Star Lotulelei opting out for 2020

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

How do you go from $4.5M fully guaranteed to $150K?  That's got to be difficult.  I just don't see this season going more than one game.  All it will take is one team to get it bad.  Then the season is in shambles.    

can be a $350,000 stipend if your high risk.

a “high-risk” opt-out, a designation that allows him to collect a $350,000 stipend and an accrued season. Players not granted the designation receive a $150,000 advance on their 2021 contracts and don’t accrue a season.

Interesting what the accrue - don't accrue plays into each players stituation

1 minute ago, GG said:

This actually sucks, because it makes it tougher to move him next year, which was the likely plan.

I mean Star has to do what he feels is right, but the effect on our cap management is certainly frustrating.

Just now, SCBills said:

Obligatory "that guy" post

Yeah I’m definitely “that guy” when it comes to thinking that a non bubble sport in America will finish its season.  I’m trying to stay optimistic that the NBA and it’s bubble will show that it can be done.  I’m not optimistic that the NFL has the slightest chance of completing its season unless they go to a bubble themselves....which is extremely unlikely at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

You are going to feel silly when it doesn't. Every indication from the league is they will be going forward with the season no matter what.

Feel silly?  For what?  Thinking that the season is going to be cancelled due to a world wide pandemic?  Not really something I’d ever “feel silly” about, but w/e floats your boat

• Like (+1) 5

22 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Makes sense. Lot of drama gonna happen this year. Worth asking if it’s worth it. If you don’t need it, that is. 

The issue i see, is what a year of not playing does to someone (especially a trench player)... feels like some of these guys won’t be back in the league. Star wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah.  my other posts have been about this difficult decision for less fortunate or less lucratively successful players.

Not that this isn't a hard decision, but man if you have it in the bank your body is not going to up and complain to you about not playing and neither is your family.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Feel silly?  For what?  Thinking that the season is going to be cancelled due to a world wide pandemic?  Not really something I’d ever “feel silly” about, but w/e floats your boat

Silly for ignoring all the indications of a starting season and focusing only on the negative.

I hope that this doesn't become an avalanche across the league that has rosters looking like replacement squads.

Here is the current *Pats list:

Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower
Patriots RB Brandon Bolden
Patriots RT Marcus Cannon
Patriots FB Danny Vitale
Patriots S Patrick Chung
Patriots OL Najee

They are going to be severely hampered (though it couldn't happen to a more deserving squad :))
  • Like (+1) 7

Just now, MJS said:

Silly for ignoring all the indications of a starting season and focusing only on the negative.

It’s one comment in one thread on one bills message board.  Stop thinking it’s more than it is.  

yes.  I hope there’s a season.  I’m praying that they can somehow make this happen.  Seeing that the Marlins now have 18 positive tests (among other things), in a non contact sport makes me think that this is very unlikely to work.  

sorry I’m not as positive as you and others.  Use the ignore function if I’m draining your soul 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s one comment in one thread on one bills message board.  Stop thinking it’s more than it is.  

yes.  I hope there’s a season.  I’m praying that they can somehow make this happen.  Seeing that the Marlins now have 18 positive tests (among other things), in a non contact sport makes me think that this is very unlikely to work.  

sorry I’m not as positive as you and others.  Use the ignore function if I’m draining your soul 

There are multiple comments like this on every thread on this message board. And it's insufferable.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

TSW is going to have to find a new whipping boy. Murphy, you are front and center now. :lol:

Lee Smith battling with Murphy.  It's too close to call. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1