins now have 18 positive tests (among other things), in a non contact sport makes me think that this is very unlikely to work.  

sorry I’m not as positive as you and others.  Use the ignore function if I’m draining your soul 

How about instead of randomly posting in threads that you don't think there will be a season, you just say one of those prayers, silently.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

These guys should have plenty of money to last a lifetime if they're saving properly.

This ^^^ and how the F hard is it to live well on $150,000.00 dollars for one year? No pity what so ever. What player Is not earning in the top fifteen  percent in the whole damn country? If these guys are pissing away their money, that’s on them.  

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am starting to see a Bit of trend with the early list..

Alot of BIG GUYs on the list (12 OL/DL) and Obesity is a area to look out for with COVID.

I would not be surprised to Patrick Peterson opting out. He has type 2 diabetes and has a lot of money

Opt out tracker (NFL)

https://www.nfl.com/news/list-of-nfl-players-to-opt-out-of-2020-season

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

There are multiple comments like this on every thread on this message board. And it's insufferable.

If comments like this are “insufferable”, I pray for you.  You need to be stronger or you’ll be dead soon.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How about instead of randomly posting in threads that you don't think there will be a season, you just say one of those prayers, silently.

Wouldn’t want my comment to kill anyone’s hopes and dreams.

This is a message board btw.  A place where people state how they feel about certain subjects.  I’m sorry that my post hurts you so much.  Would you go so far as saying that negative posts like mine are “insufferable”? 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

enough about what comments are or are not insufferable, or who is insufferable in turn.  

What would be insufferable is Clowney going to the Pats*. Lets get him!!

Or them getting Trevor Lawrence next year because their guys opted out and they use it as an excuse to tank. The next Pat's loophole.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Or them getting Trevor Lawrence next year because their guys opted out and they use it as an excuse to tank. The next Pat's loophole.

They're not tanking with Cam Newton.   Maybe he's done and they end up rolling with Stidham anyway, but I highly doubt they'll be bad enough to be in contention to get Trevor.

35 minutes ago, GG said:

This actually sucks, because it makes it tougher to move him next year, which was the likely plan.

Yep. I don't think we will miss him massively from a performance perspective. He has been no better than average here. But moving that big hit down the road a year was not the plan when they restructured him. Obviously nobody could have predicted Covid but still.... it hurts.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

enough about what comments are or are not insufferable, or who is insufferable in turn.  

What would be insufferable is Clowney going to the Pats*. Lets get him!!

With the salary cap most likely going down next year I am not sure this is a good idea.  What $ do you think is viable for contribution vs cost?

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I’m definitely “that guy” when it comes to thinking that a non bubble sport in America will finish its season.  I’m trying to stay optimistic that the NBA and it’s bubble will show that it can be done.  I’m not optimistic that the NFL has the slightest chance of completing its season unless they go to a bubble themselves....which is extremely unlikely at this point.

Leadership at the top is terrible in baseball and fb (Manfred and Goodell). They seem to have blinders on-- just plow ahead and somehow it will all work out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beginning to look like this could be a lost season, delayed start-early end, etc.  Either way, we are a strong young and upcoming team and the timing just royally sucks.  The Pats will get a year off to transition from Brady while we stand idle.  ?

4 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Beginning to look like this could be a lost season, delayed start-early end, etc.  Either way, we are a strong young and upcoming team and the timing just royally sucks.  The Pats will get a year off to transition from Brady while we stand idle.  ?

Belichick with a year to future scout opponent's rosters that don't change much and with no coaching changes and a schedule that he knows now? They would probably go 19-0 with Brian flaming Hoyer in that scenario.